Do you know anyone who identifies as asexual?

I think that "identifying" as asexual is decidedly odd, just as a thing. BEING asexual is a truly fluid state, in that tomorrow you could meet someone who would flip the switch for you and trigger desire. Deciding that you are going to deliberately remain celibate seems a different thing to me; more about actions than feelings, but it certainly seems counterintuitive to join in any kind of movement that has as its purpose support of out-of-mainstream sexual behavior when you actually have no intention of participating in ANY kind of sexual behavior. What's the point of declaring what kind of sexuality you desire when you don't desire any kind?

I really find it troubling when I hear about adolescents who "identify" as asexual. Sexual development happens at different times for different people, and there is absolutely nothing that demands a declaration about waiting until you are physically AND mentally mature to decide what to do about sex. (In fact, society would probably be better off if we all managed to do that.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter