Do I have to give the real flight time to DME?

MarBee

DIS Veteran
We have an early flight home, and since we have pre-check and aren’t checking any bags, the 3 hours prior to our flight is excessive. The last few times we’ve done this flight, we are sitting at the airport for an extra long amount of time, and I’d rather get some extra rest at the resort. I was hoping to conserve some sleep and give DME a different flight time, so that we are picked up only 2.5 hours before our flight.
Am I able to do this? Or will DME check with the airline and see we aren’t on that flight and change us?

No, you don't have to give them your real flight time
But you do have to assume the risk of making your flight.
I agree with you totally, ME picks up too early for us.
We don't even bother with fake times though, we take Uber back. That way, we don't worry if there are 4 resort stops, taking an hour, to even leave for MCO.

No, you don't have to give them your real flight time
But you do have to assume the risk of making your flight.
I agree with you totally, ME picks up too early for us.
We don't even bother with fake times though, we take Uber back. That way, we don't worry if there are 4 resort stops, taking an hour, to even leave for MCO.
Thanks! We have Ubered a few times as well but was trying to be as budget conscious as possible this trip. I gave them a flight that is 30 minutes later than our flight since this is our first time trying this. Hopefully it works out and we can judge from there.
Thanks for the help!

Thanks! We have Ubered a few times as well but was trying to be as budget conscious as possible this trip. I gave them a flight that is 30 minutes later than our flight since this is our first time trying this. Hopefully it works out and we can judge from there.
Thanks for the help!

Report back on how that works for you. I'm not looking forward to a super long stay at MCO, but also trying to be budget conscious. Last trip we stayed at the Swan, so had no choice but to get our own ride, and it was nice to be on a more efficient timeframe.

Report back on how that works for you. I'm not looking forward to a super long stay at MCO, but also trying to be budget conscious. Last trip we stayed at the Swan, so had no choice but to get our own ride, and it was nice to be on a more efficient timeframe.
Will do!
I like ubering for the same reason, but if fudging the time will save me some money and get the same results, I’ll report back:)

Will do!
I like ubering for the same reason, but if fudging the time will save me some money and get the same results, I’ll report back:)
Basically the only difference between using Uber and leaving on a later ME will be how many stops you make before leaving Disney property.
With Uber, you go direct to the airport, of course. All doubt is removed from how long it takes, baring serious traffic
With ME, you may go direct to the airport and you may have 3 more stops.
2.5 hours should still be fine even with stops, especially if you've already checked bags and have PreCheck.
There are some instances where it could be tight. Especially if there's traffic in Orlando or lots of folks with lots of bags to load at each stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter