• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do restaurants close for special events?

WifeofZeusse

Earning My Ears
Yesterday was my 180 day mark and I tried booking Raglan Road for May 2, 2012 for 6:00 pm and no avaliablity. :confused3 I can only book something up to 2:30 pm. I called Disney Dining and she was unable to find anything either and told me they hadn't loaded the times into the system yet and to try in another week. :scared1: Well the patient person I am waited a day and tried again and same thing. I can get the day after for dinner but nothing for May 2nd. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Could the restaurant be closed for a special event?

It is possible. Raglan Road is not a WDW owned restaurant. Try calling Raglan Road directly (407-938-0300). I did not see anything on their web site for that day. Raglan Road Website.

Yesterday was my 180 day mark and I tried booking Raglan Road for May 2, 2012 for 6:00 pm and no avaliablity. :confused3 I can only book something up to 2:30 pm. I called Disney Dining and she was unable to find anything either and told me they hadn't loaded the times into the system yet and to try in another week. :scared1: Well the patient person I am waited a day and tried again and same thing. I can get the day after for dinner but nothing for May 2nd. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Could the restaurant be closed for a special event?

Something must be going on because they don't even have reservations open on Open Table (which is how you make reservations from the Raglan Road website). Sadly, I have already deleted my November news letter so I can't even look at it to see if anything is noted.

Yes, restaurants can be booked for a special event. We were in Disney a few years ago and it was reported that CRT was closed for breakfast that morning because someone had bought out the restaurant for his DD's 1st birthday party, $$$$$. She won't be spoiled at all. :wizard:;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter