DLR EE - Where does a hotel guest show the room key

The room keys these days are completely void of guest names or check in/check out dates. They just have the resort name on them.

I'm guessing you will be required to either show a mobile key screen or the hotel reservation page on the app at some point.
One of the Provost videos said that on Day 2, they were asking you to show the app.

We did early entry on Monday in DL. Hotel guests were funneled to the right at the end of Main Street. Had to show reservation on app, keys not accepted. Our whole family of 4 was listed on the hotel reservation so we didn’t each individually have to show the reservation. The women checking just counted 4 and let us thru.

Used EE into DL yesterday. Everyone enters at the same time no designated entrance. I hope they change that. Then hotel guests enter through the right side by Plazza Inn.

We did DCA today and same thing with no designated entrance for EE and hotel guests enter through the left side by CC. We are staying at GCh and went to get in line to the DCa entrance but it was all the way wrapped past story tellers and in the exit door by the hotel. So we just went out through DTD and in through the main entrance.

Both times I only showed 1 key for three of us. I have gone with bigger groups before when they used to have it and we would all get asked for a key or at least all adults.

My guess and hope is that the process is a lot easier once MagicBands come to DLR. In WDW your hotel reservation is already tied to your magic band, at the checkpoints they would just scan the magic band of one person in your party and it would show them everyone that was eligible for the early entry.

My guess and hope is that the process is a lot easier once MagicBands come to DLR. In WDW your hotel reservation is already tied to your magic band, at the checkpoints they would just scan the magic band of one person in your party and it would show them everyone that was eligible for the early entry.
As much as I don't want this haphazard approach, I also lament the day that magic bands become a thing at DLR. I know we are headed that way, just lament the decrease in spontaneity that will result.

As much as I don't want this haphazard approach, I also lament the day that magic bands become a thing at DLR. I know we are headed that way, just lament the decrease in spontaneity that will result.
I do not understand the comment about a decrease in spontaneity with MagicBands. No snark. I'm just dumb. I like the convenience of MagicBands at WDW.

For me, it is very convenient to lift my wrist to access the parks, attractions, pay for things, etc. than dig into a physical wallet or virtual wallet. Although, I'm not a big fan of being on my smart phone. I like old school enjoyment of walking with my feet, talking with my lips and looking with my own two eyes.

We did EE at DL on Monday and CA on Tuesday. There were no special turnstiles. On Monday you just showed your key by Plaza Inn, but on Tuesday you needed the reservation on the phone showing all the people (or the number of people, they weren't actually checking names) by CC. SM was down on Monday which was a bummer for our family, but on Tuesday we managed to ride WS and GG twice before the non hotel guests got there, which was a win in our book. I would recommend getting to the turnstiles early, because with them letting everyone in at once and not actually opening the gates until 7:30 (or close to it) you can waste your half an hour just standing in line to get in and another line for them to check you are actually hotel guests.

We did EE at DL on Monday and CA on Tuesday. There were no special turnstiles. On Monday you just showed your key by Plaza Inn, but on Tuesday you needed the reservation on the phone showing all the people (or the number of people, they weren't actually checking names) by CC. SM was down on Monday which was a bummer for our family, but on Tuesday we managed to ride WS and GG twice before the non hotel guests got there, which was a win in our book. I would recommend getting to the turnstiles early, because with them letting everyone in at once and not actually opening the gates until 7:30 (or close to it) you can waste your half an hour just standing in line to get in and another line for them to check you are actually hotel guests.

Thank you for this information. I appreciate it. My family planned to RD before the EE announcement. We still plan to arrive at the tapstiles 1 hour or so before park opening hoping that will get us to the front of the queue. It seems a little odd to me that they do not have a gate specific for EE folks to allow them in first ahead of the rest of the RD crowd. I understand that at some point you have to let everyone in but it seems to make more sense to have the smaller EE crowds go through the gates first and get ahead of the rest of the RD folks. I would think it would make it easier for the CMs in the park to catch and release EE folks and then be ready to hold the rest of the RD crowds?

Then again, what the heck do I know. I don't operate theme parks.

Thank you for this information. I appreciate it. My family planned to RD before the EE announcement. We still plan to arrive at the tapstiles 1 hour or so before park opening hoping that will get us to the front of the queue. It seems a little odd to me that they do not have a gate specific for EE folks to allow them in first ahead of the rest of the RD crowd. I understand that at some point you have to let everyone in but it seems to make more sense to have the smaller EE crowds go through the gates first and get ahead of the rest of the RD folks. I would think it would make it easier for the CMs in the park to catch and release EE folks and then be ready to hold the rest of the RD crowds?

Then again, what the heck do I know. I don't operate theme parks.
Exactly this. Easier to screen at the turnstiles via specific lanes and then once EMH has opened let the general public into the rope drop areas.

We still plan to arrive at the tapstiles 1 hour or so before park opening hoping that will get us to the front of the queue. It seems a little odd to me that they do not have a gate specific for EE folks to allow them in first ahead of the rest of the RD crowd.
I think an hour may be more than you need. We got there about 7:10 and didn't have too many people in front of us. But if I did it again I would aim for 7:00, maybe 6:45 (not sure if more people will start coming early as it was the first two days when we were there). I agree they should have a separate turnstile, I was expecting one, and seem to remember one from the before days.

I think an hour may be more than you need. We got there about 7:10 and didn't have too many people in front of us. But if I did it again I would aim for 7:00, maybe 6:45 (not sure if more people will start coming early as it was the first two days when we were there). I agree they should have a separate turnstile, I was expecting one, and seem to remember one from the before days.
The west side of the esplanade for DL and DCA was traditionally reserved for EMH guests. They had rotating signage indicating which turnstiles were for which groups. It worked perfectly.

Let's keep this thread going as others share their experience. Maybe change the title?

So as of right now there isn't a designated entrance so for me if we have 730 entrance I think being there by 645 makes me feel secure..

What's the best route to fantasyland during early entry?

Perhaps they will see the light -- or hire the staff -- in the coming weeks or months to once again offer dedicated EE gates.
3x$17x1 (being gracious even though they are only offering 30 minutes) = $48/day per park. Disney can't afford $100/day for On-site hotel guests at the crazy rack rates?

What's the best route to fantasyland during early entry?
I'm not sure if there was another place where they were checking hotel reservations to head to FantasyLand as we were heading to SM. But I do remember the CMs saying hotel guests to the right, everyone else to the left so I don't think so. We walked to SM, saw it was closed, circled around by MH to Fantasyland did SW and then decided to do PP (just before 7:50) and the line was still only 10 minutes, so it doesn't seem that the PP line is too bad for all of EE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter