Do You Check Your Luggage? Or Carry On?

Do You Check Or Carry On?

• Check All Baggage Thru?

• Carry On All Bags?

• Check Large Bags; Carry On Smaller One

Results are only viewable after voting.

mtblujeans

DIS Veteran
When your vacation travel involves an airline, do you check your luggage or take a bag small enough to carry on?

Always carry on a small bag with my toiletries and a change of clothes- or at least underwear. OK-- I am paranoid that my bags will be lost.

We pack our entire family's clothes into this MASSIVE suitcase. I then pack some smaller ones which contain medications and "essentials" that I wouldn't want to be without or lose (like my makeup). That's it.

Check large, carry small. The small has a change of clothes, swim suit, p.j.'s and toiletries, meds, and my camera. This is in case they lose the bag I've checked, I have a change of clothes, something to sleep in, I can take a shower, and can still go to the pool while they track my bag down. The meds and camera are self explanitory, of course!

If I travel alone, I usually carry-on, except when I had to do trade shows then I checked a large suitcase and had a small carry-on.

When I'm travelling with the family, then it's both. Check the large baggage and carry-on the small item.

Check the big ones and carry on a small bag each. We've had our bags 'travel on without us' :sad2: so now we keep anything we will NEED for the 1st 5 hours in our 'carry-ons'

I check everything. After traveling for more years than I care to admit for both business and leisure, the airlines have "lost" my luggage only 1 time and even then it was delivered about 4 hours after I got to the hotel.

My wife usually has a small carry-on bag.

Check large--carry on small. We overdid it this time though--we had to BUY another large suitcase to bring stuff home!!! Never had to do that before--but we had a fabulous time!!

Most times - depending on the destination and the length of stay - I can get away with just a carryon bag. If there aren't massive temperature changes between day/night, if I'm not expecting to do a fancy dinner and need several changes of shoes, then I can get everything I need for a 7 day trip in a carryon bag.

It helps to severely limit souvenir shopping for one thing!

Otherwise I pack essentials and a change of clothing in the carryon, and everything else in a case that gets checked.

We generally do both. Simply too much stuff packed for a week-long vacation to get it all into carry-on bags. DW and I have taken a couple of trips where we managed to do just carry-ons but we were only going for a few days to a very casual destination so not much needed to be packed.

When travelling alone it's usually carry-on. Ever see "Meet the Parents"? lol

If travelling with my parents it's both.

Depends on how long I am gone & where/when I am going. Obviously winter clothes take up more room so i need more luggage. My last trip was done carry on only, and if I can, I do prefer to do it that way.

I carry on the small bag which really is pretty small(fits under the seat in front of me, no problem). I don't put anything in checked bags that I couldn't do without for 24-48 hrs. :)

We like to check everything. DH and I carry backpacks for snacks, medicine, camera, games for the kids etc.. I should carry a change of clothes but we've never had our luggage lost. I guess we will learn the hard way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter