Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know if the boats to Hollywood still start at 8am? I believe it was 8 when we were there last summer, I can’t remember for sure.

Does anyone know if the boats to Hollywood still start at 8am? I believe it was 8 when we were there last summer, I can’t remember for sure.
Generally 1 hour before park open. HS opens at 8:30 today, 8:00 for resort guests and friendship boats will be operating by 7:00.

The boats start running one hour before early entry and run until one hour after park close. We were able to get the boat to HS around 7:36am for an early opening time of 8:30. We got to Hollywood Studios around 7:50am yesterday. The boat runs on the quarter hour according to the CM on the boat yesterday.

We usually walk to HS but if a boat is at the dock and you can get on it, then it will get there faster than walking.

Last edited:

The boats start running one hour before early entry and run until one hour after park close. We were able to get the boat to HS around 7:36am for an early opening time of 8:30. We got to Hollywood Studios around 7:50am yesterday. The boat runs on the quarter hour according to the CM on the boat yesterday.

We usually walk to HS but if a boat is at the dock and you can get on it, then it will get there faster than walking.
Thank you!!

I have family at YC now. They moved there yesterday from another onsite hotel & got the room ready text before 7:30 am. They stopped in the room in the morning & everything was fine. When they went back in the late afternoon they heard constant loud barking from the room next door. Didn’t complain at the time, left & went to dinner. When they returned a few hours later, the barking was still going on. They said this was loud, hard barking, not just a little yipping. This time they went to the front desk to complain & ask to be moved. The CM didn’t even question it, send anyone to investigate or try to contact the owner. Just immediately found another room for them to move to. They’re happy with the new room & were only mildly annoyed at needing to pack up & move.

The thing that struck me was the desk CM didn’t seem surprised or question the issue in any way. Makes me think they’ve had other complaints about the dog barking in that room. Especially with the room next door being available first thing in the morning. I’m sure that means the room was empty the night before for a reason. It‘s good family was moved quickly without question. But it concerns me that maybe Disney isn’t really following their own rules about dogs who disturb other guests.

So just a little FYI for those concerned about dogs at the resort.

December activities. I’ll try to get a better picture later today. Have a bus to catch to MK.
View attachment 722608

I found this next to the Yacht Club entrance to Storm Along Bay. The CM said that they put it up about a week ago. It is posted on the towel return.

Thank you both for providing the December activity info. I'll add this to the Activities Post on Page 1, Post 4.

:thanks:

Love seeing all of the updates here since our last visit (which I promised my husband would be our last for a year or two....ahem...)! He was very quick to help me book our next trip in August of 2023 with our son who will be heading to college a few weeks after we return! A good deal on flights with no layovers and the times we prefer(and haven't seen since pre-Covid) helped seal the deal! After last year at the Yacht Club in Club Level(loved it, but we were finally assured that we are definitely Beach Club fans), we will be back at the Beach Club - and since now we are spoiled, of course it will be Club Level! 241 days! Hoping the Food and Wine Festival will be happening when we go - we always leave right before it begins with our July trips!

We changed our dates for our 2023 trip. We will now be at the YC April 16-20th instead of in February. We would love to get back to the Beach Club they never seem to have a discount as good as YC.

We returned from a very nice two-night stay at the YC. It was a standard view room so of course we got the convention service area view. It wasn't too bad, though. There was some truck noise very early in the morning, but I was awake anyway. I usually avoid standard view rooms at YC, but this time it was unavoidable.

Attachments

• D2293FFA-788A-4894-B282-C2EF133B146B.jpeg
    D2293FFA-788A-4894-B282-C2EF133B146B.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 308FD947-A9D1-4D10-B713-C3CA650ADBAF.jpeg
    308FD947-A9D1-4D10-B713-C3CA650ADBAF.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 26
I have family at YC now. They moved there yesterday from another onsite hotel & got the room ready text before 7:30 am. They stopped in the room in the morning & everything was fine. When they went back in the late afternoon they heard constant loud barking from the room next door. Didn’t complain at the time, left & went to dinner. When they returned a few hours later, the barking was still going on. They said this was loud, hard barking, not just a little yipping. This time they went to the front desk to complain & ask to be moved. The CM didn’t even question it, send anyone to investigate or try to contact the owner. Just immediately found another room for them to move to. They’re happy with the new room & were only mildly annoyed at needing to pack up & move.

The thing that struck me was the desk CM didn’t seem surprised or question the issue in any way. Makes me think they’ve had other complaints about the dog barking in that room. Especially with the room next door being available first thing in the morning. I’m sure that means the room was empty the night before for a reason. It‘s good family was moved quickly without question. But it concerns me that maybe Disney isn’t really following their own rules about dogs who disturb other guests.

So just a little FYI for those concerned about dogs at the resort.
I am at YC CL now. Yesterday was check in and our room was next to CL lobby and the elevators. We did not sleep last night. At 5am we called the front desk which offered to move us but during our 10 night stay we would be multiple times, or move us to BC or give us ear plugs. They were all nice options but the last option was the best. Talk to YC CL managers and see what they could do. Short story they are the best. They are moving us tomorrow to the Room we had in 2019 plus a credit on my account. Can’t say more about the staff at the YC. First class all the way. The food has been great, treatment above and beyond. Can’t say enough.

I am at YC CL now. Yesterday was check in and our room was next to CL lobby and the elevators. We did not sleep last night. At 5am we called the front desk which offered to move us but during our 10 night stay we would be multiple times, or move us to BC or give us ear plugs. They were all nice options but the last option was the best. Talk to YC CL managers and see what they could do. Short story they are the best. They are moving us tomorrow to the Room we had in 2019 plus a credit on my account. Can’t say more about the staff at the YC. First class all the way. The food has been great, treatment above and beyond. Can’t say enough.

Sorry you had to deal with that, but it’s good to hear that you got good service and the problem resolved to your satisfaction. May I ask what room category you had in CL? I would certainly want to avoid being near the elevators and/or lobby as well.

Sorry you had to deal with that, but it’s good to hear that you got good service and the problem resolved to your satisfaction. May I ask what room category you had in CL? I would certainly want to avoid being near the elevators and/or lobby as well.
Room 5143 CL

The room number he gave is a waterview room. We had that room once too but it was before the rooms were remodeled. It was noticeable when we were trying to nap, but not too bad at night. But now with the hardwood floors, everything echoes into the rooms so much more. So I can see where it’s more noticeable. We were in 5171 in September. That on is right next to the lounge prep room. Heard banging & china clattering starting at 6 am. We were only there for a few nights but it’s not a great room for a long stay either.

Thank you. In all my years I have never seen crowds like this. park reservation system does not work. It has to be another reason anyway the YC resort is wonderful.

All the pics and videos I’ve seen of the parks lately look REALLY crazy. I was debating a quick last minute trip right before Christmas, but I’m afraid that the crowds will be even worse than now. Glad to hear that the YC CL is a bright spot. Keep us posted on all the offerings at the lounge and enjoy the hotel. 😃

So glad they are getting you taken care of. When we were at YC a few weeks ago, DH and I commented on how we felt bad for the people in those rooms right by the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter