DL hotel now sounds like BW...

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
I just read something that the Paradise Pier hotel in DL got a new pool area, complete with wooden rollercoaster water slide and even a Good Libations pool bar. Interesting. If I wasn't busy I'd try to hunt down some pics...

I'm going in two weeks. I will try to go take some pics and post them for you...I will do my best to remember!!!

:wave:

Beca

Would you beleive...I'm going tomorrow..:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Will check it out and let you know.

This is my 1st trip to DL for the NFFC Disneyana Convention next week.

Thought I would give myself X-tra days to really see ALL of DL!!

Im soooooo excited !!!::yes:: ::yes::

Have fun and please post back with some info if you can! I can't seem to find anything...

This is the lower point hotel for DVC at DL and now it sounds as if they have a better pool now. I guess they are trying to make this hotel have theming like BW?

I stayed at the PP location long before it was a Disney property (think it used to be an Embassy Suites). I can imagine it's the lowest points since it's the least convenient DL hotel to the parks. When we used to stay there in the 80s, we would walk to the DL Hotel and catch the monorail into the park.

It may not have been the most convienient in the 80's, but now that California Adventure is there it overlooks the park. I would think that some rooms would have a great view of the CA theme park. Besides, as close as everything is together at DL(compared to WDW), nothing is that far away!:)

Actually, now the Disneyland Hotel is the least convenient to the parks! From PP you can walk across the street and right through a private gate into the PP section of DCA (right across from the Golden Zephyr ride), from th Grand Californian, you can walk right into the Golden State area of DCA. From the DL Hotel, you have to walk through Downtown Disney to the monorail (past ESPN and Rainforest).

In fact the much cheaper hotels on Harbor are much much closer to the parks than the Disney hotels. We just stayed at del Sol ($77) and the walk was very short, about the distance down Main Street in the MK at WDW, forthose of you more familiar with Florida.

Originally posted by MrShiny
Actually, now the Disneyland Hotel is the least convenient to the parks! From PP you can walk across the street and right through a private gate into the PP section of DCA (right across from the Golden Zephyr ride), from th Grand Californian, you can walk right into the Golden State area of DCA. From the DL Hotel, you have to walk through Downtown Disney to the monorail (past ESPN and Rainforest).

I admit I haven't been since DCA opened, but the monorail used to come directly to the DL Hotel - no walking required - very similar to the GF Monorail station at WDW. If we go, it will be the Grand Californian all the way!

Originally posted by poohj80
I stayed at the PP location long before it was a Disney property (think it used to be an Embassy Suites).
Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel used to be the Disneyland Pacific Hotel. Before that, it was the Pan Pacific Hotel. It was never an Embassy Suites property.
Originally posted by poohj80
I admit I haven't been since DCA opened, but the monorail used to come directly to the DL Hotel - no walking required - very similar to the GF Monorail station at WDW. If we go, it will be the Grand Californian all the way!
The new monorail station at the Disneyland Hotel is in the exact same location as the old monorail station -- but the Disneyland Hotel shrunk when the Disneyland Resort was expanded. The garden rooms, shops, and restaurants that were by the station are now gone. Even though the distance from the main towers to the monorail station is same, the station now feels further away.

Also, the Disneyland Monorail fleet has had a lot of problems, so it can be a long wait between trains.

It's a pleasant walk through Downtown Disney from any of the three hotels to the main gate of the original Disneyland Park.

The Grand Californian looks great. I've only walked through the lobby, but I would gladly stay there. And it's 100% non-smoking, including all guest rooms, restaurants, bars, and public areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter