Do You Keep a Stash of Cash?

No. There's no point for me. Whenever I have cash a kid asks me for money and instead of going to the ATM I give them money from my stash with the intention of going to the ATM to replace it. I nevr get around to it and before I know it the cash is gone.

I do have insurance for my business, home, medical, disability and life. I'm worth a lot more dead than alive! But I have always had an emergency stash. I don't keep it in my home, It is very secure and protected and most importantly it makes me feel better that I can always go to it if needed. 6 months of our living expenses isn't "That" much money. I don't carry a lot of debt. Just the basics plus mortgage, car payment etc. My truck is paid for, we only have one car payment on my wife's car and I don't finance things I don't need.
I understand having 6 months worth of expenses I just don't understand why it needs to be in cash and not in the bank.

I understand having 6 months worth of expenses I just don't understand why it needs to be in cash and not in the bank.
It's a matter of one's comfort zone.
The "money" in the banks is fictional.
I transfer funds from bank to bank often and not one cent actually changes location.
The money in my possession is at least as real as the Government allows it to be.

I was about to type an answer, but then came to the realization it wasn't a good idea to post that kinda info on the internet! lol

I was just thinking the same thing I would rather not invite a "home invasion". However I do keep $20 in my glove compartment just in case.....

The original question is asking about cash. You keep 6 months worth of expenses in cash somewhere besides your house? That seems risky.
Not risky at all. Like I said, it's not that much money and it's very safe and secure.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter