Disnseyland or GC Resort

YourMajesty

<font color=red>Always makes a point to sleep in h
My DH and I are choosing between these two hotels. It might just be us or we may take our boys (7 and 4). Seems like I read a couple of messages about getting a "bad" tower or stinky room at the DL resort? Also, how are the crowds the first weekend of October? We have stayed at the Contemporary at WDW and thought it was nice. We stayed in the garden wing. We were leaning toward DL resort but thought with some imput we might be convinced to stay at the GC resort.

Thanks

I prefer the GCH. It's much newer and themed better, IMO. The location is better also, as it's very close to either park. It has a private entrance into DCA and a short walk to Disneyland.

The DLH is a bit of a walk to either park (although a nice walk). There is the monorail nearby, but that still takes some time.

The Grand Californian is a wonderful resort that is themed and fun and located in a position that can't be beat. The rooms are comfortable and the decore great. There are balconies in most rooms.
The Disneyland Hotel is more like the Contemporary with three modern, unthemed towers. The grounds are very beautiful and fun though there are some dated and oddly contrasting themed areas. The rooms (in general, particularly in the Sierra and Bonita Towers)) are much bigger than the GC and the rooms decore is really fun but still classy. They don't have balconies here but the sliding doors open up completely, agains a railing and it really brings the outdoors inside. If you choose the DL Hotel request a room with two queen beds and a day bed in the Sierra Tower. I really like the Disneyland Hotel but the GC is even more classy and sedate. Either one would be great.

We have stayed at both the GC and Disneyland Hotel. My DS was five during our stay at GC and six during our stay at DL Hotel. He prefers the DL Hotel mainly due to the theme of the pool area and the grounds themselves.

The walk is further from the parks, though, which can be a downside but wasn't that big of a deal especially when we caught the monorail.

The GC was very elegant and extremely nice. We were just looking for a more whimsical atmosphere and really like Goofy's kitchen when comparing with Storyteller's cafe. Plus, for the extra we stay at the concierge at DL Hotel instead of the a standard room at GC.

You will be pleased at either hotel. They are both nice. The Sierra tower is much closer to the parks than the other two and worth requesting, in our opinion.

We just got back from a stay at DLH, my boys 5 & 9 LOVED IT!(the 9 year old had been there before but not the 5 year old)They loved the Neverland pool, the waterfalls and they loved our room! It was nice and roomy, Sierra Tower 5th floor, we pulled our chairs up to the balcony and watched the fireworks from our room! We also liked being right there for Goofy's Kitchen.

I've never stayed at GCH, I would LOVE too though! It looks so nice. But my boys said they don't want to stay there, they liked DLH so much.

Just a note though, the first weekend of Oct. is Gay Days at DL. It affects some people's travel and doesn't affect others, I just wanted to give you a heads up!

I've not stayed at the DLH, but have stayed at the GC and will not stay anywhere else but GC (I've stayed at PP also). Anyhow, location of GC to the parks is great. The balconies with the table and chairs was great added feature - which is not available at either of the other two hotels. It is more expensive, but well worth it to us.

Also, I don't know if this is still the case, but when we stayed at GC (6/03) we were allowed to use all the hotels pools - not just the GC so we were able to visit the Neverland Pool.

I'm sure you will enjoy your time regardless of what hotel you choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter