DLP Refunds

curias

Earning My Ears
I had a DLP trip booked for July 2020 that got cancelled. I never received a refund. But today, over a year later, I got an email about a refund. They want my banking info to deposit the money. Before I do this, I want to somehow verify that they haven't been hacked. The amount of the refund is correct. Did anyone else get a similar email? Is this actually DLP finally giving me my refund? Thanks for any help.

Can you share the email address where you're getting the email from?

You could always call DLP to reconfirm before giving your bank info. What info are they asking for? They should only ask for IBAN number, your full name and maybe your ID number; as far as I know.

Some tips for these kind of emails, asking for bank details: check the email address, and check for grammar mistakes. People who prey on people deliberately make mistakes to filter the vulnerable victims.

I would call. Because DLP is slow, but this slow...

I had a DLP trip booked for July 2020 that got cancelled. I never received a refund. But today, over a year later, I got an email about a refund. They want my banking info to deposit the money. Before I do this, I want to somehow verify that they haven't been hacked. The amount of the refund is correct. Did anyone else get a similar email? Is this actually DLP finally giving me my refund? Thanks for any help.

Did this ever get resolved for you? I'm asking because I received a similar email request from DLP just last week for my June 2020 trip. The amount of the refund was also correct on mine but when I emailed back to ask for clarification, I got a snotty email reply today. I'm trying to ascertain if this is legit or not because I make another international call.

Did this ever get resolved for you? I'm asking because I received a similar email request from DLP just last week for my June 2020 trip. The amount of the refund was also correct on mine but when I emailed back to ask for clarification, I got a snotty email reply today. I'm trying to ascertain if this is legit or not because I make another international call.
Sorry for the delayed response. I did send the info. The links seemed legit. But I never got any money back. I haven't tried calling due to international fees. I am actually going to be there next weekend and into the week, so maybe I will try inquiring while I am there.

Sorry for the delayed response. I did send the info. The links seemed legit. But I never got any money back. I haven't tried calling due to international fees. I am actually going to be there next weekend and into the week, so maybe I will try inquiring while I am there.
No worries. So I got a resolution ... and it's weird. So after I posted back in March, I got another email from them letting me know that they couldn't process the refund without the banking information. I emailed back again and was told that they couldn't refund to my cc because they couldn't keep my cc history "after a certain amount of time". I have a separate savings account that I use for squirreling away small amounts for stuff, so cleared the balance and gave them that account info through the link.

Then I didn't hear anything back. The money never hit my account and I was sure the whole thing was a scam. Until I checked my CC statement. There was the credit back for the deposit amount. o_O

So check your cc for the refund; they might have done it there.

Good luck!

mld

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter