DL Annual Pass (Newb Question)

Gemfyre

Dreaming of our next trip Home (Disneyland)
Hewwo!

DH and I are planning on leaving for Disneyland on Tuesday, I think we've decided to get a regular Annual Pass (Non southern CA) We plan on coming back a few times in the next 12 months.

So, onto a silly question.

Im assuming No Early Morning Hours for the 315 Day-Annual Pass? I havent seen anything about it. Can a CM get back to me? Or anyone who has a NON-Southern CA Annual Pass?

I think that is why some people buy a hopper first and then upgrade it so they get at least one EE.

Are you staying at a DLR hotel? If you are then you get EE everyday they have it while staying on property.

How does upgrading work?

Sorry for the dumb questions, usually I just buy a ticket and walk in lol.

I haven't actually done it but have been planning this trip for months and reading everything I can!

This is what I have seen posted: Find out what days EE (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat) while you are at DLR. Then you should use your EE as soon as possible because you get perks with the Annual Pass (% off shopping and dining). Before your park hoppers expire you need to pay the difference in price to upgrade them (I believe you do this at the ticket booth)

Thanks so much for your help!

Really appreciate it

Glad I could help. Wish I had a chance of going back again within the year so I could upgrade to an AP!

I haven't actually done it but have been planning this trip for months and reading everything I can!

This is what I have seen posted: Find out what days EE (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat) while you are at DLR. Then you should use your EE as soon as possible because you get perks with the Annual Pass (% off shopping and dining). Before your park hoppers expire you need to pay the difference in price to upgrade them (I believe you do this at the ticket booth)

The upgrade to AP's are done at the Bank on Main Street. :)

In order to get the early entry, you can purchase a 3 day park hopper and then after you use your early entry, you go to the Annual passport office and trade them in. They will credit what you paid for the tickets and put that towards the annual pass. That way you still get your early entry and don't lose any $$. I hope that helps.

My original plan for next month's trip was to buy the 6 day park hopper and then upgrade to an AP since we were staying offsite. But now that we are staying at PPH we get the EE days for all they days that we're able to.
But I read on these boards and others that if you print the AP as an eticket at home then it comes with a 10% off $50 purchase/20% off $100 purchase coupon. Being the thrifty girl that I am I couldn't pass up the coupon, so I am now an AP holder..yay!
Well, I was going to buy the AP at the front desk when we checked in.
Another little tidbit I learned when I called DLR, is that you can get the AP rate for the hotels even if you don't have an AP when you book it. I told the CM that I planned on upgrading when I got there and he told me just buy the AP at check-in and they would honor the price. I have my confirmation in hand just in case!

My original plan for next month's trip was to buy the 6 day park hopper and then upgrade to an AP since we were staying offsite. But now that we are staying at PPH we get the EE days for all they days that we're able to.
But I read on these boards and others that if you print the AP as an eticket at home then it comes with a 10% off $50 purchase/20% off $100 purchase coupon. Being the thrifty girl that I am I couldn't pass up the coupon, so I am now an AP holder..yay!
Well, I was going to buy the AP at the front desk when we checked in.
Another little tidbit I learned when I called DLR, is that you can get the AP rate for the hotels even if you don't have an AP when you book it. I told the CM that I planned on upgrading when I got there and he told me just buy the AP at check-in and they would honor the price. I have my confirmation in hand just in case!

I did the same thing, booked the AP rate at PP without actually having the AP, planning to get it once we got there, which the CM making the reservation confirmed was fine to do. However, that sounds like a pretty good deal, getting those coupons by ordering the AP from home, as long as the AP isn't activated at time of purchase. I wouldn't want my year to start until I actually use the AP at the parks. Is that how it works?

<<I wouldn't want my year to start until I actually use the AP at the parks. Is that how it works?>>

That's what I was worried about too.
The clock starts ticking when they scan the AP at the park.
I really just wanted to have my AP in hand..makes the trip more real.
We leave in 31 days!! Yay!
I can start packing in 25 days!

yes, I clicked on the Annual Pass icon on the DL website, then they have a link where you can purchase your AP.

They send you a seperate email a few minutes later with the link to print your ticket. A full page with a barcode prints,on the second page is the coupon.

I was going to buy an AP for my husband and 2 kids so I'll do 3 seperate transactions to get 3 more coupons.

Will I spend $400 in merchandise? Probably. I'll spend about $100 on scrapbooking supplies alone. and another $100 at Build a Bear.

can you still get the coupon if your a dvc member and want the dvc discount on buying the ap?

(that could come in handy) and did you see when the coupon expires. or when they stop giving the coupon.

EE is only for those with specified park hoppers or DLR hotel guests... GC, DLH, or PP. If you have an AP, the only way to get EE is to stay onsite

yes, I clicked on the Annual Pass icon on the DL website, then they have a link where you can purchase your AP.

They send you a seperate email a few minutes later with the link to print your ticket. A full page with a barcode prints,on the second page is the coupon.

I was going to buy an AP for my husband and 2 kids so I'll do 3 seperate transactions to get 3 more coupons.

Will I spend $400 in merchandise? Probably. I'll spend about $100 on scrapbooking supplies alone. and another $100 at Build a Bear.

What a great idea! Thanks for the info! I love the DIS!

What is the difference between the annual pass and the deluxe pass besides the blackout dates? Is there still food and merchandise discounts with the cheaper pass?

The premium AP gets 15% off dining and deluxe gets only 10%.
Premium received 10% off merchandise and Deluxe does not.
Altho, I can get 10% off at many locations with my Disney Visa.
Premium gets free parking too.

My AP will almost pay for itself with the discounts on tours this year.

The coupon can be used at most stores and pin carts with some exclusions:
Disney Vault 28, Midway Games, Fairytale Arts, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette artists, Portrait artists, Parasol cart, three fairies magic crystals, heraldry shop, crystal shops, and face painting.

I'll probably use it at World of Disney or the Emporium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter