Do I need an Early Morning Magic Ticket for my breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest?

lawofthree

Earning My Ears
I'm sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find anything when I was searching.

We're going to WDW in about 2 weeks, and we have an 8:10 reservation at the Be Our Guest restaurant on a Tuesday. It seems that there is also the early morning magic special ticketed event going on that morning. Do I need to purchase a ticket to this to go in to our early reservation? Or should I be fine with just our park tickets?

I've been to WDW before but I've never had a reservation at one of the restaurants, let alone an early one like this. I just don't want to show up at the gate and find out I'm missing something.

Mel

When did this Extra Morning Magic start? We were there in Feb, had PPO BOG reservation, and could ride rides by 8:45. It wasn't Extra magic hours either.

So if we have an 8:05 reservation on a Tuesday and we finish early there isn't even a chance of riding anything early? Just want to clairfy

So if we have an 8:05 reservation on a Tuesday and we finish early there isn't even a chance of riding anything early? Just want to clairfy

Early Morning Magic technically only covers 7DMT, Peter Pan, and Winnie the Pooh. I would imagine those rides will be reserved for only EMM folks, but maybe not.

Correct. The main benefit of a PPO breakfast is to get on some of those rides early, but during EMM, they're reserved for the folks who paid to get in early.

Correct. On an EMM day they don't let people with breakfast reservations ride anything early. That wouldn't be very fair to the people who paid for EMM.

The schedule seems to be different in October. It's on Tuesdays and Thursdays the week we are there, so I'd check the week you are going to make sure of the days they are offering it.

Correct. The main benefit of a PPO breakfast is to get on some of those rides early, but during EMM, they're reserved for the folks who paid to get in early.

Correct. On an EMM day they don't let people with breakfast reservations ride anything early. That wouldn't be very fair to the people who paid for EMM.

Makes sense. Guess it just never clicked for me lol. Thanks for replying :thumbsup2

It looks like there is no EMM the week of October 7-14th. Does anyone know if they will add one at this late date? I hope not, because we have PPO BOG on Tuesday the 10th.

Mike

Thank you for helping me out on this. :) We're not as concerned about getting on rides early, since we're also going to be going to one of the Halloween parties while we're there and I think that'll be pretty good for getting a lot of rides in. The main reason I wanted to get an early morning reservation was to wander around for a bit without the park being packed.

When I was 11 we went to WDW in the fall/winter after the 9-11 attacks. I have these wonderful memories of wandering around the park all day with very little people there, and characters just wandering up and down main street interacting with guests. I remember my mom and I just running through the ques for the rides and being allowed to just stay on the ride if we wanted to. (Don't ask my mom how many times in a row she had to ride big thunder mountain with me haha)

I just wanted a little bit of time to feel that open feeling and wonder at being in the magic kingdom, and just kinda re experience something like the memories I have.

Thank you for helping me out on this. :) We're not as concerned about getting on rides early, since we're also going to be going to one of the Halloween parties while we're there and I think that'll be pretty good for getting a lot of rides in. The main reason I wanted to get an early morning reservation was to wander around for a bit without the park being packed.

When I was 11 we went to WDW in the fall/winter after the 9-11 attacks. I have these wonderful memories of wandering around the park all day with very little people there, and characters just wandering up and down main street interacting with guests. I remember my mom and I just running through the ques for the rides and being allowed to just stay on the ride if we wanted to. (Don't ask my mom how many times in a row she had to ride big thunder mountain with me haha)

I just wanted a little bit of time to feel that open feeling and wonder at being in the magic kingdom, and just kinda re experience something like the memories I have.

You probably need to temper those expectations a bit. ALL guests are allowed into the hub area of MK beginning at 7:45am. Main Street and the castle area are very crowded during that time. You will be allowed to progress on to your ADR at the castle, but they don't allow much meandering around. You'll be confined to FantasyLand only, as they'll have ropes up and cast members posted at them to prevent access to other areas. I haven't been during an EMM morning, but I wouldn't be surprised if they held you near BoG after you're done with your meal, since you won't have EMM access.

Well, it can't be more crowded at 7:30-8 am in September than it was at mid-day at Christmas time a few years ago when we went. That's the only other time I've been there. And it will be really cool to be in the new be our guest restaurant. :)

You probably need to temper those expectations a bit. ALL guests are allowed into the hub area of MK beginning at 7:45am. Main Street and the castle area are very crowded during that time. You will be allowed to progress on to your ADR at the castle, but they don't allow much meandering around. You'll be confined to FantasyLand only, as they'll have ropes up and cast members posted at them to prevent access to other areas. I haven't been during an EMM morning, but I wouldn't be surprised if they held you near BoG after you're done with your meal, since you won't have EMM access.

Nope, you are not held at BoG. we just did this the other day. You are free to roam Fantasyland between Peter Pan and Pooh. We were done with breakfast at 8:30 and just wandered around between Pooh and Peter Pan to see if they would let us on a bit early (they wouldnt). Around 8:50 we got in a line outside of the queue for Peter Pan, and they let us enter the queue right about 8:59. So, well before the rope drop crowd could get there.

When we did EMM, they let us in a few minutes before the main crowd. Guests with breakfast reservations were let in with us. But we had time to stop and do our "no one around" castle picture before the masses came in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter