• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do they sell ponchos on the Dream?

They do sell a rain jacket with hood that folds up inside it's attached pouch. Just waist length. Nice material. They usually have them in the store and also they are just about always a promotional item. I have bought about 6 of them over time and keep them on our boat for fishing trips. Usually $15 each but have seen them for $10. On the Wonder they were always Red but the ones on the Dream I saw were in Blue. They all have the DCL logo on them. Hey if you get wet then just line up and ride the Aquaduck then you won't feel too bad. :rotfl:We are sailing the 19th as well so let's hope for some good weather. Right now we are in our Summer cycle of rain that comes through in the afternoon so fingers crossed for clear skies as we sail away.:cool1:

I'll always remember on the 2008 EB PC, it started pouring near the end of the canal transit. There were about 20 of us all the up front getting soaked, but not wanting to leave this once in a lifetime opportunity. Disney brought out ponchos.

And gave them to us for free.

Dealing with rain on the ships and parks are different because on the ship you can walk around the entire ship while inside and it doesn't rail on the ship very much. Where in the parks you have to be walking around in an uncovered areas and it rains a bunch more times a year. So it's not profitable for Disney to hold 4,000 ponchos onboard in the off chance that everyone will want to buy one. But, as stated, they do have rain jackets. pirate:

There was a time, years ago, when Disney still sailed to Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, that there were ponchos onboard, available for purchase.

This was also the time, when Disney was, in my humble opinion, still trying to win over people to sail on DCL. Or Disney was just different then, I don't know. Either way, we arrived into the Freeport port, and it was pouring rain. Upon entering our cabin after breakfast, everyone had ponchos on the bed, gratis from DCL. They were also handing out a limited amount when departing the ship, if you didn't get back to your room after breakfast. Same ponchos that were sold in the parks.

We still have those ponchos!

I highly doubt DCL would do this again. At least, not on the Dream!

Once when we were in Nassau (during tropical storm Faye) and it was "raining sideways"... when we went to leave the ship, they were handing out the ponchos... we thought that was amazing since they were the same ones they sell at the parks for $4?

In October 2006 they handed out ponchos to us also. They were see through with mickey on the back of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter