DL Space Mountain to Open by 7/17/05

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
From Miceage.com:
Disneyland head honcho Matt Ouimet wants Space Mountain finished and opened to visitors for the big media show on July 17th, 2005. So that is now the drop dead date that Imagineering (WDI) is now working with, and Ouimet has turned on the money spigot to "make it so."

This decision to pour several million more into the budget for the overtime and increased labor to accomplish this earlier opening is in direct response to the uneasiness with which Matt and senior execs now are with the Entertainment-heavy offerings planned for the 50th.

People plan vacations to Disneyland because there are new rides, not because there's a new parade and a reworked fireworks show. Ouimet knows this, but past management never understood that.
Take it for what it's worth, but it would be nice to see it up & running for the "Big Day."

Sarangel

As long as they don't cut corners... it would be so nice for it to open by the 17th. :)

I'm still not holding my breath. I would be happy if it is open but it not there is always next time (Feb 06).

I think the fact that Matt Ouimet has extended the budget shows that there is an EXTREMELY good chance that it will be open for the 17th!!

Between that, the new effects in the Haunted Mansion and of course all the work being done, I'm one seriously happy camper!!! :earboy2: :Pinkbounc

Our trip is the first week of August and my DW and I were a little upset that Space Moutain was not to be reopened till Nov. Now we are even more exctied then before, if that is possible :teeth: (if this news comes to pass that is).

-Matt

Thanks for posting! I had decided that if it was not expected to be open by the end of August, we would probably postpone our trip until the following year. Now I just have a couple more things to work out...and then the reservations! :goodvibes

Thanks for the news. We are going to DL the last of August for two weeks and I know that my Dh will be very excited to hear this. We went in 2003 and he was very upset that Space Mountain was closed. That is one of his favorite rides. Although he didn't like WDW's Space Mountain. We went there last year since he knew that DL Mountain would not be open.

Again thanks for the info.....lets just hope that they really do open July 17 : )

We'll be there the last week of June till 3rd of July. Hopefully, they will have a soft opening before the 17th and we'll get a chance to ride it.

This is our once in a lifetime trip to the coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter