No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

Oldest steering the boat outside of Olivia's at OKW. The boat is sure to sink. We have a morning breakfast here in about 15 minutes. Enjoying the sunrise at OKW.

WP_003349.jpg

Last edited:
Oldest steering the boat outside of Olivia's at OKW. The boat is sure to sink. We have a morning breakfast here in about 15 minutes. Enjoying the sunrise at OKW.

temporary-3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You can start, I'm here :lmao:

I wondered what was up when I saw this thread resurface on my feed. Awesome you made it safe! We will be at MNSSHP tomorrow too!

You can start, I'm here :lmao:

True. That's the most important thing.

I wondered what was up when I saw this thread resurface on my feed. Awesome you made it safe! We will be at MNSSHP tomorrow too!

Yes, just when you thought it was safe to return to your threads, this one rears its ugly head. :lmao:

Let me know if you want to try and get a meet in. A 30 second encounter will make you infamous on my trip report. And, you know that infamous is way better than just plain old regular famous.

So, a significant attack on Disneytopia magic at OKW Check-in. We arrived at 6:30 AM. We have a 2 linked 1 BR reservation, and the person checking me in didn't seem to understand. I chalked it up to i'm tired. After that magical text, we went to go to the room around 1:30 P, and it had someone else's stuff inside. Back up front to the manager who chalked it up as a glitch, but someone's stuff inside your room is a major one. Switched to different room and was ensured no room change fee charged. I'm afraid I'll be having to dispute a room charge bill at the end of the week.

But, the magically-less moment was they really didn't care. I didn't expect them to upgrade me to a castle suite, but a free bottle of water for my troubles at clearly their mistake would be nice. It was the first time I felt like, "we fixed our mistake, we have your money, you'll be back so there".

The 1 BR is nice at OKW, but I think I liked the SSR 1 BR layout better. I'll post more pictures. Back to the trip report.

There were some great pictures posted last week 1 BR on FB, so I don't have many to add. The living room view into kitchen:

WP_003369.jpg

DDs huddled into the sleeper chair.

WP_003368.jpg

The king sized bed.

WP_003373.jpg

The extra space is great. The full fridge and washer/dryer are great. Personally, I don't like looking at the kitchen backdrop of the tv. Either way, it is back to studios for us.

Last edited:

We did go to WDW and get the TiW card. I'm going to add up the totals at the end of the trip. However, if everything goes as planned, we will have TiW card for three trips - now, April 2014, and October 2014. I think we'll see some savings.

Stopped by and got this routine picture with their cousins on the way.

WP_003355.jpg

One with Alice and the tea party with oldest dd.

WP_003356.jpg

Bus traveling.

WP_003363.jpg

We pool hopped over to SSR Paddock feature pool as we had not tried it. It is ok, but the Clown Mouth slide may still win over it, and the CR pools may win out overall.

WP_003364.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you got the room stuff fixed. Nice start otherwise.

Thanks. I have drank a beer, soaked in the hot tub, and took a nap by the pool. So, the magic is starting to churn again. Time for showers and then over to WDW for some EoS. They make some good sandwiches.

Thanks. I have drank a beer, soaked in the hot tub, and took a nap by the pool. So, the magic is starting to churn again. Time for showers and then over to WDW for some EoS. They make some good sandwiches.

Beer, hot tub, pool - sounds about right. All that's missing is the bacon, maybe you'll find some at EoS.

Thanks. I have drank a beer, soaked in the hot tub, and took a nap by the pool. .

My kind of trip except make it a rum and coke. :thumbsup2

Here's to a wonderful time! That OKW balcony might just win you over. With a drink, it's frankly exquisite!

Hope you got a great building location.

I'm now present and accounted for. Better late than never. Hope the room snafu is the only non-magical thing that occurs. Your girls didn't look to be affected so that's good.:thumbsup2

The irony that Post #666 for me occurred on your TR thread.
Hmmmm...wonder if there's any significance to that.:hmghost:

Sorry for the bad start. I didn't know they charged DVC members with a room change fee. :confused3

Enjoy your day today!!! pixiedust:

The irony that Post #666 for me occurred on your TR thread.
Hmmmm...wonder if there's any significance to that.:hmghost:

I think the Team Sparrow mojo might contradict that one.

My kind of trip except make it a rum and coke. :thumbsup2

Here's to a wonderful time! That OKW balcony might just win you over. With a drink, it's frankly exquisite!

Hope you got a great building location.

I'm preferable to KY Bourbon, but I like a good rum & coke as well. Or, rum and anything. :lmao:

Sorry for the bad start. I didn't know they charged DVC members with a room change fee. :confused3

Enjoy your day today!!! pixiedust:

Thanks. They are charged with a fee if they request to change rooms because they don't like the room location. If there is a maintenance issue, then there is no charge.

We have never requested a particular room or view. To me, it's just part of the vacation surprise. I may stay at the BWV 20 more times, but the room is the guess. There are some premium DVC rooms with great views, great parking places, short elevator walks, etc and then there are the less desirable ones. If one gets the less desirable room, then some people request to be moved.

Mass last night. Jesus and palm trees. Amen.

WP_003375.jpg

Oh, and here is that OKW balcony view. Sunrise this AM over the water. :thumbsup2

WP_003378.jpg

Last edited:
A great dining and cost saver tip.

Eat dinner at Earl of Sandwich. Their sandwiches are excellent and cost around $6 each. And, if you are just really adventurous, they sandwiches are split in half and you can swap. Drinks are extra, but we are mostly water drinkers.

Then, walk next door to the candy shop for an apple. If you have never had one of these apples, they have chocolate, caramel, marshmallows, etc and are great. At $10 each, they are pricey but really good. They will slice the apple for you in 4s, 6s, or 8s. One is probably big enough for an average family, but I am not an average size. They also have chocolate covered pineapple spears (thanks nemesis for that tip).

So, $30 for dinner and $20 for dessert. Saving money at Disney: priceless.

We haven't been to DTD in a while, maybe we'll do that. Also, let us know how the TIW works out for you. When my DD is 10 next year, I may be going that route as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter