Do you bring an air mattress??

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
We are staying at US and they allow 5 in a room but I think they 3 boys will start fighting sleeping together for a whole trip. Do you bring an air mattress?? How do you do it if you fly?? We live too far away to drive. We have a king with a battery pump. What size do you bring?? A big TIA

What is US? If you need an extra bed I would ask the hotel for a rollaway. Most hotels have them and then you would'nt have to pay the baggage fee to bring it. You may have to pay a nominal fee per nite. So I would do that.

If you are staying at WDW or Universal at any ot their hotels that allow 5, they hotel room most likely will have 2 quenn beds and a day bed. Our family of 5 sleeps fine in rooms at the BC/YC/BWI without bringing an airbed.

The only time we brought an airbed was years ago staying at BWV in a 1 bedroom. They allow 5 in the room but sleeping conditions were 1 king and 1 queen sofa bed. I brought an aero bed thing in one of our checked bags. In the daytime, we just stood it up against the wall. Housekeeping gave us sheets, blankets, pillows for it.

I have never brought one in a regular hotel room, only the DVC 1 bedroom. We have on occasion been given a rollaway bed for free at other hotels just for asking. These were national chains like Marriot, Hilton, etc. when we travel with the kids. Sometimes it's not easy to get 2 hotel rooms that connect, so hotels are always happy to give us a rollaway.

We have mailed an air mattress to our Disney Hotel many times (along with snacks and stuff). I'm not sure what US is and whether they would also let you ship things to yourself.

We brought one with us when DS3 was only 2 and too large to do the pack and play. We brought along a Cars inflatable bed - a little smaller than twin size. Worked out perfectly!

we brought an air mattress once...the first night of our arrival our plane landed very late, like midnight so we just booked a room at the Hyatt MCO. It had 2 queen beds so we brought the single air mattress for DD to use (we have 3 DD's). The rest of that trip we were staying at POR in a room with a trundle but the kids hated sharing beds after a few days, so we used the air mattress there as well. It comes with a battery operated pump and we just brought our own sheet from home. I think the hotel had an extra blanket we used. I kept it inflated throughout the trip and just slid it under the bed during the day. It was a tight fit at POR but it was doable. Our air mattress also came with a backpack that it fits in to so we just checked it with our luggage, of course we fly Southwest though and they allow two checked bags per person. If you get a single size air mattress you could just carry it on I suppose?

I am assuming that US is Universal Studios?

Regardless, If you want to bring an air mattress, I think you need to find a single. I've never been in any hotel room anywhere that would have room for a king size air mattress on the floor.

Thanks. Yes US is Universal. They charge $25/night for roll away. I'll look into a twin with a backpack.Thanks

We usually bring 1-2 Aerobeds. Older boys do not like to sleep in the same bed for one thing. when at a 2BR DVC resort, (with 6 people) we often used 2 Aerobeds, twin sized. One in each BR. Sometimes we need to move some furniture a little bit.

One of our Aerobeds came with a sleeping bag, I like that one the best, built in bedding that does not come off. (the Aerobed mattress is inside the bottom of the sleeping bag, and it is filled with Air by a cordless rechargable pump, I think for camping when you do not have electricity) The Aerobeds come with a light stuffsack type bag. For flying, we stuff that inside a heavier gym bag, and usually check it. (SW, no charge)

We have a queen and now twin. The twin is much lighter. I wouldn't think it would be much of a problem at all to pack that and the battery operated pump plus sheets. Good luck!

We just about always bring a twin blow up mattress wherever we go. My middle son kicks a LOT and is not pleasant to sleep with. At ASMu in Jan, I made him sleep on the floor as we were flying home and I had sent the air matress with DH in the car. I was trying to keep us to one suitcase only, though. Otherwise, I think you would be just fine with putting it in checked luggage.

We have three different types of inflator things. One plugs into our car charger (for camping when the mattress is MINE!!) one has a battery pack and the other plugs into the wall. We also have two mattresses.

We bring a twin size aero bed everywhere. I have one DD that is difficult to sleep with and have had no problem with using it. We are staying at US in July and are bringing our aero bed. We are not going to pay the $25 per night rate. We pack it in our checked luggage and have never had a problem, but we are not overpackers.

We always bring a twin sized air mattress and pump when we go ANYWHERE away from home. Sometimes we use it, sometimes not but it's great to know we have it in case we need it.

Which hotel is it?? Some rooms are larger than others

There is also 5 of us. We have taken an air mattress (twin) with us when we flew. I had a mid size suitcase, and in it I packed the air mattress, sheets & pump. It worked out great. Our twins shared a bed, and the youngest got the air mattress.

We also have camping cots. We just came back from a small trip that we drove to, so we took 1 cot with a sleeping bag or him. Both work out great because you can push them to the side as soon as he gets up, and so you can still walk around the room, but at night everyone has their own space!

we bring a twin( not a double high one) air mattress as we have 2 teens and they are NOT going to share a bed. We usually put it on DS carryon, a tightly rolled twin fits easily in there. We have a battery powered pump, inflates the bed in about 2 minutes. We bring our own sheets in a color as wihtite ones can get mixed up in hotel linens too easily. During the day just prop the bed up against the wall to allow floor space. If you prefer, you can request a roll-a-way at HRH but it is at a charge of $25 per night. You could send it ahead to HRH, double check to seeif there is a fee to receive packages, I know a lot of resorts are charging $20 per package, so add that to the shipping charge, you may actually be better off paying an extra $25 to the airline if you check an extra bag. You can also check for sales/deals on a twin, like at Target, Walmart..friends of ours left there mattress there instead of paying to ship it back...seems wasteful to me, but to each his own!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter