• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do any of the Moderates share a bus?

arizonacolbys

Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!
We are strongly considering staying at a Moderate Resort (Can't decide which one yet :rolleyes: ) - we were wondering - do any of the moderates share busses?

I remember the Contemporary/Polynesian/Grand Floridian sharing busses to most parks - is this the case at the moderates?

TIA! :)

I loved that we were picked up at the POFQ first, but having to do three other stops at POR was annoying. The good thing is that we were dropped off first from the parks

CSR does not share busses with any other resorts. The busses come quickly and are very efficient. It never took us more than 10 minutes to get anywhere once we were on the bus. It's a beautiful resort with a great pool. I hear people complain that it is too spread out, but I didn't find that at all. It never took more than 5 minutes to walk anywhere and we were in the Ranchos section.

Thanks for the input! It's good to hear about CSR's efficient busses. :) I wonder if POR guests ever have trouble getting a spot on a bus if it always stops at POFQ 1st?

Thanks again! :)

We stayed at POR in Nov. 2002 and got on the bus at the 3rd stop (there are actually 4 at POR). We never waited for more than 10 minutes for the busses and only had a problem getting a seat one time. We were heading to MK in the early evening to see Spectro. It was the only time they were showing it that week, so everyone else was apparently trying to do the same thing. We had 3 busses come by full and ended up taking an Epcot bus and then taking the monorail to MK. The smarter, shorter thing to do would have been to walk the extra 10 minutes up to the first bus stop at POR and then we would have gotten on. But, what did we know it was our first stay on-site and we really weren't thinking of anything except that we really wanted to get to MK! LOL! Otherwise I would say the bus system is great there!

Moderates don't share buses (except both sides of Port Orleans on occassion), however, they do have multiple stops within the resort.

It should be noted that during morning hours, buses DO NOT always pick up stops in the same order. Buses are dispatched on a flexible demand based dispatching system, so just because you think you're boarding at the last stop doesn't mean you actually were the last stop for that particular bus.

Caribbean Beach has three different start points.
Coronado Springs has two different start points.
Port Orleans has three different routes/start points.

When we stayed at Coronado Springs we often had to make stops at Blizzard Beach.....

Thank you everyone for all your help - sounds like transportation shouldn't be a problem at any of the moderates - thanks again! :)

Originally posted by tinkerb
When we stayed at Coronado Springs we often had to make stops at Blizzard Beach.....
Not sure whether this was changed, but one or two years ago I was staying at the All Stars and just the Epcot buses stopped at Blizzard Beach. (On my last trip ca. Nov. 03 BB was closed for its refurbishing)

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

All resorts seem to have a route that stops at Blizzard Beach. The Downtown Disney buses stop at Typhoon Lagoon during its operating hours.

The only resorts that do not share buses (on regular bus operation schedules; sometimes they change at peak times) or have multiple bus stops within the resort are Pop Century and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter