DL today

Maybe Coachella is keeping some of the crowd away? Makes me wish we had visited this weekend!

Everything below a Signature AP is blocked out, and those three-day SoCal passes are blocked out, too.

And Easter is so late that a lot of Spring Breaks were weeks ago...

It just continues to confirm that you can't predict crowds these days...

We arrive tmw, fingers crossed it stays light (I'm guessing though that it will pick up). The 3 day so-cal tickets are blocked and most spring breaks are over, BUT this week the so-cal select passes are good (that's why we'll be there, ha!) .

Here now. Got into DCA around 2:30 and then hopped to DL around 6:30. Crowds were very light today. Really enjoyed just relaxing and taking our time.

I'm expecting bigger crowds tomorrow as I noticed hotel prices were higher for Monday night and some restaurant reservations are full.

It was awesome! At several points attendants at ride entrances were actually drumming up business.

Expecting it to pick up a bit for today and tomorrow but it was a lovely first day, rode all our main things several times and everything else is a bonus now.

Fireworks cancelled was the only sad part.

Deluxe wasn't blocked yesterday.

I know my friends who went were only there in the morning because the kids go back to school today and didn't want to push spring break to the limit on the last day. On the other hand, I got a group text just before 9pm last night with a screenshot of ride waits asking if I wanted to meet at the park at 10pm, and don't forget to bring my popcorn bucket. I think I was being used for my popcorn, I declined.

I seriously stalked the app all day wistfully wishing we'd chosen this weekend to go LOL. I hope next week looks that good but I'm not holding my breath. It'll be our luck that even tho most spring breaks should be done, it'll be packed like crazy

Everything below a Signature AP is blocked out, and those three-day SoCal passes are blocked out, too.

And Easter is so late that a lot of Spring Breaks were weeks ago...

It just continues to confirm that you can't predict crowds these days...

Deluxe passes were not blacked out yesterday (Easter Sunday). We went and had an amazing day! We arrived around 8:30am and nothing had more than a 20 min wait all morning. We rode everything we wanted including Big Thunder twice and ate lunch by 12:30. Lunch was great....Went to Hungry Bear and literally walked up, ordered and got our food within 2 minutes. That was at 11:30. The whole park was a ghost town. I didn't want to leave but my kids were done after 4 hours. The weather was fantastic as well.

Planning to go next Easter as well. We have always avoided it assuming it would be crowded. It was like a Wednesday in January, 2007.

We went yesterday to Storyteller's for Easter Brunch at 10 and then expected to just go to the park for an hour or so until it got really crazy. It never did and I was so sad to have to leave at 3 to start heading home. I wanted to stay! It was so nice. We got on Grizzly River, Haunted Mansion, Pirates with 5 minutes waits. Had a FP for Radiator Springs that took maybe 15 minutes with standby at 1 hour. FP for Indy that took about the same. Did some shopping, had some Starbuck's.

Deluxe passes were not blacked out yesterday (Easter Sunday). We went and had an amazing day! We arrived around 8:30am and nothing had more than a 20 min wait all morning. We rode everything we wanted including Big Thunder twice and ate lunch by 12:30. Lunch was great....Went to Hungry Bear and literally walked up, ordered and got our food within 2 minutes. That was at 11:30. The whole park was a ghost town. I didn't want to leave but my kids were done after 4 hours. The weather was fantastic as well.

Planning to go next Easter as well. We have always avoided it assuming it would be crowded. It was like a Wednesday in January, 2007.
It could be the new pass and demand pricing structure, but when Easter is earlier, it's not usually like this. You used to see a lot of people flowing in after church. And you have more people on spring break. DCA was fairly crowded yesterday compared to DL, my guess is because it was the last day of F&W. It will partly depend on when they do F&W next year, but Easter will be April 1st. If something doesn't change with APs (thinking MaxPass might change the price or make Signatures even more popular), I expect it to me more crowded than a typical Sunday.

Do you know how frustrating it is to read this? Especially after the fiasco that was my last trip to DL. Wall-to-wall people in the middle of no-time. And Easter comes and it's empty.

Do you know how frustrating it is to read this? Especially after the fiasco that was my last trip to DL. Wall-to-wall people in the middle of no-time. And Easter comes and it's empty.
It's truly remarkable how the state of Disneyland can upset you even when you aren't there. I applaud your commitment and dedication to being discontented with the park.

You're right; I was thinking of Saturday for the passes.

We have been on Easter a few times, and it's not routinely empty. It'll be interesting to see what next year is like.

It was amazing! DD and I headed down after a family brunch fully expecting to not be able to do much. We ended up being able to hit all her favorite rides, walk in to carnation cafe for dinner no reservation with no wait, and make it home by early evening. Such a pleasant day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter