Do you have next years vacation booked already?

I'm in kind of the same situation as the OP. I usually have our summer vacation booked by now, but I do not. We're going to visit my parents in Florida for spring break and will visit DH's parents (SC) in June, but we usually take a vacation trip somewhere too and I don't have that planned.

I'm trying to decide what/when to book for summer.
My oldest graduates high school and will be starting college in the fall. I *think* the college orientation days are usually in June, so I hate to book anything there until we find out what's going on with Orientation. However, I don't know when that will be. He can't schedule the orientation till he makes a decision/pays the fee. He's got a couple of offers already (waiting for a one more) but he hasn't made his decision yet. He doesn't *have* to make a decision till May 1... and by then it would be too late to book anything for June anyway.
My youngest is a high school freshman. She's talking about joining an activity next year that will involve summer practices. They practice all summer but they start to get serious by July I think... so I'm reluctant to schedule anything for July/August until she makes a decision (then, we might need to see the results of tryouts), so... I'm having trouble coming up with a week that will work! Let alone getting everyone to agree on where/when to go.

I sure do! In late January, DH and I are doing two weeks in Cozumel. In October, we are going to Berlin Germany with side trips to the Czech Republic. My exchange daughter lives in Berlin, and can't wait to see her again! Also excited because DH ok'd springing for lie flat seats both directions. :-D Too old for coach. Just sayin.....

I sure do! In late January, DH and I are doing two weeks in Cozumel. In October, we are going to Berlin Germany with side trips to the Czech Republic. My exchange daughter lives in Berlin, and can't wait to see her again! Also excited because DH ok'd springing for lie flat seats both directions. :-D Too old for coach. Just sayin.....

We just flew to, and back from Amsterdam last month, and you are spot on! Next time, if better seats aren't affordable I think I will buy a third seat so we can have a row to ourselves and at least have elbow room.

I’m going to WDW in February with my MIL, both of my sisters and my daughter (maybe-she graduates from college this month so she may be at a new job by then). We are doing this girls’ trip because one of my sisters turns 50 in February. She hasn’t been to WDW since she was a teenager. She wants to ride HM on her birthday and have tea at the GF - all booked!

DH & I are planning to go to Destin Florida either September or October but it hasn’t been booked yet.

:sad1: Sadly it looks like 2019 is going to be “staycation” for us. Having to unexpectedly replace all of our kitchen appliances last month wiped out our holiday fund and since we’ve already got an unusually expensive one planned for 2020, sacrifices need to be made.
Same for us. My "extra" expenses were for us to buy a van with a lift and an expensive powerchair for me. I rented out hundreds and hundreds of DVC points (thank you David's) that also helped. I also sold one of my DVC contracts. My DH doesn't mind at all as he only goes to Disney to make me happy.

I do have two DVC annual passes that won't be activated until we go. I bought them before I became this handicapped (degenerative nerve disorder). So I have some planning done. We are not going for at least a year - probably January or February 2020. With DVC I can't book before 11 months anyway. I will have DVC points available again in late 2019.

We had been going 2-3 times a year so this will give me time to really miss WDW and with all the new stuff it will be fresh again.

Don't feel too sorry for us. We have a second home (condo on the parade route) in New Orleans so will be there a lot - including the entire Mardi Gras season.

We just flew to, and back from Amsterdam last month, and you are spot on! Next time, if better seats aren't affordable I think I will buy a third seat so we can have a row to ourselves and at least have elbow room.

From reading from frequent flyer sites, I learned about a trick to booking (relatively) inexpensive business class. If you use Travelocity, Expedia or Orbitz (I think they are all owned by the same company, but prices can vary curiously), and book a "package" which includes even one night hotel, the price of the air travel can be less than half of what it otherwise would be. In my case, I saved THOUSANDS vs. booking with the airlines directly. And, within 24 hours my flights show up on the airline websites (United and Lufthansa), with exactly the seats I selected. Totally legit tickets. But, WAY way less expensive. In fact, vs. booking directly with the airline, I got the business class fare for less than premium economy. Seriously. No brainer as far as I'm concerned. I'm reluctant to give away my secret. :-) I should note that this is not "cheap" (so if budget is important, economy class will definitely be cheaper), but for those who want comfort, this is a good way to get it without having to pay $4000-5000 per ticket.

I am hoping to do San Diego this spring or fall. I have family down there, so I would love to see them. My parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary is next year so I am either planning a party or hopefully a Disneyland trip. It is up to them.

I haven't booked anything yet, but I have planned South Africa in December, a Southern Caribbean cruise in the fall, and still trying to figure out where I want to go for my 30th in March.

We have a trip booked to Riviera Maya in May and Punta Cana in August so far. We'll probably do a few quick trips to WDW and a long weekend to Hilton Head but haven't planned those yet.

Yes. Since our vacation time at work is first come, first served, I put in for the following year in June or July, so my vacations are set. Three are fully booked, two I am waiting for discounts on and for one, the hotel is under refurbishment and not currently taking reservations, so that one I have to wait a bit. I do make sure anything I book is refundable in case of emergency.

WDW & cruise in Feb, extended family trip to DC in April, hopefully WDW in August for the Dis party, plus I have a US training trip in March, and our school marching band trip to wdw in NiNovemb (I'm chaperoning). Last summer was our Seattle, Alaska, Disneyland trip, so this summer is an off-year. Hopefully Grand Canyon or Yellowstone next summer.

We have February break planned, taking the kids to Mexico for a week. Then an extra long weekend, Wednesday to Sunday, in Ontario to watch our oldest son Convocate from Milliary College, following with a Commissioning Parade the next day. Youngest daughter graduates high school in June. Possibly will need to move youngest to university depeneding where’s she gets accepted, so that would be at the end August. May look at another summer trip as well.

Cruise from Florida to Cuba in May, cruise from England to Norway, and all related air travel already booked and paid for.

Several long weekend getaways planned.

Yes, we even have a few in 2020 planned and booked already! We enjoy having trips to look forward to.

In 2019 we actually start the year in WDW and Universal (so that's really more of a 2018 trip), then we have a Western Caribbean cruise for spring break, a week in NYC followed by a 9 day cruise from New Jersey this summer, then we'll spend Thanksgiving week in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, and then our usual 10 days at WDW and Universal again right after the holidays next December/January. We'll

I have nothing planned yet, and I hate that, but been brushing up on how to use The Jedi Mind Trick, to get some vacations planned

Yep! Killington, Vermont for skiing in March.

Breckinridge,Colorado is booked for June.

Disney for October as soon as Southwest releases flights.

Last edited:
I hate it when we don't have trips planned to look forward to...but it is getting harder and harder with active teenage daughters. Sports practices and meets/games go on over school breaks and into the summer....it's a constant juggle and compromise to carve out some time. That said, we have a quick trip to WDW planned over winter break and are working up a summer trip to France. We do have some "built in" trips each year to our family summer cottage--so that's always something to look forward to even if it's not something "new".....

Off to Indian Lake, NY, for the Independence Day week. Might be 2 weeks but depends on how long the others can stand non flush toilets and bathing in the lake;); I travel with such wusses.

At the end of July we will visit Compiegne, Zurich, Schaffhausen, and Aachen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter