Distilled water for CPAP

skohrs

Mouseketeer Dad
Does DCL have distilled water available for use in a CPAP, or do I need to bring a gallon bottle with me?

I use cpap too and I am going to use drinking water on the ship...the ship has a MEGA water filtering system! I am gonna take a empty water bottle filled with the drinking water from deck 9 back with me at night!

If you fill out the medical form and fax it in, DCL will have a gallon waiting in your room. However, as cakesnjammom mentioned, you can just use the tap water on the ship.

Oh, I should also mention, be sure to bring a long extension cord with you to plug in your Cpap. The closest plug is NOT near the bed.

Oh, I should also mention, be sure to bring a long extension cord with you to plug in your Cpap. The closest plug is NOT near the bed.

Thanks. I already have the long extension cord with my "items to be packed".

The ship's water is distilled and then filtered. However, as above, if you complete the medical form, the distilled water in a jug will be in your stateroom when you arrive.

You don't have to fill out the medical form for distilled water.

All you have to do is go to guest services & request it... they hand it to you right then & then. As well as the extension cord but that's a bummer to have to return... so my dad just keeps a cord in his bag so he always has one. :thumbsup2

I think that I just asked our room steward for distilled water...before we went to bed...it was in our room.

I also use a C-Pap machine. I don't know about the ship's water, but I personally feel better just filling out the medical form (does not need a dr sig. for this), and having them deliver the distilled water to our cabin.
We have always gotten the extension cord from customer service, but I think we will bring our own from now on. We had to leave a $50 deposit for it, and it was a pain to remember to take it back the last day with evverything else we were trying to do. Plus, if you have small kids, you might want to bring something to tape the cord to the floor-from what I can remember, it just stretched across the floor over to the desk, because that is where the outlet was.......Vicki

Dear Disboard Folks,

I am a Respiratory Therapist and I work in the homecare area. When it comes to using water for your humidifier. You could use the bottled water that you would drink. They sell it on the cruise. I suggest that you empty the water every day and put in fresh. When you get home, you can clean the water chamber with vinegar and water - 3:1 ratio. Also remember the guideline to using extension cords. The extension cord needs to be the same diameter as the cord on the CPAP machine. Whatever you decide, hope you have a great time. Also remember to carry your CPAP as a carry-on, otherwise it could get broke being tossed around.

Sincerely
Dianna

all I did was ask my room steward or called room service for distilled water...they delivered a sealed gallon jug of distilled water just like you buy at the supermarket

I did not fill out any forms or do anything special, I was not charged for it...did not have to buy it....was not a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter