DME, Split Stay, and Extra Person in Room

Mom2Stitch

DIS Veteran
We are staying at CSR May 8-May 13, 3 adults on a package with tickets. For May 13-May15 we have a ticketless package for 2 adults, DS has decided to spend time with family for those days and we don't need him on the package part of the room. He will need to stay in the room on Sunday night and have transportation with us on DME for Monday morning.

Can I add him just for the room portion so that he can stay in the room that night and have a DME pass? I understand that we would have to pay the additional fee for more than 2 adults.

I wasn't sure where to ask this, MOD please move if I'm not in the right place, thank you.

No, if you add him he would have to have the same package as the rest of the room.

We are staying at CSR May 8-May 13, 3 adults on a package with tickets. For May 13-May15 we have a ticketless package for 2 adults, DS has decided to spend time with family for those days and we don't need him on the package part of the room. He will need to stay in the room on Sunday night and have transportation with us on DME for Monday morning.

Can I add him just for the room portion so that he can stay in the room that night and have a DME pass? I understand that we would have to pay the additional fee for more than 2 adults.

I wasn't sure where to ask this, MOD please move if I'm not in the right place, thank you.

Yes you can add him to just the room once you get to the resort and then add him for DME. Be sure to call DME at least 24 hours in advance to add him to the reservation so they schedule him for the bus the day before you leave

We have done this several times. Sometimes they charge us the extra person fee and sometimes they don't.

In researching I have seen posts of persons being added to the room after check in. We couldn't do that?

Yes I've done it often.
At check-in you tell them he would be joining you xxx night and he would need to be added to MDE.
They can handle all that at the front desk.
You can followup with call to MDE to insure they added him.

What I was seeing is DME - Disney Magical Express. Unless he is on the room, he can't use Magical Express. If he is arriving same time as you, you would not yet have added him at check-in.

If he is arriving after you, sure, this works. If he is arriving same time? Issues.

What I was seeing is DME - Disney Magical Express. Unless he is on the room, he can't use Magical Express. If he is arriving same time as you, you would not yet have added him at check-in.

If he is arriving after you, sure, this works. If he is arriving same time? Issues.

In reading the OP's post it looks like she's saying she needs to add him to the room on the night of the 14th so he can stay with them and return to the airport on the 15th for their flight out (the 15th of May is a Monday which aligns with the post details).

If it were inbound, yes it's more complicated but I believe if you are within 3 days of checking in you can also call to add someone to the room only because they are not able to add the dining plan at that point. It was that way a few years ago. Haven't tried that in years. So it's not impossible but it's a little more complicated.

Thank you all for your answers. Actually none of us will be using DME to the resort, we're coming over from Universal. So just back to the airport and DS was invited to the beach with a cousin and will be going there Friday night and returning sometime Sunday. I've had to split the stay because we couldn't get the same room category when I tried to extend our stay.

yes - just add him to the room after you check in and then add him to your DME reservation.

All guests have to have the same package prior to check in, but after that you can add a guest for "room only", we have done it many times. If he is over 18 there is a $15 charge per night at the moderates.

yes - just add him to the room after you check in and then add him to your DME reservation.

All guests have to have the same package prior to check in, but after that you can add a guest for "room only", we have done it many times. If he is over 18 there is a $15 charge per night at the moderates.

This is good to know. Our travel agent told us my mom would have to have her own reservation to come for a day or two out of our trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter