Do you like the NFL TD Celebrations

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
Not at first but they grown on me, as long as they are not grabbing their junk or acting like they are peeing or pooping

Nope. Hand the ball to the ref and get your butt back where it belongs.

But I do have to admit when the guy autographed the ball and threw it to the defender's agent, that was genuinely clever and funny. Still don't approve, however.

Zero, absolutely zero, respect for the players and the NFL that allows this crapola. If you are real professional and leader in your sport you don't need to act like a fool. The fact that the NFL allowed that junk is an embarrassment to the sport and one of the reasons I walked away from watching the NFL.

I thought that basically they had to be on the sidelines these days or else they would get penalized on the kickoff.

I do remember way back in the early 80s the NFL wasn't quite the "No Fun League" and they let it go before "excessive celebration" penalties. In particular, the Cowboys had these dances that all the receivers would participate together.

Here's a compilation from the 80s. No Cowboys, but a couple of backflips.

Supposedly the one that kind of signaled the end of touchdown celebrations was Butch Johnson's "California Quake". It was so over the top that the NFL made celebrations in the endzone illegal.

I don't need to see it on every first down. Or if a db breaks up a pass after he's given up two td's and 200 yards to a WR. But other than that I'm ok with it

I don't mind a very brief celebration or pose, as long as it is tasteful. It should last about 2 seconds though - a little fist pump or something. That's it though. I don't care for the elaborate dances, especially when they are particularly obnoxious.

Not a fan and as a PP alluded to, its the celebrations on any first down or defensive stop that takes me out of a game. Haven’t watched an NFL game in over 15 years and the celebrations are a big part of it.

Essentially, no team was “likable”.

I've got no problem with it, but then again I grew up during the era when Billy "White Shoes" Johnson was the standard:

billyjohnson.gif

flatsentimentalhermitcrab

Not at first but they grown on me, as long as they are not grabbing their junk or acting like they are peeing or pooping
The only time I was entertained by someone grabbing their junk (at a sporting event, I mean😉) was when Roseanne grabbed hers after “singing “ the National Anthem. Many were offended, but I thought it was fabulous! I mean, what do you think’s gonna happen when you ask Roseanne to do something like that at a ball ⚾️ game? 🤔

The only time I was entertained by someone grabbing their junk (at a sporting event, I mean😉) was when Roseanne grabbed hers after “singing “ the National Anthem. Many were offended, but I thought it was fabulous! I mean, what do you think’s gonna happen when you ask Roseanne to do something like that at a ball ⚾ game? 🤔

LOL, I forgot about that
roseanne-barr-crotch-grab.jpg

It's fine with me. Like others have said, celebrating when you make a first down, tackle or some other mundane thing during a game (especially if you're losing by a lot) is annoying, however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter