DisneyWorld Proposing/Proposal

SonicKryptonite

Earning My Ears
Hello, so I have a bit of a doozy of a question to ask -

My partner and I are supposed to go to DisneyWorld this April (1st to 17th), her 29th birthday happens to fall on the 2nd and I was thinking of proposing to her then. We've been together for just over 5 years now, and we have discussed what she does and doesn't like. The main through line is although she wants effort put into it and wants it to be special, what she DOESN'T want is it to be in front of a large crowd as she hates being the centre of attention in that sense (so no Disney Castle/restaurant proposals or anything with a lot of eyes looking at her).

I've tried phoning customer services up but they weren't able to help as much as I would have liked (kept suggesting the Rivera Resort Restaurant or California Grill which seems overplayed anyway?) and because we are from the UK there aren't too many numbers I can phone to ask around (I've tried the Fairy Tale email and I got a generic response saying they are only dealing with weddings and renewal requests at the moment...).

The main option I've come back to is the carriage rides you can do at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort and the Fort Wilderness Resort. I wanted to know if anyone would recommend them and if so if you know of a romantic spot/part in particular where I can pop the question?

I'm also open to suggestions for both DisneyWorld and the main Orlando area - the plan would have been: get up - shopping (maybe the mall or Disney Springs as she loves doing that sort of stuff) - a small lunch - maybe more shopping (we always try to do all the shopping at the front half of our trips) - then whatever the romantic thing I had planned/pop the question (this would be around 3pm to 4:30pm-ish) - dinner etc.

Any suggestions would be amazing! Also any additional suggestions for photographers to capture the moment/any other extras I can plan in advance would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR? - I want to propose to girlfriend while at Disney/Orlando, she hates crowds/being the centre of attention, we are from the UK so we are limited to who to contact via phones etc. only viable option is carriage ride at one of the two hotels, but open to ideas!

What are her likes when it comes to rides, characters, shows, restaurant, hotels, favourite spots in WDW/Orlando etc.
You have a long flight ahead of you. How about a proposal 10.000 feet in the sky? If your budget allows it: Upgrade your seat to have a special moment in Premium or Business Class or the lounge? Proposing on a plane will probably get you free champagne ;-)

I like the carriage ride idea! I also know a couple who got engaged on Peter Pan's Flight, which means they get to relive that moment every time they ride the attraction!

You could go to the Polynesian Resort and propose on their beach while the fireworks are taking place in the background at Magic Kingdom.

Or at California Grill where they have a balcony you can access during the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.

I'm just a sucker for fireworks haha

You could go to the Polynesian Resort and propose on their beach while the fireworks are taking place in the background at Magic Kingdom.

Or at California Grill where they have a balcony you can access during the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.

I'm just a sucker for fireworks haha
I second this, the beach at poly. There's a little bench swing to the right of the viewing area, watch the fireworks and take a little stroll and sit down. that's what I did in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter