DME at an earlier time

elfof2moons

Mouseketeer
Can you board DME earlier than 3 hrs before your flight? We want to check out some of the shops at the airport and we are afraid that boarding 3 hrs before flight time won't be enough time. We don't have plans other than to relax on the day we leave so we wouldn't be missing out esp since check-out is 11am.

Just let the front desk at the resort know, they can arrange it for you. Don't wait til the last minute though, do it at least 24 hours in advance of when you want to leave.

Can you board DME earlier than 3 hrs before your flight? We want to check out some of the shops at the airport and we are afraid that boarding 3 hrs before flight time won't be enough time. We don't have plans other than to relax on the day we leave so we wouldn't be missing out esp since check-out is 11am.

We almost always get on an hour or an hour and half before our pickup time. My husband is always very nervous about getting to the airport, so if we are given a pickup time of 4:00, he'll be anxious to get going by 2:30 or so, and we generally go to bell services, get our bags and head to the ME pickup spot. When the bus loads, we wait until everyone gets on and then ask the driver if there is enough space for us to get out early, and we have never had them say no. We generally always leave on the last possible flight of the day from MCO to our home airport (usually around 8pm or a little later -- 9:55 pm next month), so I don't know if the late afternoon is a slower time for ME that makes them more flexible.

Your other option is to take the time to check out shops at the airport when you land instead of when you are departing. ME has your arrival information, but you can take as much time as you want in the airport before you acutally board ME to your resort.

Sure, just call and ask for an earlier pickup time
We have done this our last couple of trips. I ask for 30 minutes earlier because of long lines at MCO's TSA. Did that after one trip when we went with the usual pickup time. By the time we got to MCO, got through TSA, grabbed food at Wendy's(prior trips we ate at Ruby Tuesdays) and a bathroom stop we had 10 minutes before boarding. In your case I'd ask for an hour at least depending if the shops you want to visit are before TSA.

We absolutely should have done that yesterday. 5:15 flight. 2:20 pickup. We were the FIRST pickup. Bay Lake, Contemporary, got to Poly at 2:42 (and the driver told people that he was EARLY for a 2:50 pickup). Then Grand Floridian where 20,000 people boarded. Then he drove what felt like 30 MPH the entire way. Got there at 3:45. If I hadn't had precheck I would have been freaking out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter