• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Looking forward to our 1st stay in Crescent Lake area at YC May 2023!

Those new pool bracelets sound annoying. Do they give them to you at check-in? We might not swim until our last day, so I'd rather hold onto them and not wear them until we actually go to the pool.

Looking forward to our 1st stay in Crescent Lake area at YC May 2023!

Those new pool bracelets sound annoying. Do they give them to you at check-in? We might not swim until our last day, so I'd rather hold onto them and not wear them until we actually go to the pool.
I’m here now, and yes I’m not a fan of the new band either - you get them at the pool entrance when you are ready to use the pool/pool area but can cut it off and get a new one every time.

Thanks, that's good to know.

I tried searching before asking this but didn't see any good results: how crowded is the pool if you go when it first opens at 10am? I was planning to do that on our check out day before we leave. I'm sure it gets busy in the afternoon, but maybe we can beat the crowds in the morning while everyone else is at the parks?

Thanks, that's good to know.

I tried searching before asking this but didn't see any good results: how crowded is the pool if you go when it first opens at 10am? I was planning to do that on our check out day before we leave. I'm sure it gets busy in the afternoon, but maybe we can beat the crowds in the morning while everyone else is at the parks?

There’s plenty of room at opening. Yes, there will be a line before it opens. But those are the people determined to get their favorite umbrella tables & camp out for the day. There will be plenty of lounge chairs & out of the way umbrella tables available.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but the resort information channel can still be found with the new TV system, it's channel 2 and listed as can't miss magic. So glad it's still there, prefer that music as background noise to the new jig that plays on the new welcome screen.

Made it through the worst of the storm just fine last night, no water in our room at the YC, and hardly any debris out our window. Doesn't look too bad downstairs either, they have the doors tied closed to keep them from blowing open, but didn't see any noticable damage out back by the pool.

Also, the elevators are currently closed, so heads up to anyone who is here!

Attachments

• PXL_20220929_114627063.jpg
    PXL_20220929_114627063.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 34
  • PXL_20220929_115956932.jpg
    PXL_20220929_115956932.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 34
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but currently the YC/BC/BW share a bus to and from Animal Kingdom. Haven't seen them share with BW in years! Stops have been YC then BC then BW.
Return from AK was my worst bus experience at BW a couple week’s ago. There were a couple dozen people in line when I got there and a few dozen behind me by the time a bus showed 20-30 mins later. So wish I had rideshared/MV that one.

This is a first for us, people checked in this morning with a dog in the room next to us, and the dog has been crying in their room for about an hour now. It's not too loud, but the dog lover in me wants to go over a give the little buddy ear scratches and belly rubs and let him know it's ok. It makes me feel so bad knowing the poor thing is probably scared and alone in a new place!

There have been a lot of dogs here this week, which is understandable with the hurricane, but this is the first time I've heard one. Hopefully the owners don't stay out too long!

This is a first for us, people checked in this morning with a dog in the room next to us, and the dog has been crying in their room for about an hour now. It's not too loud, but the dog lover in me wants to go over a give the little buddy ear scratches and belly rubs and let him know it's ok. It makes me feel so bad knowing the poor thing is probably scared and alone in a new place!

There have been a lot of dogs here this week, which is understandable with the hurricane, but this is the first time I've heard one. Hopefully the owners don't stay out too long!
They’re lucky you are their neighbor, I would have no patience for that. Disney has pretty strict pet policies and among them the pet is not allowed to disrupt other guests’ “quiet enjoyment” of the premises. And that’s aside from the poor thing being miserable, that’s obviously not cool. (Disney offers Pet Daycare so it’s not like there aren’t other options.)

Page 2018-2019

Hi Dee , just checked the Be our Guest list and didn't see us. Will you add our stays Oct. 18-29 BCV and Feb. 8-15 BCV. Thank you!

Got it! Will do!

:woohoo:

Hi all, just back from our first stay at BC and I think we're converted! Some thoughts (both positive and negative below)

1. Loved the general relaxed resort vibe. Having an amazing pool meant we wanted to make use of it and for once we felt relaxed on a Disney trip. The consumption of a few Banana Cabana's from Hurricane Hannah's might have helped with that 😆

2. We booked a standard view room, I requested a large balcony with a nice view and we ended up with a view of Spaceship Earth! Every evening we made time to sit on the balcony and watch the lights and just take in the view and atmosphere. (Room 3698 if you're wondering...)

3. Toiletries wise, I agree that they are definitely trying to get rid of the backstock of H2O stuff as our room was opposite one of the Mousekeeping "offices" and every time we came out of the room, even if it wasn't our mousekeeping day, we were given more toiletries. I now have a massive pile of H2O stuff in our bathroom at home (and I think its the cause of my luggage being slightly over weight coming home!)

4. While we didn't eat at the resort, we did make sure to have an ice cream or two from the Beaches and Cream to go window and to be honest that was enough for us, but does mean we will probably make a proper Beaches and Cream reservation when we're next back.

5. Mr Eskimo wanted a hot chocolate a couple of times when it was torrential rain, and the machine in the market place wasn't working but the staff directed him to Cape May where they made some up for him for free, which was amazing customer service.

6. One little thing I didn't like was the new "resort TV". I loved the classic rolling info channel with the instrumental Disney music playing, telling me the park hours each day. But we just had the resort page, with separate "pages" for each park that you had to select. On a day when it was raining we noticed that the classic channel was playing on the TV in the solarium, so Mr Eskimo went and asked at the front desk about it. They told us we could find the classic version on Channel 1, except channel 1 was blocked on our TV. Someone came up to look and couldn't explain why the channel was blocked. Again, a really minor thing that didn't detract from our stay really but was something that left me a little disappointed.

7. The logistics of getting to our room was a little laborious, especially if there were a queue of people trying to use the lifts. We weren't near a set of stairs (in fact the stairs were almost at the opposite end of the resort to us) so it was lifts or a very long walk. I think we only really waited 5 minutes max for a lift but did find ourselves going up and down between floors in that lift at least once a day, especially if there were a lot of people going to and from the club lounge. We don't mind taking the stairs usually but it would have been a lot longer in distance for us; just something to consider if you have mobility issues (or have a kind of busted ankle like Mr Eskimo!)

8. Final thing, that walk across to the slide entrance bothered me more than I thought it would. I'm not the most body confident person at the best of times, but walking in my swimwear across the public walkway made me feel really uncomfortable occasionally when "the public" were actively staring at me. I usually love sides and I'm fine in waterparks, but there was just something about walking past people on the bikes, and going to and from Epcot in "normal" clothes that just didn't sit right with me. I can see that the logistics of the slide design mean that this was the easiest way to deal with it but still, not the best Disney.

All in all we loved it, and definitely think that if we want a more "relaxed" trip then we'd stay here again because the higher price was worth it for the facilities and the convenience of being that close to 2 parks. The minor niggles were just that, minor things that didn't really have any bearing on our trip but were things I just wanted to mention for those who may be thinking about those things (or who are stuck in the mud like me and don't want Disney to change).

Glad to be part of the BC family now but think Mr Eskimo want's to go back to Port Orleans, but stay in French Quarter next time 🙄

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the resort.

:thumbsup2

I just want to say how much I love this thread. We are 51 days from our first Yacht Club stay and I look forward to checking this thread almost every day to see if anyone has updated with any pictures/experiences/etc from their trips. Without this thread, I would have never even know about the cabanas and the cabana/pool day I have reserved for us is what my DH is most looking forward to about our trip.

Thanks so much for the kind words. This is definitely a special space, lots of devoted fans of the resort with a plethora of knowledge about the Yacht and Beach Club and Disney in general.

::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

What room should we request for the best Garden View room? We want a fully balcony preferably and somewhat of a decent view. Would be a bonus if it had a connecting door.

When is your trip? BC or YC? If it is the Beach Club, I would definitely request a full balcony. @Wood Nymph gave some great advice regarding the view options.

::yes::

We've booked Nov. 30-Dec 4 at BC and April 13 to April 21st at YC.

Got it!

I'll add the dates to the list.

:cool1:

Maybe someone could help. If I were to book through Dave’s DVC rentals am I able to rent a Cabana?

:welcome:

You bet!

:beach:

Hi all! With a standard view room booked, is it even worth making a room request? Am I guaranteed a view of parking lot or rooftop?

When is your trip? Which resort?

:goodvibes

Page 2020-2021

DH & I will be staying at YC 1/13-1/17/23! The friendship boat horns annoyed DH at BWI so we're going with a GV this time. So excited!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but currently the YC/BC/BW share a bus to and from Animal Kingdom. Haven't seen them share with BW in years! Stops have been YC then BC then BW.

I don't remember seeing this posted, although it sounds like it has been going on since January- or maybe just during the "slower" months

🚎

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but the resort information channel can still be found with the new TV system, it's channel 2 and listed as can't miss magic. So glad it's still there, prefer that music as background noise to the new jig that plays on the new welcome screen.

Made it through the worst of the storm just fine last night, no water in our room at the YC, and hardly any debris out our window. Doesn't look too bad downstairs either, they have the doors tied closed to keep them from blowing open, but didn't see any noticable damage out back by the pool.

Also, the elevators are currently closed, so heads up to anyone who is here!

Thanks so much for sharing your storm stay experiences with us

:grouphug:

I have a Disney visit to report!

My son is studying at Kings College in UK for the fall semester of his senior year. I will be meeting up with him and his roommate in France- a couple of days in Paris, a day at Disneyland Paris, then the Halloween Party there. I will then spend a few days with them in London.

Vive La Difference!

Does anyone have a copy of the October recreation calendar/movie schedule they can post here, or email to me

beachclubdee at yahoo

TIA

🗓️

I have a Disney visit to report!

My son is studying at Kings College in UK for the fall semester of his senior year. I will be meeting up with him and his roommate in France- a couple of days in Paris, a day at Disneyland Paris, then the Halloween Party there. I will then spend a few days with them in London.

Vive La Difference!
Have a great tome Dee!

I know this is a year off, but if I come to "check in" and my room is not ready, if the tie-dye shirts activity is happening that day could I participate or do I need to wait until the room is ready?

They’re lucky you are their neighbor, I would have no patience for that. Disney has pretty strict pet policies and among them the pet is not allowed to disrupt other guests’ “quiet enjoyment” of the premises. And that’s aside from the poor thing being miserable, that’s obviously not cool. (Disney offers Pet Daycare so it’s not like there aren’t other options.)
My mom said the same thing! We checked out this morning, so their new neighbors might not be so understanding. And to be fair, if the dog was barking a ton I would have said something, but a little crying and whimpering just made me feel bad for the poor thing.

That sounds like a great adventure for both of you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter