DLP Avenger Campus Questions

bchurch

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Going to DLP in 2 weeks and have few logistic questions.

1. Any experiences with early entry at Avengers Campus? Are people getting one or both rides done in this time? Any rec on which to do first?
2. We have dining reservations at PYM Kitchen for lunch. If we leave the area to do other rides and the campus hits capacity, will they let us skip the queue and re-enter the area so we can make the reservation? i know this has been done at the US parks for Galaxy's Edge in recent years.
3. Any suggestions on the virtual queue meet and greets? Is it 100% through the app or do you need to scan the QR code i have seen pictures of at the queue entrance?

Any other tips on how to make our time as efficient as possible are appreciated! Thanks.

Here now from the U.S. Studios Park is not currently offering early entry hours. Opening time was 9:30 today and we were in line by 8:30. Most people headed straight for Web Slingers and the wait time climbed immediately. We skipped it and went straight for Flight Force instead. That was probably a mistake. We had no wait for FF. By the time we got off Flight Force, Web was already 90 minutes. Best strategy to do both rides without much wait is to get in line at the gate by 8:15, rush to Web and do it first (unless it's already over 90 mins) and then do Flight Force.

We did FF, ToT (walk on) and Remy (30 mins) by 11:00 a.m.

There was no wait to get into Avengers Campus when we went back around 13:00. Web was 70 mins at that point, so we did single rider. I would not recommend single rider to save time. They said it would be 30 mins and it was an hour. They do not load single rider as efficiently as the U.S. parks. We should have just waited in the regular line and rode together.

We did not do the meet and greet, but I did see the virtual queue in the app. Sorry I can't help with that.

The main tip I have for anyone coming soon is to pack an umbrella for shade and make sure you drink lots of water. There is ZERO shade in many of the lines and it is brutally hot. I almost passed out in the Hyperspace Mountain line yesterday after 30 minutes in the sun. I've been to WDW many times in the Florida humidity and I have never. been as hot as I have been the past two days here. It is much harder to escape the heat here because the A/C is not as cool as in the U.S.. The A/C definitely helps, but it does not provide that refreshing blast of cold air we are used to in N America. It is so unusually hot here and it is obvious that they have not planned for this level of heat at DLP. (I am not faulting them for that, just stating the fact.)

Here now from the U.S. Studios Park is not currently offering early entry hours. Opening time was 9:30 today and we were in line by 8:30. Most people headed straight for Web Slingers and the wait time climbed immediately. We skipped it and went straight for Flight Force instead. That was probably a mistake. We had no wait for FF. By the time we got off Flight Force, Web was already 90 minutes. Best strategy to do both rides without much wait is to get in line at the gate by 8:15, rush to Web and do it first (unless it's already over 90 mins) and then do Flight Force.

We did FF, ToT (walk on) and Remy (30 mins) by 11:00 a.m.

There was no wait to get into Avengers Campus when we went back around 13:00. Web was 70 mins at that point, so we did single rider. I would not recommend single rider to save time. They said it would be 30 mins and it was an hour. They do not load single rider as efficiently as the U.S. parks. We should have just waited in the regular line and rode together.

We did not do the meet and greet, but I did see the virtual queue in the app. Sorry I can't help with that.

The main tip I have for anyone coming soon is to pack an umbrella for shade and make sure you drink lots of water. There is ZERO shade in many of the lines and it is brutally hot. I almost passed out in the Hyperspace Mountain line yesterday after 30 minutes in the sun. I've been to WDW many times in the Florida humidity and I have never. been as hot as I have been the past two days here. It is much harder to escape the heat here because the A/C is not as cool as in the U.S.. The A/C definitely helps, but it does not provide that refreshing blast of cold air we are used to in N America. It is so unusually hot here and it is obvious that they have not planned for this level of heat at DLP. (I am not faulting them for that, just stating the fact.)
My apologies if this is off topic. We are doing our first trip to DLP next year, first staying in Paris for four nights and then planning to stay at a Disney hotel for four nights. We are coming in early September which is typically cooler than August, but with climate change and more extreme highs and lows, I am thinking about staying in Newport or Sequoia Lodge which are more expensive than Santa Fe or Cheyenne just to have central air. I hear lots of complaints about the central air at these hotels and I hear lots of complaints about no central air at the ones that don't have central air. Would your overall opinion be that for us to book a hotel with the central air even thought it doesn't work well vs. one without. This is what I'm thinking, but I'd love to have your take on this.

Last edited:
If you are accustomed to central air and/or hot natured, I would definitely book a hotel with a/c just in case. It is definitely better than no air! That being said, I have read elsewhere that some hotels (in Paris) turn off the a/c when it is not summer. I am not sure if Disney does that or not but I would check to be sure before you spend the extra money.

The Cheyenne has a celling fan and better ac than Sequoia as it is more recently refurbed - the Sequoia does have a pool though. We stayed in the Sequoia lodges at Easter and due to construction we couldn't open the windows - it was hot!

I just returned from Disneyland Paris and we stayed at Sequoia Lodge. The air conditioning was excellent in our room and we were staying during very hot weather. The bed however was very hard and I had a hard time sleeping because of it.

Remember September is when we start cooling down quite quickly. As I write this here in the south of UK, we have had those insane temperatures like Paris (insane for us) but the nights are definitely getting that autumnal nip. (And we have the jet stream whereas they don't as much). French hotels tend to be tiny compared to others but with over 50% of French power stations being offline due to damage/maintenance and a huge deficit in power usage v production and the new air con laws (doors must be closed etc or a €5k fine). I expect Aircon to be switched off at the earliest moment possible.

We were there last week. We went to Spiderman first thing because it was a priority for us. We waited about an hour. It seems to be the longest wait mid-morning to mid-afternoon (I watched the wait times for a couple of weeks). It was so much fun! Throughout the day we saw several characters out and about. The other ride was the worst ride I have ever experienced. I understand the poor reviews now. It’s like Space Mountain and Aerosmith but with all the fun removed. All four of us felt it is terrible for your head and neck. I wish we had done Spider-Man twice.
There was no wait to get into Avengers campus when ever we walked over (Aug 21). Have fun!

Hi,

Going to DLP in 2 weeks and have few logistic questions.

1. Any experiences with early entry at Avengers Campus? Are people getting one or both rides done in this time? Any rec on which to do first?
2. We have dining reservations at PYM Kitchen for lunch. If we leave the area to do other rides and the campus hits capacity, will they let us skip the queue and re-enter the area so we can make the reservation? i know this has been done at the US parks for Galaxy's Edge in recent years.
3. Any suggestions on the virtual queue meet and greets?

Any other tips on how to make our time as efficient as possible are appreciated! Thanks.
Is it 100% through the app or do you need to scan the QR code i have seen pictures of at the queue entrance?
I just saw a video that says to enter the Avenger Campus area, it's necessary to register or reserver previously. Is that still true? I have a hotel + parks package (going in 2 weeks) and didn't find any option about it in the website.

I just saw a video that says to enter the Avenger Campus area, it's necessary to register or reserver previously. Is that still true? I have a hotel + parks package (going in 2 weeks) and didn't find any option about it in the website.
No, that was just for opening week(end). You can now go in without.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter