• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Do Allegiant prices drop as you get closer to your flight?

momtoARQ

Mouseketeer
We are flying from Rochester, NY to Sanford Orlando on August 19th and returning August 30th. Right now, the return cost is $181.50 but there are flights in August that are cheaper than on our specific days. Do the prices ever drop down? Should I wait a bit? The flights in July are overall cheaper than August so I thought I should wait???

Prices tend to fluctuate, and while there's no way to guarantee what will happen when, the closed you get to departure the more likely prices will increase.

I've scored super cheap flights a few days before an impromptu trip, but you cannot count on it. If you can live with the price, book it and don't look again.

NO airline's prices drop the closer you get to flight date. They just keep going up.

Actually, with discount airlines like Frontier, Allegiant, and Spirit, they do tend too drop prices significantly much closer to the date of the flight but which flight day/time and when they do it can be unreliable. We have booked the cheapest rates ($50 RT from NJ/PA to Orlando) as little as 1-2 weeks out. Frontier in particular typically has the best sales for flights that are within the following month to 6 weeks. But I've seen similar trends in Spirit not as sure about Allegiant. They don't consistently drop though you have to watch for the sales that can be just a 24 to 48 hour thing. Then they go right back up again. And it helps to be flexible with dates.

I find with Allegiant they up their prices as soon as a few people buy tickets. Then a few days later they go down. A group of us were flying to Vegas and 4 people in our group booked and all of a sudden the price jumped. I decided to wait a few days because I was annoyed and they went down. Another time I was booking tickets for my family and had to do it in two shots because they don't let you book 2 Adults and 4 kids. Anyways my first set of tickets was way cheaper. It's really Annoying dealing with Allegiant.

Each* airline offers only a limited number of seats a a given price. Once those seats are sold, the remaining available seats are at the next price tier. There is frequently more than one party booking tickets If prices drop later, it could be a sale, or slow sales, or tickets being held were released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter