DLP Third Gate

JC1984

DisDad #875
Saw this article today. I like rumors so I was wondering anyone’s thoughts as to what you think this park might entail?

“Work Begins on Berm for Potential 3rd Theme Park at Disneyland Paris”

It would be cool to have a version of Epcot. Or maybe Disney sea? Would that make it the 3rd largest resort after wdw and uro? I can't see it involving animals, the climate is too up and down. It would need some pretty unique attractions. I can see the castle park getting some form of wet ride and runaway railway ride (it's needed) plus wds has alot of expansion space. I'd love a park possibly with a Cars land. However an Epcot style park appeals to me the most. You could see the EU jumping on it as a celebration of Europe?

Just curios if anyone knows where the third gate is supposed to be located within the resort?

Just curios if anyone knows where the third gate is supposed to be located within the resort?
If the rumours are true: still within the circular road around the resort, but not really close to the other gates, South East of New Port Bay.

I can't see it involving animals, the climate is too up and down.
We do have zoos on the mainland of Europe, all with outdoor areas for the animals, lions and tigers and bears, and all. Even Alaska has zoos.
The only thing we can rule out due to weather is an outdoor water park.

If the rumours are true: still within the circular road around the resort, but not really close to the other gates, South East of New Port Bay.

We do have zoos on the mainland of Europe, all with outdoor areas for the animals, lions and tigers and bears, and all. Even Alaska has zoos.
The only thing we can rule out due to weather is an outdoor water park.

I just doubht it would be an animal kingdom type as it involves alot of outdoors attractions. DLP doesn't have the weather I think that would mix animals and people.

It would be cool to have a version of Epcot.
I’d love to see something more like the “Westcot” park once proposed for Anaheim, only broken into six different “continents“ - North America, South America, Oceania (which would include Australia, Polynesia, and Antartica), Africa, Asia, and Europe. The attractions could be a mix of real world and based on Disney animated movies.

I’d love to see something more like the “Westcot” park once proposed for Anaheim, only broken into six different “continents“ - North America, South America, Oceania (which would include Australia, Polynesia, and Antartica), Africa, Asia, and Europe.
I doubt that is the direction they want to go. For Disney fans it might be a version of Epcot, but to Europeans it might resemble Europapark in Germany too much. That's not a comparison you want to start with.
If we are looking at what they could copy, I think Disney Sea from Tokyo has the best chances. I know it's loved by many, I never understood the hype. It's pretty, but that's it.

I’d love to see something more like the “Westcot” park once proposed for Anaheim, only broken into six different “continents“ - North America, South America, Oceania (which would include Australia, Polynesia, and Antartica), Africa, Asia, and Europe. The attractions could be a mix of real world and based on Disney animated movies.
Love that idea but is that park not too problematic? - it needs to be 'more Disney according to the people up top. Disney Sea looks amazing but apart from the journey to the centre of the earth for me, it's not got the attractions that have a draw. I would love a radiator springs type of park or we could go down the route of what WDW next park is rumoured to be... Villains... I don't know if this would be a more adult orientated park where its a bit darker, has more thrill?

If they do add a 3rd park (which I really doubt since the studios park is so empty so they need to continue to fix that first) they really should do something new. I would rather they wouldn't copy something from another park or if they do change the type of ride that is in the park.

For example Universal just opened Nintendo World in Japan and they plan to have a Ninetendo World in Orlando but it won't be an exact copy of Japan. That would be better than just doing the same thing across multiple parks.

How about an EPCOT type park but with a World Showcase exclusively dedicated to European countries?

How about an EPCOT type park but with a World Showcase exclusively dedicated to European countries?

That wouldnt work in a a park where the majority of the guests are European and the real things are easily accessible. I would have no interest in going to Disneyland Paris and spending time in a sanitized Disneyfied version of Italy when the real thing is a 2 hour flight away. And why would I spend time in sanitized Disneyfied version of my own country Ireland, when the whole reason is to not be in my country and be in a Disney Park.

The whole reason World Showcase works in Florida is because the majority of guests in that Disney Park are not from those countries and most likely will never have the opportunity to visit the real thing.

That already exists, in Germany, it's called Europapark. :)

That wouldnt work in a a park where the majority of the guests are European and the real things are easily accessible. I would have no interest in going to Disneyland Paris and spending time in a sanitized Disneyfied version of Italy when the real thing is a 2 hour flight away. And why would I spend time in sanitized Disneyfied version of my own country Ireland, when the whole reason is to not be in my country and be in a Disney Park.

The whole reason World Showcase works in Florida is because the majority of guests in that Disney Park are not from those countries and most likely will never have the opportunity to visit the real thing.
I think because Europeans are much more used to travel, in comparison to US, that any kind of World Showcase type park wouldn't really work in Europe.

Last edited:
Love that idea but is that park not too problematic? - it needs to be 'more Disney according to the people up top. Disney Sea looks amazing but apart from the journey to the centre of the earth for me, it's not got the attractions that have a draw. I would love a radiator springs type of park or we could go down the route of what WDW next park is rumoured to be... Villains... I don't know if this would be a more adult orientated park where its a bit darker, has more thrill?
A Dark Kingdom type park might work. Would be able to borrow and maybe honor some European medieval themes and also bring an ORIGINAL park to DLP therefore maybe bringing in more guests. I like what Disney did with Aulani in that it honored the culture of Hawaii. I think Disney could do that with a park at DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter