Do MagicBands still fall off?

jbrinkm

Mouseketeer
The last time we were at WDW was in 2015 with the old style MagicBands. It was recommended at that time to put an additional piece onto the strap to hold the band together because the bands could fall off easily. In fact, even with that additional little piece, my daughter's band fell off and we never found it. Wondering if the new design stays on better?

I take the puck out and put them on a puck holder and clip it to my pants with a drawstring. cant lose this :D

I've only ever had one fall off if it gets hooked on my backpack or jacket while putting it on. In that situation it's fairly obvious, because you can feel it tugging. I've never worn the old style magic bands.

We have been using magic bands since they came out with them and have never had a single one fall off. I have about 15 of them just for myself from all of my past trips that I have used, plus the ones that my daughters have. We have even worn them in the pools without issue. I don't think that was a common problem with them falling off. There could have been a few loose ones, or if you don't snap it on tight, they could have come off. Have not heard of many issues with them though.

I lost the new style ones on a trip in 2017 TWICE!!! I ended up getting a Magic Keeper. Used the new style band again in 2018 and didn’t have any problems. I never had trouble with the old ones! Go figure.

Like Lilsia, I've been using MBs since their inception, heck we even had the first experimental ones and have never had one fall off. I have a very small wrist so I have to take off the black strip and make them child's size. My hubby did have his come undone a few years ago but I think he didn't have it fastened tight enough. My son has also been using them since inception and has never had one come off. I think you should just make sure you have them in the little holes tightly.

They can come off fairly easily if they snag on something, or if your wrist is large; you really need it to overlap by 4 pins to get a good closure. Kids who fidget are likely to wear down the pinholes, which also makes it less secure.

The good news is that the silicone keepers made for Fitbits work just fine, and you can get a huge bag of them from Amazon for under $10. The bonus feature to that is that if you have two people in your party with the same color MB, you can differentiate by the colors of keepers you put on each one.

It was enough of an issue for enough people that, as a newbie before our last trip, I read on multiple blogs and boards about it. I knew nothing about MagicBands (or Disney for that matter...) but picked up some of those extra strap holders just from the warnings I read ahead of time. I'm glad for those of you who didn't find it to personally be an issue!

The good news is that the silicone keepers made for Fitbits work just fine, and you can get a huge bag of them from Amazon for under $10. The bonus feature to that is that if you have two people in your party with the same color MB, you can differentiate by the colors of keepers you put on each one.

I got some of those and they worked perfectly...my 3 yr old grandson could not get his off without help :-)

The last time we were at WDW was in 2015 with the old style MagicBands. It was recommended at that time to put an additional piece onto the strap to hold the band together because the bands could fall off easily. In fact, even with that additional little piece, my daughter's band fell off and we never found it. Wondering if the new design stays on better?
my kids always played with them and they would always fall off. Now I just keep the kids magicbands in my bag and give it to them when we get to ride then right back in the bag. My husband and I have always found ours stay on but the kids always lose their magic bands

We’ve never had an issue with them falling off. I often notice kids that are wearing them without having removed the extra part to make them smaller. I wonder if those are the people having trouble, because they don’t fit properly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter