• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do You Have Plans for the New Year

luvsJack

DIS Veteran
Not resolutions but maybe plans to make changes? Do something different? Change your home or move to a new one? Visit a new place? Reconnect with old friends? A new job?

We are making changes to our home. Since we are the only ones living here but need room for when everyone gathers, we have decided to make changes to accommodate that and the grands coming to visit.

The living room is all painted and the new furniture is ordered. My bil is building is a new dining room table that sits 10. So just gotta decide on dining room chairs.

The new dining room was a family room. It has a built in entertainment center so we are changing it to make a China cabinet of sorts. That will give me so much more storage in my kitchen!! We are adding some doors and shelves to the area that now holds a TV and a drawer in the shelf that was for the DVD player and satellite box.

This past week we went ahead and tore the old carpet out of our bedroom. Waiting to get new flooring throughout the house. Since we had to take everything out for that, I gave the walls, shelves and everything that went back in a deep cleaning. So I decided every room needs that. Starting dd’s old bedroom next week. That room will become a room for the grandkids. Books, toys, TV and all will be in there with her bed for when they stay the night.

Next will be ds’s old room. Lots of junk has been stored in there so that one will take awhile. Planning a weekend with dh, his truck and a fire for stuff we can burn.

By this day next year we will be feeling like we have a new house!! I am excited.

Our plans include praying daily for both our jobs to stay steady and that our home appraises when it's time to renew the mortgage in May. Our local economy is in free-fall. We're fine so far and the Lord provides, but it's always at the back of our minds. We've had a good number of prosperous years and never thought we'd be back to nervously watching every penny.

"Plans" are : buying and then building a SHE Shed in my backyard. I'd also like to start thinking of taking my soon to be 4 Grandson to WDW. That's always on the brain. I just can not determine if this is the year or 2020. Those are the biggies for me. My husband "plans" on retiring by years end. God help me, I work from home. LOL

My plans for this year are to get my house decluttered. It's not terrible, but could use some improvement. Also, we would like to camp at Fort Wilderness in 2020 so saving towards that this year!

Major decluttering. Began last year, but still a long way to go.

We decluttered the 2 car garage and attic in 2018. All of the Christmas boxes have been in the garage. Curious when we finally get them put up to see what 'new' space we might have in both the garage and attic.

Our goals are keeping kids in college, helping with those expenses, a new garage door, a new deck and some home improvements. All financial. Eek! We paid off our mortgage in Oct and are reallocating $ to savings to cover these things.

Dh lost 16 pounds and wants to lose that much again this year.

I guess all our goals are a continuation of 2018 goals.

My plan is to cook at home more. I actually really enjoy cooking, but with the busyness of life, I often find takeout a lot quicker and easier.

My other plan is to organize my pictures. I actually don’t print pictures anymore, unless I plan on displaying them somewhere in my house. I want to organize the pictures that have been sitting in boxes since I moved to my current house nine years ago. I have so many pictures from high school and college. Honestly, I can probably throw many of them away. I did recently buy photo boxes to put the pictures in, I just need to find the time to sit down, sort through them, and organize the ones I want to keep. Last year I uploaded all my pictures from the last probably 12 years or so (or whenever things started going digital) to Google Photos. I felt pretty accomplished just doing that so I can’t wait to get the printed pictures organized.

My plan is to cook at home more. I actually really enjoy cooking, but with the busyness of life, I often find takeout a lot quicker and easier.

My other plan is to organize my pictures. I actually don’t print pictures anymore, unless I plan on displaying them somewhere in my house. I want to organize the pictures that have been sitting in boxes since I moved to my current house nine years ago. I have so many pictures from high school and college. Honestly, I can probably throw many of them away. I did recently buy photo boxes to put the pictures in, I just need to find the time to sit down, sort through them, and organize the ones I want to keep. Last year I uploaded all my pictures from the last probably 12 years or so (or whenever things started going digital) to Google Photos. I felt pretty accomplished just doing that so I can’t wait to get the printed pictures organized.

Oh yes! I have been drowning in pictures for a week! I have them semi organized in photo storage boxes. The next step is to scan them so that I have a digital copy of them. Dd came up one day and we sat down and went through all of them. Having someone do it with me helped a lot. She kept me from changing my mind about tossing that picture I have 20 copies of or the one that is so dark you can’t see the person lol.

Still got to get something to hold the 8x10s.

And I have got to get our taxes in better containers. I am down to only having the required number of years (found tax forms from 1998!) Each year is in a plastic envelope/file but they are busting at the seams. Found some boxes on line that are for documents so I may get a couple of extras for 8x10 pictures.

Get through my second semester of nursing school with straight A’s... I was close last semester with one B.
... also be more confident in my nursing skills. My instructors believe in me, my patients always have nice things to say about me, I just need to see it myself.

Lose 15 lbs before our trip to Universal this June.

Be more patient with my children. I’m learning middle schoolers are a special kind of crazy :teeth:

"Plans" are : buying and then building a SHE Shed in my backyard. I'd also like to start thinking of taking my soon to be 4 Grandson to WDW. That's always on the brain. I just can not determine if this is the year or 2020. Those are the biggies for me. My husband "plans" on retiring by years end. God help me, I work from home. LOL
Sheryl???

We are decluttering too. House will be paid off soon, and then it is time for new electrical, new roof, new siding, and replace the rest of the windows. The decluttering will increase greatly while there is a dumpster parked in my driveway.

Decluttering......if it hasn't been used or worn in 3-5 years, it is out of here....except the heirlooms

Traveling .....lots of trips planned

I'm thinking of retiring at the end of 2019, and then a year or two after that when DW retires moving full time to our vacation home and selling the main house.

Years ago before teenagers and then grandchildren, the week between Christmas and New Years was my week to declutter.

We lived in a double wide trailer and didn’t have a lot of storage so it was necessary. I divided the number of rooms by the number of days I wanted to work on it and went after it. Every closet and every cabinet was cleared out and cleaned and stuff thrown away or donated or returned or just organized.

17 years ago that trailer burned and 16 years ago we moved into our house. I am not sure I have done a total decluttering since! More cabinets and closets and drawers seems to equal out of sight/out of mind!!

So now, due to letting it go it will take much longer than a day per room.

And it’s not like I had stuff sitting everywhere! This is stuff in closets and drawers and such. DIL came by and saw the stuff I had out for the county to pick up she asked “where on earth was all that stuff??” And that was just out of one room lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter