Dizzy World here we come!! March 2010 PTR with pictures!

I have to admit one of the things I’m really, really, really looking forward to on our next trip is the Pin Trading. ((for my DD))

My DH and I never understood the obsession with it and never had the desire to do it until our Disney trip last year. Before we left for Disney I had bought my DD a lanyard and a bunch of pins on Ebay, and sooooo glad I did. She was only 2 ½ and had sooooo much fun with it, so I know she’s going to enjoy it even more when we go to Disney World and she’ll be almost 4.

I think I’m going to start looking and buying pins soon!! :banana::banana:

PICTURES FROM REYAS FIRST PIN TRADING EXPERIENCE

August2008026-3.jpg

dadspictures110.jpg

dadspictures142.jpg

Cutest pictures!!! My DD17 pin traded when she was 8, 10 and 12 and then she didn't want to do it anymore. I was a little heartbroken as I love those pins. One Christmas I decided instead of these 3 lanyards hanging in her closest with all these gorgeous pins, I was going to take them to Michael's and have shadow boxes made....they are gorgeous, and now they hang on her bedroom wall. I still miss pin trading and try and convince her that she's not too old...I think the August heat the last few trips has been the culprit though;)

Well I'm going to make all my ADR'S today. I'm so thrilled that you can do it online! :woohoo: Until then, here's some pictures of past Disney Trips to share with you! ;)

CIMG2187.jpg

Picture1860.jpg

Picture1842.jpg

Picture11022.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

CIMG2301.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

I don't know if I'm too late to get my vote in BUT: I would not chose Crystal Palace cause you were just there, right? I want to eat at Ohana but have not heard fabulous things about the character interaction there unless you're really into Stitch. Tusker House might be good due to the fact taht it's new so that's my vote! :D

Glad to be here!

I have narrowed down my CHARACTER BREAKFAST selections down to the following:

**Ohanas

**Chef Mickey’s

**Donald’s Safari at Tusker House

**Crystal Palace

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated ...

I followed your link to the new PTR...I'm here too!! :goodvibes

If I'm not too late to cast my vote, I would go for Crystal Palace or 'Ohanas. Chef Mickey's we tried for the first time in Sept for dinner, but it was a madhouse. I'd imagine it would be similar madness at breakfast. Tusker House had really great food, but it is also a bit crowded and rushed.

'Ohanas had really good food and since it was family style you didn't have to worry about going up to the buffet and missing the characters. Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Donald were great with my DS-3.

Crystal Palace is one of my favorites for B,L or D, but especially breakfast. Pooh and the gang are always great and this restaurant is smaller and not as crazy as Tusker House and Chef Mickey's.

Well that's my 2 cents on the CB. Hope it helps! ;)

On the gift bags, really cute idea. I like to give my son little treats too, so I brought several small gifts from the Disney Store, Target (Dollar Section is great for Disney stuff). I would give him one or two little things each day so he had a little surprise each night or morning. Maybe a few smaller things would cut down on the extra packing?!? :laughing:

Looks like we're going the same day, although we'll arrive late afternoon/evening on March 4th as we're driving up after work. Unfortunately, we're only staying through Sunday, just a quick trip to do the Royal Family 5K with my DSis and DMom with DS, DH and DDad as our cheerleaders :)

Looking forward to more planning updates popcorn::

ADR'S are all set. I didn't choose to many because we figure we'll prepare a LOT of meals at the condo and have dinner's at restaurants outside of the parks. ((So much cheaper going to Chili's or McDonalds))

* March 5th: 50's Prime Time Cafe 12:55pm
* March 6th: CRT Breakfast 8:20am
* March 7th: Planet hollywood 7:00pm
* March 8th: Rainforest Cafe' 1:15pm ((at Animal Kingdom))
* March 12th: Crystal Palace breakfast 8:25am

Might make more ADR'S if something strikes my fancy later on.

I also really wanted to make reservations for TREX cafe' but couldn't find ANY openings during our stay? Is it really that popular or do they not take ADR's?

Signing up!
You have a beautiful family and I loved the idea of the gift bags. Might use this one in our next trip. :thumbsup2

Q

It looks like you are all going to have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear all about it.

On my recent Dec. trip we did 2 character breakfasts, Akerhaus and Chef Mickeys. We were just 2 adults, but we had a great chance to watch the characters interacting with all the kids around us. The princesses were wonderful at Akerhaus. Lots of interaction, and they really seemed to take the time and interact with each child. Chef Mickey's was much more rushed. The room seemed much too big for the characters roaming around. I'd guess some people might have missed a few of the characters, and they didn't really have alot of time to take at each table.

I hope your DD is more at ease with them this trip. At least now she'll know what to expect. I'm sure she's going to love the Princesses at least!

Well, my sweet baby boy is keeping me VERY, VERY busy and I've lost all track of time........ As of today we have 30 days until we leave on vacation!!

So now I really have to get on the ball! Tomorrow I'm planning on getting some vacation shopping done and maybe do a little packing. ((Yes, I'm the crazy person that packs 1 month in advance))

jayden002.jpg

WOW!! I can't believe that we leave in 14 days!!!! I have one bag completely packed up already and was able to get our rental cars at a cheaper price yesterday. We're saving an extra $100.00 per car, so now I don't feel so bad about the cost of checking our luggage.

I am STRESSING out big time though, because my husband received some REALLY bad news yesterday. He works in the financial industry and almost 1/2 of his co-workers were laid off and he was told that if he wanted to keep his job he needed to take a 25% yearly paycut.. We're going to need to budget our trip BIG time now and still try to have a good time. Everything is already paid for, so of course we can't cancel our trip. I'm trying really hard not to freak out to badly yet until we get back from our vacation. I'm hoping that Disney works it's magic on me and I won't think of all our troubles while we're there.

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up on this PTR like I had hoped, but I PROMISE to take a million pictures and to do a fabulous TR when I get back.

My little boy just turned two months old and is keeping me busy, busy, busy!!!

jayden026-1.jpg

WOW!! I can't believe that we leave in 14 days!!!! I have one bag completely packed up already and was able to get our rental cars at a cheaper price yesterday. We're saving an extra $100.00 per car, so now I don't feel so bad about the cost of checking our luggage.

I am STRESSING out big time though, because my husband received some REALLY bad news yesterday. He works in the financial industry and almost 1/2 of his co-workers were laid off and he was told that if he wanted to keep his job he needed to take a 25% yearly paycut.. We're going to need to budget our trip BIG time now and still try to have a good time. Everything is already paid for, so of course we can't cancel our trip. I'm trying really hard not to freak out to badly yet until we get back from our vacation. I'm hoping that Disney works it's magic on me and I won't think of all our troubles while we're there.

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up on this PTR like I had hoped, but I PROMISE to take a million pictures and to do a fabulous TR when I get back.

My little boy just turned two months old and is keeping me busy, busy, busy!!!

jayden026-1.jpg

Your son is adorable!! :) Enjoy him and your trip! Well, if you leave in 14 days, that means I leave in 14 days too! :woohoo:

Sorry about your DH bad news, I hope everything works out for you and your family. :hug:

Can't wait for all of your pictures and your fabulous TR popcorn::

Maybe we'll see you at the world, I'll be wearing my LGMH :cool1:

Your son is adorable!! :) Enjoy him and your trip! Well, if you leave in 14 days, that means I leave in 14 days too! :woohoo:

Sorry about your DH bad news, I hope everything works out for you and your family. :hug:

Can't wait for all of your pictures and your fabulous TR popcorn::

Maybe we'll see you at the world, I'll be wearing my LGMH :cool1:

Thanks.... I plan on enjoying every second!! Once I see Cinderellas Castle I'm going to leave all my problems behind for 10 days. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

How long are you going to be there? Where are you staying?

Hope you have a wonderful time as well!!! ((Of course you will)) :yay:

Thanks.... I plan on enjoying every second!! Once I see Cinderellas Castle I'm going to leave all my problems behind for 10 days. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

How long are you going to be there? Where are you staying?

Hope you have a wonderful time as well!!! ((Of course you will)) :yay:

Good to hear you will enjoy and leave the worries behind! Nice, 10 days! Seeing the castle always keeps me in my happy place, heck, seeing a Disney bus gets me to my happy place when I'm in my happy place, WDW! :lmao:

We have a short trip this time, just a long weekend basically (perk and downfall of living within 4 hours drive, usually only short trips?!? :confused3).

We arrive Thursday 3/4 evening and leave on Sunday 3/7. My DMom, DSis and I are doing the 5K on Saturday and doing a bit of park touring with DH, DS, and DDad on Friday and Saturday. Looks like we'll be at EP on Friday 3/5 and MK on Saturday 3/6. DSis is flying in from Seattle so we have to pack in all the "aunty" time we can for DS in just 2 days :scared1: but it's all good, we'll be in DISNEY!!! :banana:

Oh, almost forgot, we're staying at the ASMu.

Have a fabulous trip!! :thumbsup2

Good to hear you will enjoy and leave the worries behind! Nice, 10 days! Seeing the castle always keeps me in my happy place, heck, seeing a Disney bus gets me to my happy place when I'm in my happy place, WDW! :lmao:

We have a short trip this time, just a long weekend basically (perk and downfall of living within 4 hours drive, usually only short trips?!? :confused3).

We arrive Thursday 3/4 evening and leave on Sunday 3/7. My DMom, DSis and I are doing the 5K on Saturday and doing a bit of park touring with DH, DS, and DDad on Friday and Saturday. Looks like we'll be at EP on Friday 3/5 and MK on Saturday 3/6. DSis is flying in from Seattle so we have to pack in all the "aunty" time we can for DS in just 2 days :scared1: but it's all good, we'll be in DISNEY!!! :banana:

Oh, almost forgot, we're staying at the ASMu.

Have a fabulous trip!! :thumbsup2

We'll be at MK on saturday as well. :) We have reservations at CRT that morning, I'm SOOOO excited. Maybe we'll see ya. I'll be the one with the cutest baby in world there. LOL!!! Every mom thinks their baby is the cutest, huh!? ;)

Wow, 14 days....I am so excited for you!! No matter what awaits you when you get home, enjoy your time, you've worked hard up until now for this trip...adjustments can be made when you get home.

BTW....yup, your baby is ADORABLE

Hey Deanna! All your plans sound great! We did breakfast at CP last trip and loved it, best service we had all week and the French toast puffs are so yummy!

I can't believe how much Reya has grown since I last saw pics of her - she's not bald anymore! And your new baby boy is adorable :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about the news with your DHs job, hopefully it will just be temporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter