Do you ever hit rope drop at a park, leave, then go back to same park at night?

Farro

Argh.
We usually hop - one park during day, relax, then another at night. But with Pandora being open while we are there, I am rethinking our two Animal Kingdom days.

A plan of attack I think will work will be to hit rope-drop to get Safari and Everest done without fast passes - we can do single rider for Everest as we are 5 adults fine going on it alone. Then we can fast pass Dinosaur, stand in line for Primeval Whirl (at least I will, I love it :o) then meander trails and such. Then go back to hotel for pool time, then head to AKL for dinner around 5 and go back to Animal Kingdom for all the nighttime stuff and hopefully will have been able to snag fast passes for Pandora at my 60 day mark.

Of course this all subject to change based on park times, fast pass availability and maybe if they offer an after hours event, which I will GLADLY pay for. Rivers of Light is not a priority to me, so not worried about that. If Pandora is tiered, we can still do this plan as we will be there two days, so can do one fast pass for each day - which would also leave me an extra fast pass for the morning.

Thoughts? :p Lazy Sunday trip planning...

All the time, particularly if there are nighttime EMH, or an event we have tickets for.

Maybe get the RoL dinner package so you have guaranteed seating for that show without tying up a FP (if you're interested).

Are you looking at two full days in AK? Or one full day and an extra evening?

Maybe get the RoL dinner package so you have guaranteed seating for that show without tying up a FP (if you're interested).

Are you looking at two full days in AK? Or one full day and an extra evening?

Not interested in Rivers of Light. Doing two days, nights and evening. (We love AK, would have done that w/out Pandora).

It's funny, what is totally normal touring for some is so different for others. For some reason we always made it a point to do two different parks each day...

OP, I am in the opposite boat as you. We never park hop, but we always do PPOs, go back to resort and then come back later to the same park. The reason was the hassle to park hop. Now, with the start of the interpark transfer, I just added PH to our tickets for September. Our adr window is coming up soon and I am finding it hard to plan for PH. I think maybe because I solely rely on the crowd calendar to pick our park. How do those who PH choose where to go later in the day and why?

I think this works best at MK. We have done it at Epcot successfully, too. It was a bit smoother at MK. We have always been midday nappers or swimmers. We can only go during crowded times and the break and return to the same park has been simple from a planning standpoint and a sanity saver from a crowd standpoint.

I agree it works best at MK, especially when it is open late. Love taking a little nap in the afternoon by the pool, then back to the park to play until closing.:yay::yay:
We've done this at the other parks also, but tend to hop to a different park for the evening, usually Epcot.

We don't do rope drops in the sense of showing up 45 minutes before park opening, not our thing. But we do have mornings when we'll show up right around park open or 15 minutes after. On some of those days, we will return to another park that night, but when we do it's completely ad hoc. We'll do our morning planned park, then head back to the condo. If we feel like going back out, we decide then and there where to go.

Not interested in Rivers of Light

Thank You! ROL is not going to be a priority for us anytime soon. Maybe in a few years, right now it's just not worth the hassle. Re your question about returning to the same park after a midday break: I'm sure we have over the years but we generally skip to a different park. If you could do that strategy for your entire trip you wouldn't need park hoppers.

I have on occasion done this. Generally though, I tend to be an all day, rope drop to close kind of person.

We do this most of the time. Occasionally, we will go to another park after our midday break but most times, it's the same park. It's just the way my mind works, I guess, and I'm the planner.

This is all we do. We never get hoppers, so it's one park per day for us. We get to our chosen park for the day early, stay until around lunchtime, then head back to the resort to swim/relax and then return to the same park that night.

We always leave and go back to the same park. We're not hoppers but we do enjoy that midday break. AK is the only park we don't return to. It always closed so early that we just stayed until late afternoon and left.

I will routinely hit 3 parks (Epcot every day) in a day. One for RD and then Epcot and then shut down a late night one.

This is all we do. We never get hoppers, so it's one park per day for us. We get to our chosen park for the day early, stay until around lunchtime, then head back to the resort to swim/relax and then return to the same park that night.

Us too, it gives us time to enjoy our resort.

Thank You! ROL is not going to be a priority for us anytime soon. Maybe in a few years, right now it's just not worth the hassle. Re your question about returning to the same park after a midday break: I'm sure we have over the years but we generally skip to a different park. If you could do that strategy for your entire trip you wouldn't need park hoppers.

I agree it would negate need for hoppers, but I don't like to do it. I just think it will work best for our Animal Kingdom days? Honestly, I'm also doing it because we want to eat at Sanaa (I think) so it works - morning, pool, dinner, night. I'm also planning for people joining us later in our trip, so they will have less days than we do. We are there 9 nights, hoppers are a MUST! :)

I don't know. I'm all mixed up. :)

Yes, there's been many times we've rope dropped at MK and gone to EPCOT mid-day and then back to MK at night or vice-versa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!