Do I need an AP to see AP rates?

KittyKitty

DIS Veteran
Hello

I plan on upgrading my 10 tkt. to AP when I go in Nov. Am I able to see/book AP resort rates before I arrive? If so, where do I go?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello

I plan on upgrading my 10 tkt. to AP when I go in May. Am I able to see/book AP resort rates before I arrive? If so, where do I go?

Thanks
I don't think that you can see AP rates on the Disney website until you purchase an AP and have it linked to your MDE account. :) But once it is linked you will be able to view the discounted rates.

Called Disney and I can book AP rates over the phone, but to make sure to show the AP at check-in. Yea!

Will watch for rates using historical dates at Mousesavers.

Last edited:
You can't view AP rates until your AP is activated. So, for your first trip using the AP you cannot see the discounts online. You can call and get AP rates or you can inquire here and someone with an AP can look it up for you.

You can't view AP rates until your AP is activated. So, for your first trip using the AP you cannot see the discounts online. You can call and get AP rates or you can inquire here and someone with an AP can look it up for you.

Also, travel agents can book them. We have access as well.

Are there special AP rates outside of the announced AP discounts? Or are you talking about the published seasonal room discounts?

You can't view AP rates until your AP is activated. see the discounts online.

Sorry, not true. I just purchased our AP's on Thursday night and we have not activated them yet. As long as they are linked in MDE and you are logged into your account, you can see the AP rates. I can see them now, and ours were new AP's, not renewals.

Sorry, not true. I just purchased our AP's on Thursday night and we have not activated them yet. As long as they are linked in MDE and you are logged into your account, you can see the AP rates. I can see them now, and ours were new AP's, not renewals.

Wondering if you had your AP activated or were they still vouchers when you added it to MDE to see the rates? Were you able to get your MB before your trip?

Wondering if you had your AP activated or were they still vouchers when you added it to MDE to see the rates? Were you able to get your MB before your trip?

Our AP's are still not activated, as we have not gone on our trip yet, so they are still vouchers. We are going to WDW next week and will activate them then. I bought the AP's through the MDE website, so they were automatically linked for me. I was then able to see the AP rates. I actually had a Florida Resident rate first, then purchased the tickets, then found the AP rate on the room was better for the same room I already had booked, and I was able to switch to the better rate, through the Disney website.

We could have gotten MB's because we are staying on-site, but we have so many, I always decline them.

According to another thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-you-need-to-know-about-magicbands.3481711/) you can not get your AP MB, until your AP has been activated:

5) Annual Passholder or DVC bands.
  • Annual passholders and DVC members get 1 band per year.
  • When you customize your bands, it'll ask if your ready for it to ship. They will only ship when you say yes. You do not need to customize right away.
  • If you are not renewing and getting a new annual pass, you cannot customize and ship until you your pass activated. you cannot activate your band until you are standing on property.
  • To be clear: Your are new to annual passes, you cannot get your annual pass magicband until 10 days after you activate your pass in person. For most people, this means you will not get this magicband until after your WDW trip. You are still eligible to purchase or get free resort bands for this trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter