DLP in August

petals

Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
How hot would Paris be in August and how bad would crowds be towards the second last week in August?

On average it's about 25 - 30 degrees Celsius in Summer, which is about 80s-90s (?) in Fahrenheit.
Crowds... the school holidays last till September 1st. So yes, there will be crowds. But with a plan you still should be able to do a lot in a day. There are many variables which influence how much you get done, will you be staying onsite and have access to EMH is the most important one. If it is a one day visit for a once in a lifetime visit, also look into the option to purchase fastpasses.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-crowds-weather-language-wifi-money.3736354/

I am wondering that as well... last 2 weeks in August or first week of September is my range of travel dates... I have no idea about crowds so I just hop on this thread and hope for some more knowledge...
the hotel prices (at least for the values ones) are all over the place...
I just hope for ok crowds... but even if crowds are higher I hope there aren’t that many spontaneous restaurants closures...

I normally go in January so it's a lot quieter. I just thought it might be nice to see it during a different time of year.

The weather will be great, definitely in comparison to January ;-) Waiting for the parade or the fireworks is so much more comfortable when it's not freezing.

So let me add a question here (sorry for hijacking the thread)
Does it matter if you go the last week of August or the second last week( this year)? Does anyone know of there are any differences we could foresee now?

I think going the first or even second week of September isn’t that good of an idea for me because there are already a couple of refurbishments scheduled for the beginning of September... (Indy and that rock’n rollercoaster) and I would like to try those out...

So let me add a question here (sorry for hijacking the thread)
Does it matter if you go the last week of August or the second last week( this year)? Does anyone know of there are any differences we could foresee now?

I think going the first or even second week of September isn’t that good of an idea for me because there are already a couple of refurbishments scheduled for the beginning of September... (Indy and that rock’n rollercoaster) and I would like to try those out...
Last or second last week August wouldn't make much difference. Going first or second week of September will make a lot of difference in crowds. As soon as the schools are back in session in France and rest of Europe you will see the hotels will be cheaper, one day tickets will be cheaper. Only you can judge what will bring you more joy, those two rides, or lower crowds.

We tend to do more shows than rides. We do rides like Small World and those kind of rides. For Florida Momma had a disability pass though which helped wait times. In summer does weekday versus weekend make any difference or is it busy everyday?

Other question is what exactly is open in the studios park besides toy story and ratatouille areas because a lot of it seems to be shut due to renovations? Also when they have the themed stuff like festival of the lion king is it in both parks or just the main park?

We tend to do more shows than rides. We do rides like Small World and those kind of rides. For Florida Momma had a disability pass though which helped wait times. In summer does weekday versus weekend make any difference or is it busy everyday?

I don't think it will make much of a difference. Maybe only more European tourists during the week and locals in the weekend.

Other question is what exactly is open in the studios park besides toy story and ratatouille areas because a lot of it seems to be shut due to renovations? Also when they have the themed stuff like festival of the lion king is it in both parks or just the main park?

Lion King is in Disneyland Park, not in the Studios.

Looking at the list of renovations for August, the following is closed at some point between July and September (not necessarily all 3 months, this can still be updated):
- Cars Quatre rous Rallye
- Art of Animation
- Armageddon
- Disney Jr.

1 and 4 are aimed at young children, 2 is a distraction, and 3 aimed at adults.
As Disney Jr. has already closed, I expect it to be open again in August.

This means that the following rides should be open:
- Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop
- RC Racer
- Slinky Dog
- Tower of Terror
- Crush' Coaster
- Les Tapis Volants
- Ratatouille
- Studio Tram Tour
- Rock 'n Roller Coaster

And in shows:
- Mickey and the Magician
- Moteurs... Action!
- Stitch Live!

I assume there will be characters out as well.

Thanks!
I just booked our hotel and flights... I‘ll go in August!:woohoo::woohoo:
I chose the cheapest hotel (and flight) rate I could find in my timeframe...(that was actually quite stressful... it is way easier if you have no choice because of other travel dates...:rolleyes2)

Thanks!
I just booked our hotel and flights... I‘ll go in August!:woohoo::woohoo:
I chose the cheapest hotel (and flight) rate I could find in my timeframe...(that was actually quite stressful... it is way easier if you have no choice because of other travel dates...:rolleyes2)
I booked as well :D

For future reference themed stuff is always only in one park, but it depend on the theme in which park. Lion King is in the main park, but Marvel is in Studio's. This winter they had two themes going on at the same time, Star Wars in Studio's and Pirates and Princesses in the main park.
I just wondered because when we were there at Christmas there was themed Christmas stuff in both parks so wondered if it would be spread across both parks.

we're going at the end of July.
it was my understanding that disability passes in paris are completely different from florida.

I was trying to find out about them but couldn't find much information.

we're a group of nine, with one disabled person who uses a disability pass at WDW.

I don't know how we're going to handle him at DLP.

So I have questions and I'm just going to stick them all in here so I don't flood the boards with needless threads

Firstly last time I was there in the village arty shop they still did Vinylmation trading doesn't anyone know if they still have this or is it gone gone now?

Secondly if you've no dining plan is Cafe Mickey worth the price? We have Plaza Gardens booked for breakfast and I'm not sure if Cafe Mickey would be all the same characters. I'm of two minds about it because I was going to book it for our first evening as a way to met characters because I figure during the summer queues for characters are going to be ridiculously long but it's sooooooooooo expensive!

So I have questions and I'm just going to stick them all in here so I don't flood the boards with needless threads

Firstly last time I was there in the village arty shop they still did Vinylmation trading doesn't anyone know if they still have this or is it gone gone now?

Secondly if you've no dining plan is Cafe Mickey worth the price? We have Plaza Gardens booked for breakfast and I'm not sure if Cafe Mickey would be all the same characters. I'm of two minds about it because I was going to book it for our first evening as a way to met characters because I figure during the summer queues for characters are going to be ridiculously long but it's sooooooooooo expensive!

Don't know the answers to your questions, as I am not into Vinylmation and I think the character meals are way too expensive :P
But if you want to meet characters, you are staying onsite, right? Then I would dedicate an EMH morning to meeting characters. During EMH they have a bunch of classic characters like Minnie, Goofy/Pluto, Donald and/or Chip & Dale out. If you make sure you are first in the park, you can meet quite a few in that first hour. Then before the hour is over, get over to the Princess Pavillion.

I think Cafe Mickey and Plaza Gardens overlap for most of the characters you can meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!