Do local So CA school break and AP block out dates make it more crowded or less?

Fall1

DIS Veteran
Never been to DL, so we're debating April 14-18. I know 4/14 is Dapper Day and that is also the week that local So CA schools are on break and APs are blocked out. Will that drive up the crowds or make it better because locals who already have APs won't pay to go?

I'm a WDW veteran but confused on DL! Thanks!

It evens things out. Disney blocks the lower passes because they expect non-AP crowds to fill the gap. Dapper Day will bring some crowds; school breaks in CA are all over the place because different districts have different schedules (traditional, year round, home school, etc.); and since Easter is so late this year, Spring Breaks are not focused around the actual holiday. Normally, when the lower APs are blocked, the parks aren't as busy. But there are always exceptions to that, like Christmas Week. Most APs are blocked and DL hits capacity a few times that week every year. Don't worry about the crowds. Mornings are almost always good -- you can get a LOT done between rope drop and noon/early afternoon. Use EE/EMH if you stay on site. If you stay off site, use MP to your advantage. Spring Break can be a good time to go because the parks are prepared for the crowds.

It evens things out. Disney blocks the lower passes because they expect non-AP crowds to fill the gap. Dapper Day will bring some crowds; school breaks in CA are all over the place because different districts have different schedules (traditional, year round, home school, etc.); and since Easter is so late this year, Spring Breaks are not focused around the actual holiday. Normally, when the lower APs are blocked, the parks aren't as busy. But there are always exceptions to that, like Christmas Week. Most APs are blocked and DL hits capacity a few times that week every year. Don't worry about the crowds. Mornings are almost always good -- you can get a LOT done between rope drop and noon/early afternoon. Use EE/EMH if you stay on site. If you stay off site, use MP to your advantage. Spring Break can be a good time to go because the parks are prepared for the crowds.
Thank you!! This makes me feel so much better!

Most So Cal districts will be back in session by that week. My kids are off the first week in April (we are a large district in OC). My sister is a teacher in LA and their break is the second week of April.

Dapper Day will bring in large numbers, but that is just one day.

Most So Cal districts will be back in session by that week. My kids are off the first week in April (we are a large district in OC). My sister is a teacher in LA and their break is the second week of April.

Dapper Day will bring in large numbers, but that is just one day.
LAUSD will be off 4/15-19.

And DD can change the crowd factor on certain rides that normally aren't that crowded, e.g. Mark Twain, carousel, tea cups, etc. And photo ops will be more crowded. But, on the plus side, the crowds will look good!

The crowds from DD is a great reason to grab your favorite snack and drink, park yourself on a bench, and people watch. I love seeing how much time and effort people have put into their clothes, hair, etc. Such a beautiful crowd!

Spring Breaks are spread out and the crowds come from all over the West. It's not just LA schools or California schools, but breaks in Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Oregon, Washington, etc..... (you get my drift) all have an affect on crowds at different times in the weeks before and after easter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter