• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I book a Studio or 1 bedroom at SSR

orangetiggs

Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!
OK so I missed the disney offer on ssr so I'm going to bite the bullet and book with complete orlando

As alot are aware I have twins on the way and they will be around 9 months old when we go to SSR next year (sept)

Shall we save money and book a studio which is big enough for us and two travel cots or spend the extra £500 on a 1 bed villa?

We saw both when we did the DVC tour but I'm just not sure as £500 could be used as spending money

Any advice/pics would be great

Thanks

Well done on deciding to book! It's going to be fun going with the twins..

It is really hard to advise since you haven't had the babies yet, so no idea what they be like - but I would be tempted to book the 1 bedroom to give you all a bit of space. Then if one of the babies is asleep (or if you are lucky - both) - you can put them down in another room where they won't be disturbed.

Tough call - but if you are talking about going for 2 weeks - I think the extra money will be money well spent, so you can all get some sleep...

We wouldn't but I know others would, you only know yourself really. 3 of us manage in a cruise cabin so a Studio is massive compared to that.
What about OKW instead? slightly bigger.
You would also have to consider the inroom washer/dryer, might be a big thing to you with twins.

SSR studio 355 sq ft, 1 bed 714 sq ft
OKW studio 390 sq ft, 1 bed 942 sq ft

OK so I missed the disney offer on ssr so I'm going to bite the bullet and book with complete orlando

Who is "complete Orlando"? Why not rent DVC points? Would that not be cheaper?

As alot are aware I have twins on the way and they will be around 9 months old when we go to SSR next year (sept)

Is it just the 4 of you?

Shall we save money and book a studio which is big enough for us and two travel cots or spend the extra £500 on a 1 bed villa?

We saw both when we did the DVC tour but I'm just not sure as £500 could be used as spending money

Any advice/pics would be great

Thanks

When you say cots, do you mean portable cribs?

My family and I stayed in a studio in 2006 at SSR. They are small for a family of 5. If you are putting the 9month old babies in portable cribs, the studio could be tight. However, how often are you in the room? If you are in the room for any extended periods of time, then I'd recommend the 1 bedroom. If you are merely sleeping, showering and changing, then the studio will work.

Just my 2 cents.

we are getting free dining so thats why i'm booking it and not renting dvc

Complete orlando I found on here and are part of attraction tickets direct

There is just the 4 of us but my parent and my 15 year old sister have already booked with disney uk for ssr so I dont want to book OKW and then they will have to change it and the deal is now over (for now) and they pay more

I do like the idea of the washer and dryer as the twins will need clothes washing i would think

Also if we are not staying on dvc points so we still get free internet or is it the 9.95 a night?

I would book the 1 bedroomed villa , you can't put a price on comfort and extra room when you have children.

You will be happier I am sure, happy parents = happy holidays. :)

Who is "complete Orlando"? Why not rent DVC points? Would that not be cheaper?
For our dates next August points required for SSR, 356
Complete Orlando £2,184 including DDP for 3 adults for 21 nights.
Not sure what price 356 points rental would be but the free DDP is worth just over £1,500.

Also if we are not staying on dvc points so we still get free internet or is it the 9.95 a night?

You have to pay,cost me almost $140 this year over the 16 nights.:mad:

wayne- thats what i thought i read on your thread about the internet,

I'm not sure I could pay for the dining plan when I know I could get it free! ok the points may be cheaper say $10 a point but then all that food!

I think I will discuss with husband tonight and try and get the 1 bed booked, I think it would be easier and they can sleep in bedroom and we still have the living room so dont have to worry too much about the noise etc

They will prob be crawling or maybe walking round the furniture by then as well so I guess the sapce will help with that

I'm not sure I could pay for the dining plan when I know I could get it free! ok the points may be cheaper say $10 a point but then all that food!

Is that the going rate $10/point? thats a coincidence.
points required 356 @$10 = $3,560 @ ex rate of $1.63 = £2,184

See my previous quote, Complete Orlando £2,184, exactly same price but includes £1,500+ of DDP.

I would go with the 1 bed room, as a Mom of 3 kids who has stayed at SSR 2x times us + my Britsh father:) .... here's why...

1. Washer and drier
2. Full kitchen, big fridge, microwave, oven and dishwasher:)
3. Bedroom is HUGE plenty of room for 2 pack and plays
4. You will have the extra bedroom so you can put the kids to bed and chill out for a few second before you pass out yourselves.
5. Nap time for the babies won't mean nap time for you:)
6. If one is up you have somewhere to go and are still able to let the other baby sleep.
7. Did I mention the washer drier?

I know $500 seems like alot but when I personally think its a small price to pay to make everyones trip a holiday to remember for the right reasons:) Good luck.

I will try to post some pictures later,I have only stayed in a 2 bed villa but the layout is the same if you cut off the extra bedroom. Also you could checkout Disneyvacationclub.com they have detailed pictures and floor plans of all the DVC resorts.

I would book the 1 bedroom as when the babies are asleep you won't want to be tiptoeing around for fear of them wakening. The washing machine would swing it for me if i had twin babies, it will be great to be able to wash most evenings. Also if they are mobile they won't feel as constricted if they are in a studio

My friend has twins and they cannot sleep in the same room as they wake each other up all the time.

Another vote for the one bed.

Although there's just the two of us, the one time we stayed in a studio we hated it - it felt so squashed and the bathroom is tiny.

I would definately go for the 1 bed. There is just so much more room, the washer/drier and full kitchen will be very handy and you get the jacuzzi bath to relax in once the twins are asleep.:)

... and another vote for the 1BR!
It's impossible to tell but if you're twins are anything like my 2 were when they were 9m old (they weren't twins but they were both 9m old at different times) then their sleeping patterns might not be the same as yours. So if you have an extra room, then one of the parents can sooth/change nappy/feed etc. in the other room while the other parent sleeps.
Also I think you'll find the washer/dryer a godsend!

Hi we found the studio had plenty of room for us and ds12. Might be nice to have a separate bedroom with the babies though. When did the offer end? I was told that it was on until 31 December for 2010 when I rang at the end of July. Hope they put it back on as we were just waiting for the flights to come up.

not sure when it ended, we were in disney when it did, I only found out as I was on here posting!

The free dining is still on for next year through disney but not the 42% off SSR or OKW

I vote for 1 bedroom I don't have kids but especially with twins I think you will appreaciate the extra space dryer etc etc.

Hi, mum of twins here, and I would def recommend the 1 bed. We had 2 studios at SS last year, and with 2 travel cots, there wouldn't be enough room, believe me!
At 8 months, your twins will be active bundles of energy and so inquisitive! I remember mine at that age! They were crawling everywhere, pulling themselves up, and trying to walk around the furniture! I would be worried in such a comfined space of a studio that they would fall and hurt themselves. The furniture is very solid isn't it?
Also from your point of view. you will be spending more time in the room because of sleeping patterns, feeding etc, so the added space will make it more comfortable for you. The washer and dryer will be invaluble, because the amount of 'stuff' with twins is unbelievable so you could cut down on taking so many clothes with you. We didn't take so much this year, but what with the clothes we bought out there, and having the washer and drier, we had a case of clothes that hadn't even been worn!
Also with a 1 bed, you will have more storage space for the nappies, wipes, clothes, nappies, toys, did I mention nappies?!:flower3:

Jules x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter