DL Before or After the 4th?

GoofTroop4Life

Mouseketeer
I’m pretty new to the boards and am finally jumping in with my first post. My family and I are recent Disney converts. We took our first trip to WDW last summer thinking it would be one and done...little did we know we’d get hooked! We are actually visiting family in LA this summer and decided to give Disneyland a try. When looking into hotels, I have noticed many have a huge price difference between the last week of June and the first few days of July. I’m curious to find out if there’s something going on at the end of June that I should be aware of.

Also, our dates are somewhat flexible, so we can go June 29 - July 2 or July 5 - July 7. We are trying to avoid the 4th all together, although I’m not sure if it will make much difference. Any thoughts on which days would have more tolerable crowds?

I’m pretty new to the boards and am finally jumping in with my first post. My family and I are recent Disney converts. We took our first trip to WDW last summer thinking it would be one and done...little did we know we’d get hooked! We are visiting family in LA this summer and decided to give Disneyland a try. When looking into hotels, I have noticed many have a huge price difference between the end of June and the first few days of July. I’m curious to find out if there’s something going on at the end of June that I should be aware of.

Also, our dates are somewhat flexible, so we can go June 29 - July 2 or July 5 - July 7. We are trying to avoid the day of 4th all together, although I’m not sure if it will make much difference. Any thoughts on which days would have more tolerable crowds?

I’d go before. The 4th itself actually hasn’t been terrible lately (I wasn’t there in 2019, though), but before is almost always better than after.

I would also go before. The 4th itself hasn't been that bad. It's mostly crowded for the firework show.This past year was a little strange because we had an earthquake. Rides were only down temporarily, but I remember hearing others not wanting to get back on them in fear of being stranded.

Thanks so much for the help! I was leaning towards before but wanted to hear from people who are familiar with DL. Any ideas on why the rates the last few days of June are so much higher at some hotels? I think we might have to just bite the bullet, but I didn’t know if there was a reason that might impact our trip.

The 4th itself hasn't been bad for the last few years, but note that this year it falls on a Saturday. That will make a big difference in crowds. The last time the 4th fell on a weekend, the crowds were very busy! Sometimes DL will show the special 4th fireworks on more than one night to break up the crowds. This hasn't happened in a few years (hasn't been a need), but I'm wondering if they'll do it this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!