DL & DCA FastPass Machine locations post?

ngl

DIS Veteran
Someone mentioned there is a post that lists where all the FP machines are but I cannot seem to find it. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

First DL trip in 2 weeks w family. WDW veterans (live in FL) but still trying to decipher exactly what FP should we get first at DL and DCA. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Someone mentioned there is a post that lists where all the FP machines are but I cannot seem to find it. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

First DL trip in 2 weeks w family. WDW veterans (live in FL) but still trying to decipher exactly what FP should we get first at DL and DCA. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Not sure about the post, but for FPs, I'd rotate between Space Mountain (especially since it's reverting back from Hyperspace Mountain to the regular one soon, so people want to get last rides in), Matterhorn (mainly because it's new) and Indiana Jones (depending on how many days you're there). Those three are the ones going the fastest.

For DCA, definitely RSR, with Toy Story Midway Mania and Soarin' coming in second. If you're there once GotG:MB is open, make that your first one instead for sure.

More data please :wizard: Data such as:
  • How many days will you get at DL?
  • What time of day do you plan on getting to the parks each day?
  • Which FP attractions are the "must do's" for your family?
FP @ DCA:
  • RSR FP still run out each day. I heard that they run out early afternoon on an average day.
  • Toy Story just got FPs. Standby waits are now 60 min at Toy Story as a result. Before FP, it was ~ 30 min most of the time (45 min if it was a super duper busy day). Toy Story FP just came online a couple of weeks ago, I think, so these might be running out, too. Use the Disneyland app to check the FP return times.
  • Guardians of the Galaxy opens on Memorial Day weekend (in 2 wks). I expect that FP for this will most definitely run out each day on opening weekend.
  • Soarin' Around the World - also still pretty popular since they switched it from Soarin' Over California. But FP rarely run out for this.
For my family (your mileage may vary), at DCA, our order of preference for FPs would be:
1. RSR
2. Toy Story
3. Soarin'
4. GOTG - but only 1 time to satisfy our YDD's desire to try this ride out.
5. GRR (Grizzly River Run) - helpful hint to remember - there are lockers right next to the GRR entrance. You have to put in a $$ deposit to use them, but you get that money back if you return with in 2 hr to get your stuff out of the locker and turn in the key.

** Important to keep in mind:
The FP system at DCA & DL are now "linked" or "connected." Just about a month ago, this was not the case. So now if you grab a FP for RSR at 8:00 am, you can't get a FP for another attraction at DCA or DL until 2 hours after that OR until the FP return window starts (whichever comes first).

FP @ DL:
Space Mtn is returning back to its original form (aka not Hyperspace Mtn) at the end of May. So if you're at DL when it's still Hyperspace Mtn and you definitely want to go on it as Hyperspace Mtn, then get a FP for this in the morning.

If it was me, I'd:
- get FP for Space Mountain, Star Tours, or Indiana Jones as soon as I get there.
- when FP return window starts for FP #1, send a runner to get FP for FP #2. THEN go on the ride for FP #1.
- lather, rinse, repeat.
- After you have FP for Space Mtn, Star Tours, IJ, then I'd do FP for Splash Mtn & BTMRR. If when you're there, they have FP operating for Haunted Mansion, take advantage of that.

I too would love to see an actual list of all fast pass machines and their locations

I've used them here and there but this next trip for me will be all about fast passes

• My basic rule of thumb is go to the entrance and look around. They are usually right there. Is this a problem in WDW?

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    big-thunder-mountain-railroad-00.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Beside the entrance

• Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    buzz-lightyear-astro-blasters-00.jpg

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    Between entrance and exit.

• California Screamin'
    california-screamin-00.jpg

California Screamin'
    Beside entrance

• Goofy's Sky School
    goofys-sky-school-00.jpg

Goofy's Sky School
    Beside entrance

• Grizzly River Run
    grizzly-river-run-00.jpg

Grizzly River Run
    By entrance

• Haunted Mansion
    haunted-mansion-fog-00.jpg

Haunted Mansion
    Between railroad exit and HM

• Hyperspace Mountain
    hyperspace-mountain-02.jpg

Hyperspace Mountain
    Beside entrance

• Matterhorn Bobsleds
    matterhorn-bobsleds-00.jpg

Matterhorn Bobsleds
    Across from entrance

• Radiator Springs Racers
    radiator-springs-racers-00.jpg

Radiator Springs Racers
    by bugs land

• Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
    roger-rabbits-car-toon-spin-00.jpg

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
    To the left of entrance

• Soarin' Around the World
    soarin-over-the-world-00.jpg

Soarin' Around the World
    To the left of entrance about 100 feet

• Splash Mountain
    splash-mountain-00.jpg

Splash Mountain
    On the left before you get to entrance by the shop.

• Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
    star-tours-06.jpg

Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
    Across from entrance, shares with Buzz

• Toy Story Midway Mania!
    toy-story-mania-00.jpg

Toy Story Midway Mania!
    Across from entrance
Closed for Refurbishment
  • Indiana Jones™ Adventure
    indiana-jones-adventure-00.jpg

Indiana Jones™ Adventure
    To the left of entrance the shack
Schedule Unavailable
  • Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
    mission-breakout-compound-orange-16x9.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
    Across from entrance

FP @ DCA:
  • RSR FP still run out each day. I heard that they run out early afternoon on an average day.
  • Toy Story just got FPs. Standby waits are now 60 min at Toy Story as a result. Before FP, it was ~ 30 min most of the time (45 min if it was a super duper busy day). Toy Story FP just came online a couple of weeks ago, I think, so these might be running out, too. Use the Disneyland app to check the FP return times.
  • Guardians of the Galaxy opens on Memorial Day weekend (in 2 wks). I expect that FP for this will most definitely run out each day on opening weekend.
  • Soarin' Around the World - also still pretty popular since they switched it from Soarin' Over California. But FP rarely run out for this.
For my family (your mileage may vary), at DCA, our order of preference for FPs would be:
1. RSR
2. Toy Story
3. Soarin'
5. GRR (Grizzly River Run) - helpful hint to remember - there are lockers right next to the GRR entrance. You have to put in a $$ deposit to use them, but you get that money back if you return with in 2 hr to get your stuff out of the locker and turn in the key.

I was going to create a post about this but you answered my question. I tried entering our interested attractions for DCA in Touring Plans (for entry in morning), but was surprised with the output. I listed Soarin, Mater, Radiator Springs (put it twice thinking once would be stand by and the other by FP), Toy Story, Luigi and Little Mermaid. Touring Plans assigned the FP to Toy Story instead of RSR. Never been to Disney but seemed a bit off...and it didn't even start the plan with Radiator Springs as the first ride. (From your list, we're only interested in 1, 2 and 3).

P.S. - Malcon10t, that is really helpful!

Thanks for the list! Question - what are Matterhorn Bobsleds and California Screamin' like? We have a 8 yr old and 6 yr old. We regularly ride Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and Everest (AK) at WDW.

The location of fast past kiosks isn't an issue at WDW because they don't exist! They got rid of that legacy system years ago. You book all Fast Passes via app and can change them etc. It's great. Sounds like DL will have that eventually. it's wonderful compared to the old system of pulling tickets!
  • My basic rule of thumb is go to the entrance and look around. They are usually right there. Is this a problem in WDW?

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    big-thunder-mountain-railroad-00.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Beside the entrance

• Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    buzz-lightyear-astro-blasters-00.jpg

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    Between entrance and exit.

• California Screamin'
    california-screamin-00.jpg

California Screamin'
    Beside entrance

• Goofy's Sky School
    goofys-sky-school-00.jpg

Goofy's Sky School
    Beside entrance

• Grizzly River Run
    grizzly-river-run-00.jpg

Grizzly River Run
    By entrance

• Haunted Mansion
    haunted-mansion-fog-00.jpg

Haunted Mansion
    Between railroad exit and HM

• Hyperspace Mountain
    hyperspace-mountain-02.jpg

Hyperspace Mountain
    Beside entrance

• Matterhorn Bobsleds
    matterhorn-bobsleds-00.jpg

Matterhorn Bobsleds
    Across from entrance

• Radiator Springs Racers
    radiator-springs-racers-00.jpg

Radiator Springs Racers
    by bugs land

• Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
    roger-rabbits-car-toon-spin-00.jpg

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
    To the left of entrance

• Soarin' Around the World
    soarin-over-the-world-00.jpg

Soarin' Around the World
    To the left of entrance about 100 feet

• Splash Mountain
    splash-mountain-00.jpg

Splash Mountain
    On the left before you get to entrance by the shop.

• Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
    star-tours-06.jpg

Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
    Across from entrance, shares with Buzz

• Toy Story Midway Mania!
    toy-story-mania-00.jpg

Toy Story Midway Mania!
    Across from entrance
Closed for Refurbishment
  • Indiana Jones™ Adventure
    indiana-jones-adventure-00.jpg

Indiana Jones™ Adventure
    To the left of entrance the shack
Schedule Unavailable
  • Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
    mission-breakout-compound-orange-16x9.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
    Across from entrance

I just typed something but it disappeared! Anyway, family of 4 - 2 adults, 8 yr old and 6 yr old. Will have 3 day park hopper. Staying at Grand Californian. Can get to the parks any recommended time.

We go to WDW at least once a quarter for a multi day stay (live 1 hr away) so Toy Story, Star Tours, and Soarin we ride often. RSR is a must. What is GOG supposed to be like?

We ride Big Thunder, Splash Mtn and Everest (AK) but kids aren't fans of Space Mountain. How do the bobsleds and CA Screamin' compare?

More data please :wizard: Data such as:
  • How many days will you get at DL?
  • What time of day do you plan on getting to the parks each day?
  • Which FP attractions are the "must do's" for your family?
FP @ DCA:
1. RSR
2. Toy Story
3. Soarin'

** Important to keep in mind:
The FP system at DCA & DL are now "linked" or "connected." Just about a month ago, this was not the case. So now if you grab a FP for RSR at 8:00 am, you can't get a FP for another attraction at DCA or DL until 2 hours after that OR until the FP return window starts (whichever comes first).

FP @ DL:
Space Mtn is returning back to its original form (aka not Hyperspace Mtn) at the end of May. So if you're at DL when it's still Hyperspace Mtn and you definitely want to go on it as Hyperspace Mtn, then get a FP for this in the morning.

If it was me, I'd:
- get FP for Space Mountain, Star Tours, or Indiana Jones as soon as I get there.
- when FP return window starts for FP #1, send a runner to get FP for FP #2. THEN go on the ride for FP #1.
- lather, rinse, repeat.
- After you have FP for Space Mtn, Star Tours, IJ, then I'd do FP for Splash Mtn & BTMRR. If when you're there, they have FP operating for Haunted Mansion, take advantage of that.

Question - what are Matterhorn Bobsleds and California Screamin' like? We have a 8 yr old and 6 yr old. We regularly ride Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and Everest (AK) at WDW.
Matterhorn is one of my favorite rides. Yes, it is jerky and people with back/neck problems won't like it, but it's a great old time thrill ride. They added a scary Yeti. He actually is scary. Based on the rides that you mentioned that you normally ride, I think you will enjoy it. Just remember that it is a very old ride and the tracks are not as smooth as the rides made in the 30 years.

I only rode California Screamin' once and that is because when it goes upside down, it felt like my brain was smashing the top of my skull and I had a headache afterward. I don't think I've ever met anyone else who had that issue. I was watching the ride recently and it looks so fun, but I won't risk having a bad headache at the parks.

Guardians of Galaxy is supposed to have the same generally elevator thing that Tower of Terror had. There are 6 different versions of the ride, but I imagine the differences are basically the music (it has 6 different songs from the original movie) and the storyline. The ride itself is probably the same. Since it hasn't opened, yet, I can't say for sure.

I too would love to see an actual list of all fast pass machines and their locations

I've used them here and there but this next trip for me will be all about fast passes

If you're looking for an actual map of the FP locations, if you go on the DL app, scroll to the right to Guest Services and there is a drop down for Disney FASTPASS Service. It shows on the map where you can find all of the FP ticket pick up areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter