• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DME - very early morning pickup?

CindyIsMyFave

DIS Veteran
Quick question, if I have a 6:15 am flight out of MCO, does DME still pick up approx. 3 hours earlier - so maybe 3:15 am?

Also, we've only done DME once, so I can't remember. I'd be checking into ASMu about 4 pm on Sunday and then I have the 6:15 am Monday flight the very next day. (Don't ask.) :)

At what point do they tell me what time my DME pickup time will be? Any chance the time would be known when I check in, since it's only a 1 night stay for about 12 hours?

Quick question, if I have a 6:15 am flight out of MCO, does DME still pick up approx. 3 hours earlier - so maybe 3:15 am?

Also, we've only done DME once, so I can't remember. I'd be checking into ASMu about 4 pm on Sunday and then I have the 6:15 am Monday flight the very next day. (Don't ask.) :)

At what point do they tell me what time my DME pickup time will be? Any chance the time would be known when I check in, since it's only a 1 night stay for about 12 hours?

A few years back I had a flight that left MCO at 6:30am. We were staying at All Star Sports and my pickup was around 3:00am. It was the first pickup for the bus and we stopped at about 4 or 5 other resorts because it was so early. I got to the airport about 25 minutes before the checkin counter even opened. Hope this helps

3 hours before your flight, maybe it will vary +/- 10 minutes, but you pretty much are right on.

And you still need to be at the bus stop, ready to go, 15 minutes before the time they give you. Buses do come early, even at that time of the day. My dad almost missed his bus once because someone forgot to tell him that.:rolleyes1

Thanks all! I'm only being so picky b/c if I go with this type of plan, I'll want to maximize my EMH at MK as late as possible. So I know I wouldn't be able to stay 'til 3 am. :) But knowing my exact return time at checkin 12 hours earlier would be helpful for me if it's ready then. God forbid I leave the parks 20 mins early or something! :)

YAY!!! You booked a value. I think you'll be very glad.
For a 6:15 pickup, I would plan on being at the bus stop about 3am....you will be given the pickup time the day before. Since you are checking in on that day, I would be sure to reserve your ride back to MCO before you get to WDW....then, when you get to the front desk to check in, ask what time your pickup will be the next morning. It 'should' be in the 3am-3:30am range. Plan on getting to the bus stop about 15 mins prior.
This means leaving MK by 2:15ish. Should give you plenty of time for fun.

YAY!!! You booked a value. I think you'll be very glad.

You remembered me from my other question! :)

Yes, have pretty much decided to throw a little bit of budget to the wind. Actually, DH was fairly easily sold on it b/c he said he felt like DME was the safest way to get me to the airport in the middle of the night - instead of a cab.

You remembered me from my other question! :)

Yes, have pretty much decided to throw a little bit of budget to the wind. Actually, DH was fairly easily sold on it b/c he said he felt like DME was the safest way to get me to the airport in the middle of the night - instead of a cab.

Yep, I remembered. I was very glad to see you did this. Your DH is right. While I would take a cab if I had to, I would always feel better taking the DME bus at that time of night/day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter