Do you ever think Disney will adjust its thinking on WiFi on board?

In their defense, I'd add "or when their multi-year contract expires and they have ships in line for dry-dock to change-over the hardware" (which from reading announcements about other lines is apparently required).

I think they do the internet service the way they do on purpose. To keep guests off their phones and in the vacation. It's not for everyone. If you need it to stay in contact and really want to keep cruising Disney, you can pay for one of their expensive packages and don't use the data except for emergencies. You can set up your phones to minimize background comms and use only what you need. I really enjoy how much my family puts down the phones and really have a great time together.

I do like the limited data available for free, mainly for app-based check in for flight the day before end of cruise. If others want to facebook/tweet... not my cup of tea, but have at it. You're paying for it. I can see how it would be good for those who desire it to have an 'unlimited package' that was commensurately priced. I doubt it would be cheap.

On RCCL it's about $15 a day to have one device connected at a time. If you have the Unlimited Beverage package and tack on the Internet package it's $7 more. I'd consider that cheap given the cost of a cruise overall.

My issue us your phones are constantly using data even if you do not want them to. I forgot to turn off my phone one night and used a whole package. Agree on the great advertising. That's what people do now, Instagram friends with their party shots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter