DLH concierge level questions

noryglory

Freaking out is not allowed!
Woo-hoo! Just finished getting our trip finalized and booked with the TA. We have decided to go Nov 5-9 and can't wait.

We did a lot of reading on these boards about the Disneyland hotel, and its different towers and levels, and decided to book a concierge level room. It's quite a bit more per night, I think when all is said and done it is about $100 more each night (and that's with our fourth night free, spreading it out per night!), but this way we are guaranteed a good view and a high floor, and in the past at other hotels we have really enjoyed having a breakfast option that is easy and convenient as has been described here. I know that we won't eat and drink enough to justify that much $$ in food, but I like the other amenities described (specifically priority check-in) and think it is worth it to try once. If it's good we can do it in the future and if not, we'll know to skip it.

Here's where the rub is. I have only been guaranteed "pool view" and not Downtown Disney view. For those who have stayed concierge level, can you tell me, does that mean I could end up in any of the three towers? Although they have noted on our res that we have requested the DD view which would put us in the Sierra tower for sure, they can't guarantee it.

If I call 4 days out and request the Sierra tower with DD view 1st choice, pool view 2nd choice, should I reasonably expect to get it? We will be checking in on a Saturday which worries me a bit that the selection of rooms will be less than midweek. (Possibly faulty logic, but it would seem most crowded on a Saturday night?!) I would prefer the DD view, but the pool view looks fine to me too, and my real concern is how much we would really be using the lounge if we are not in the same building. That to me seems like a huge waste of $$, because I know for sure we won't be accessing it as much.

And, if we do check in and find that they can only place us in one of the other towers on Saturday night--but we ask to get moved to the Sierra tower on Sunday when surely additional concierge rooms would become available--will they accommodate that request?

Thanks to y'all, all the information I have been reading here on the boards has really, really helped me to understand my options and that is a huge help.

You could still get a high floor without conc. They may put you in one of the other buildings. We just had a two bedroom suite, and go to Dis all the time. We requested Sierra tower and when we got there I debated with the lady for 10 minutes and still didn't get it. They will try to be helpful, but there is by no way a guarantee. I am not a huge fan of conc. at that hotel. They don't even have warm food of any kind, but I suppose it is worth trying once. Have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter