• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do Disney Hotel Rates Potentially Go Down Closer to Arrival?

consultant

Mouseketeer
I know with other hotels, sometimes the rates go down as you get closer to the arrival date if the hotel is not filling up as fast as they want to meet their target occupancy. Does that every happen with Disney Hotels? I would guess not, the reason being most people book their Disney Vacations in advanced and not last minuted (within a couple weeks of arrival) but I could be wrong?

Never. Rates are set each year and they never change. BUT disney does offer deals as dates get closer. So if you booked 12 months out at rack rate of 500 a night (roughly) for AOA family suite, come 6 months away they might offer a "super amazing summer funtime " deal in which a LIMITED number of AOA suites are available at 15% off. Bottom line, once you book check the website every day to see of a deal is available for your dates and then see if you can change your reservation to that deal, or cancel and book fresh for that deal. I'd actually book first to ensure you have the deal and then cancel old reservation.

Absolutely not. The closer you get, you will pay rack rate. Disney offers "special offers" all the time, and have been known to have resorts fully booked.

I know with other hotels, sometimes the rates go down as you get closer to the arrival date if the hotel is not filling up as fast as they want to meet their target occupancy. Does that every happen with Disney Hotels? I would guess not, the reason being most people book their Disney Vacations in advanced and not last minuted (within a couple weeks of arrival) but I could be wrong?
I have indeed found rates have gone down. On my trip in April (three nights) the total cost went down nearly $125! I book room only rates and they generally are at an Annual Pass discount but I ALWAYS check. It often does not let you change it online, BUT I have called and they can adjust it on the phone! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter