Do you have an arrival day tradition?

We drive and plan our arrival for early afternoon. We then hit Magic Kingdom to ride Magic Carpets because it was our first ever ride as a family at WDW. We ride it first every time. Then we usually have a reservation somewhere that we want to eat that we will not want to plan park days around. Last visit that was Hoop de doo, other trips O'Hana, Trattoria al Forno, etc. Basically meals at resorts that we want to try without having to leave a park on park days. This year we will hit MK for our ride and then take the monorail to Epcot to go out the IG to Cape May Café. We are staying at BWI so easy to get home after dinner.

We

We also fly from the U.K. but I’m darned if I’m gonna waste them three fast passes! We usually end up in Epcot around 7 pm so tired but we always do Spaceship Earth and Soarin, have a beer and a burger, then go back to our resort, collapse into bed and wake at 2am with the jet lag! I always wander the resort until 5 am then we get showered and head to Magic Kingdom until late morning then head back to the resort for a long nap! Oh and we are not exactly spring chickens!
Haha I love this approach! We're off in 13 days (woohoooo!) and as far as I can recall this is the first time for a Disney trip that we'll be staying up at Gatwick the night before so here's a chance we might break with tradition and do an impromptu park visit or go to disney springs. I'm also terrible with jetlag and struggle to adjust. I usually spend 10 out of our 14 days waking up at 4am, no matter what time I go to bed, DH loves it haha

Go as early as we can and check in POFQ. Use free mini golf certs from our Disney package at Winter Summerland. Lunch at Disney Springs at Blaze Pizza or Earl of Sandwich. A sprinkles cupcake for dessert and a stop at Ghirardelli's for a free piece of chocolate. Beautiful boat ride back to POFQ from Disney Springs. Chill in the hot tub and around the pool in the Florida sun. Check in room and unpack. At around 4:30 go to Animal Kingdom Lodge and enjoy the animals and eat at Boma. Take bus from there to the Polynesian Resort, and watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the Fireworks on the beach. This time ( trip four weeks away ) we might check out Trader Sam's Grog Grotto. Our first day is always a non - parks day.

We are usually up at 4 am or so for our flight snd we arrive to the resort around 1 or so. With the heckticness of packing, flying, getting everyone there, we like to go to the spa to help us unwind. Usually a pedicure is plenty for me but DH loves to get a massage. If the teen DS and DD are with us, they go to the pool. Then, explore the resort and out for a nice dinner.

All trips start and end at MK. I don't want to test fate and see what happens if we stay from tradition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter