Do you bring your own cups?

Jesslm80

Mouseketeer
Flying down to Orlando for a 7 day eastern in August (2 adults, 2 kids). Trying to decide if we should pack our own cups with lids for the cruise and which size/kind work best for other people. We are not soda drinkers, but obsessively drink water and will bring some wine with us. With it being 90+ degrees most days, we are trying to pack smart for our port days and stay hydrated. We were thinking of packing our big yetis. What worked for you?

We bring Yeti style travel cups for around the ship. We typically just take bottled water with us on excursions. We like the 30oz ones best for cruising.

We have only done a 4 night cruise, but we brought cups along and they stayed packed up in our luggage the whole time. So not planning to pack them for our 7 night next year. We will probably try to bring on some bottled water; for soda, we just used the cups provided.

I usually bring along my 20oz. yeti tumbler. Not too big that I don't want to carry it places, but not too small either. Much better than the small cups they give you in cabanas or on the pool decks!

We ended up forgetting our cups at home on our 4 day cruise and were ok with the ones they provided. We did bring water bottles to have in the room and are not soda drinkers though.

I bring a Tervis. My wife brings her Yeti. The little cups they have on deck are so small you get a sip and have to go refill it.

For wine, just ask your stateroom host and they'll bring you a couple of glasses, and I think an opener too. I use something like this for excursions. In fact, I take it everywhere with me as it has been to multiple continents. On board we have use a tervis with a handle.

I bring a large Tervis cup, lid and straw.....fill it with water during the day to carry around with me.
And I use it to make my own ice tea....can't stand the stuff at the drink stations.
Also a water bottle for shore excursions and just walking around off the ship. A great metal one that keeps things cold for 24 hours or more

Last edited:
We used to take metal water bottles but now use a bladder-style one. They take up less room in the suitcase and are less onerous to carry around as they get emptied and are easy to clip to a belt or purse. What I do like about the metal ones (or any hard sided bottle) is that you can put ice into it and keep filling it up with water which is what we did on really hot days after we returned from port tours (we also do not drink soda - this is for water only). The bladder style ones usually have too small of an opening to do that. But if I mainly want to use it on port tours, I'll definitely use the bladder style (once I remember where I put them after our last trip).

I don't bring the MAJORITY of stuff on the "do you bring lists", but I do bring both cups and water bottles.
We use the insulated water bottles at every stage of travel, in the airport, on excursions, etc.
(We don't travel at all without our water bottles.)

I did bring my insulated cup on the ship last year also, and really enjoyed having it.

We brought Tervis cups for our first cruise and never used them. Last cruise we just used the ship provided cups and had bottles of water for when we were off the ship.

We bring the 20 oz. YETI tumbler for coffee in the morning, water during the day, and the afternoon soft serve ice cream (bring a spoon). Just bring bottle water for excursions.

I like to try to purchase a souvenir cup once onboard the ship. One less thing to pack, plus it’s a nice reminder of the cruise once it’s over and life returns to boring normal.

Insulated cups/tumblers/whatever you want to call them are a must for us on any trip where the temperature is above 15C (47-ish?). We just like having our own bottles and the fact that ice lasts forever in there is perfect for when you’re traveling around.

We use Contigo bottles but whatever works for you is the right choice.

the afternoon soft serve ice cream (bring a spoon)

Ooo - this is a great idea. We have a friend who we occasionally cruise with and he always has his ice cream in a cup. Never thought about bringing my own. I'm too lazy to go get a cup from the drink station but if I had my own wide mouth cup, I could do this.

Slightly related and off topic all at the same time. Like some of you mentioned, we are also obsessive water drinkers. I’m planning on bringing yeti cups for all of us (first timers), but I also want to bring bottled water. I’m struggling with the idea of how we’re going to manage a case of bottled water though. We are local to Orlando so will be driving. We will park in the garage and basically will have to carry the case of water through the garage, the terminal, and all over the ship until our room is ready, is that correct? How much water do people typically bring? Do you put it in a rolling suitcase? Or do you just bring a small pack and mostly use your yeti cups for water?

Slightly related and off topic all at the same time. Like some of you mentioned, we are also obsessive water drinkers. I’m planning on bringing yeti cups for all of us (first timers), but I also want to bring bottled water. I’m struggling with the idea of how we’re going to manage a case of bottled water though. We are local to Orlando so will be driving. We will park in the garage and basically will have to carry the case of water through the garage, the terminal, and all over the ship until our room is ready, is that correct? How much water do people typically bring? Do you put it in a rolling suitcase? Or do you just bring a small pack and mostly use your yeti cups for water?

Yes, you are correct that you will have to drag the water along until your stateroom is ready, which is at 1:30. I put our beverages in a rolling suitcase, but I don't bring a lot. I might bring a 6 pack of Diet Coke in bottles to have in the stateroom and a bottle or two of wine. It's heavy to pull along but it's manageable. I would recommend bringing refillable water bottles or cups for water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter