Do you get trip insurance??

Leslie32

Going to disneyworld for the first time EVER!!!
I never thought about getting this. We are going in July and was wondering if this is worth it?

Thanks

Leslie32,

I asked about this earlier. After deciding to decline it, I changed my mind and took it. Sure maybe nothing will happen, but I if my flight gets cancelled or I have to cancel after the 45 day period, I don't want $1200 to go down the drain.

I always take insurance... I was a tavel agent for years and have been involved in some horror stories, clients who declined insurance and paid a big price for being cheap.

You never know when something will happen, an illness, an accident, lost luggage, a death in the family just prior to leaving... a death or illness in the family that you have to come back early for.

Better safe than sorry!

For cruises....absolutely. For family vacations..not usually. We don't get vacation packages, so most hotels can be cancelled if necessary, and plane tickets changed with a $100/pp fee.

NancyIL said:
For cruises....absolutely. For family vacations..not usually. We don't get vacation packages, so most hotels can be cancelled if necessary, and plane tickets changed with a $100/pp fee.

I agree...cruise...most definitely! and ditto on everything she said!

I book room only reservations. I can always change my plane tickets and have a week to cancel my room. If I had to cancel a couple of days in advance I will only be out my deposit. Many hotel offsite hotels will let you cancell that day without penalty. Packages are unattractive to us because of the cancalation policies.
Tara

What if there is a hurricane? Do you need the insurance for that reason?

Since my DH is prone to illnesses, we now make the extra investment. I feel much better this way. Caroline :teacher:

Pick up the current issue of Conde Nast magazine. Very interesting read on why you should have trip insurance, not just when you are booking a cruise.

Is it worth it? Well, if nothing else it's worth the piece of mind. And the cost is very minimal for the protection you get. What type of reservation do you have? If you're anything like most of us you've spent THOUSANDS for this trip. A couple hundred dollars for insurance is nothing!

Always. It's worth it to me - my dad had a cruise booked last December, but got into a motorcycle accident in November, they lost the whole trip.

I don't mind shelling out another $89 if it can prevent a potential problem down the road.

I always buy for cruises, but did not purchase it for my next trip to WDW. My flights are scheduled on US Airways late next week. I sure whish I'd bought insurance.

Thank you so much for all your comments. I am trying to book thru my AAA agent now. I do have a room and the tickets full price on hold through disney but plan on getting a pkg. I will be getting the insurance so I don't lose thousands of dollars.

Thanks a bunch :D

I don't understand why anyone buys packages at Disney - the cancellation policy is horrible and they are not good deals, generally speaking. They are ok for convenience - but not for money.

We would always get insurance for cruises. See no reason to get it for hotel rooms and such.......

last year i had to change my dates less then a week before leaving, had no problem with disney there was a small fee for moving the dates, i thought i would get screwed on the flights but i called southwest and they do not charge you anything to change your flight dates , you only pay the difference on the new tickets and get this when i changed my flight the new tickets were $40 per person cheaper and they refunded me the money!!! i love southwest !!!

Never have purchased the insurance for any or our 16+ trips. We've saved quite a bit I guess.

My AAA Agent said Insurance is only 39.99 per adult. I don't think that is to bad.

Cass said:
I always take insurance... I was a tavel agent for years and have been involved in some horror stories, clients who declined insurance and paid a big price for being cheap.

That is awfully snotty. :snooty: Just because somebody declines it, does not mean they are cheap. I know people who spend $12K to go on a 7-Day cruise that decline insurance. Hmmm...:scratchin does not sound cheap to me.

I never thought about buying insurance because I never book a package. We are about to book the myw + dining pacakge at AAA. I'll have to think about the insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter