• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

do u ever stress yourself out as to what can go wrong?

LovinPooh

DIS Veteran
Not only am i impatient as trip nears...but worrying about everything. Getting there, someone getting hurt or sick, dh arguin with me that akl wasnt worth the extra money lol
I m just a bundle of nerves lol

Stess about what could go wrong, no. To me that just takes away from the joy and fun I take in planning.

Prepare for things could possibly go wrong, yes. See above about the joy and fun of planning.:thumbsup2

I try not to. I do try to plan for things that I might have some control over. For the rest, there's trip insurance and a nice glass of wine. Cheers.

Nope. I am not a worrier. I think that worrying is a waste of energy. If something goes wrong, I can handle it. There is no reason to clutter my mind and emotions with endless "what if?"s.

No. It's vacation. Real life can be stressful. Planning for a vacation shouldn't be.

Life happens, so I agree, if you have been planning to control what you can then you're all set. You have to roll with the punches, so if something does go wrong, just focus on pushing through and over and bumps!

I've had complete vacations labeled as "ruined," but you know...even when I was stuck in a hotel room for an entire vacation (sick) I had a lot of good memories! When I think back I honestly smile and only see the positive memories! There is always a bright side, IMO!

:cutie:

I am a worrier. It's my biggest hobby.
We booked our plan vacation a year in advanced and I then started stressing about the what-ifs. I thought about so many scenarios but as soon as we landed in Florida, all my worries vanished and I was truly able to relax and have the time of life.
I am sure you will too. Enjoy.

As you get older, you realize there is no reason to worry about something that you have no control over. And vacations is one of them. You learn that it is a complete waste of energy and time, and it is best to just go with the flow.

Some of my greatest moments at Disney were the ones that were the most completely unexpected and unplanned.

robinb said:
Nope. I am not a worrier. I think that worrying is a waste of energy. If something goes wrong, I can handle it. There is no reason to clutter my mind and emotions with endless "what if?"s.

I agree. You can't change what you can't change.

Plan for best, and deal with the rest to misquote a real quote. :)

Not only am i impatient as trip nears...but worrying about everything. Getting there, someone getting hurt or sick, dh arguin with me that akl wasnt worth the extra money lol
I m just a bundle of nerves lol

ME ME ME!!!!!!! Glad to hear Im not the only one!! :)

You just tell your husband that AKL is worth every penny!!!!!:thumbsup2

I loved it so much we bought DVC into AKV. it is very relaxing and peaceful and feels like a vacation all by itself.

Stop, breathe deeply, and say "Everything is better at Disney!". I am a born worrier/anxiety ridden person. Stressing over vacation takes away from the trip itself. I bring lots of hand sanitizer, clorox wipes and wet ones to help ease my worries with germs. OTher than that there is no control over what could happen except for having fun!!!! pixiedust:

Its okay for your husband to feel, TO HIM, its not worth the extra money. But this is not just him. I have to deal with that attitude sometimes myself. Just kindly point out that's okay but he might as well enjoy it while he's there.

HerRoyalHighness said:
Its okay for your husband to feel, TO HIM, its not worth the extra money. But this is not just him. I have to deal with that attitude sometimes myself. Just kindly point out that's okay but he might as well enjoy it while he's there.

I agree.

Nope, I don't stress out over things I can't control. I don't stress out much over things I can control, either. :) Oh, I might have a moment of 'geez, I hope I don't get sick before my trip', but it's just a moment. Anything more would be a waste of my time. Vacations are supposed to be fun, and the time leading up to a vacation should be full of pleasant anticipation, not pointless worrying.

And if your husband starts complaining about the cost of AKL, don't let it get to you. Just say "Dear, if you really don't like it here, then we won't stay here again. But if you let that thought ruin our vacation, then you'll be throwing away all the money we've already spent. Let's make the best of it."

I bet that will shut down the complaining. ;)

I only stress when we are flying without the kids long distances...for instance we just got back from puerto rico without them - no stress. Flew to Africa in october without them - lots and lots of stress lol. but since they always come to disney that's never stressful.

In the end, what will happen will happen and if you can let go and accept that, you will be in a better place to handle the problems. Of course you should prepare what you can, but some things are out of our hands.

I am usually pretty well planned for the usual concerns like not taking the last flight of the day in case of a problem with the plane, avoiding tight connections, especially in strange airports, etc. I never stress over anything once we get to Orlando after all it's Disney, right? For us the real worry is the weather. Since we are rural and we go in winter, we've had some exciting rides through blizzards trying to get to the airport. Is your resort worth it? Only you can answer that...;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter