Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Unfortunately, yes they are.

My husband sleeps better on vacation only because we've had rooms with the ceiling fans.

Hi Friends. Finally came back on our thread. It has been too difficult for me in the past. But after being recognized a lot at Disneyland in California this past week and having such a great time catching up with those BC guests 3000 miles away, I realized how much I missed you all. Still can't go back to Y&B though. I was on the boat from Hollywood Studios to the Boardwalk on a visit back with Lily and I started crying when it stopped at Y&B ....I miss my Florida life so very much. I still really dislike living in Vegas ...so hot, dry, dirty and ugly. Brown everywhere, but I need to be there with my girls and if I had stayed alone in Florida it would have not worked well ...for instance...I just had another kidney stone surgery and it would have been hard doing that alone. But my heart is still in Florida! When Lily and I land in Orlando, we both yell, "green and water!!" Been back a lot to WDW....mostly with Lily but a few times with my friend, Diann, from PA. I'v been super lucky and gotten to spend time with Shoreward on some of my trips back. Lily calls her "my big Disney friend". Jeanne, Lily and I will be going to Aulani before Christmas and are super excited. And Dee and I will be on the Fantasy in September. Also looking forward to my trip "home" in October with my buddy Diann because a bunch of the DIS ladies will be there the same time and we are all meeting up. Lily got her first grade school calendar ....yep ...she is going into first grade already. I quickly booked 3 WDW trips for us ...one December 31st for 6 nights (Music), one in February for 5 nights (Animal Kingdom Savannah view) and one in March for 6 nights (the Cabins). We are allowing Jeanne to come along in March...gotta let her come once in a while but she puts a damper on our trips ...imagine her not happy about lily and I having Dole Whip for breakfast. So, I hope to run into some of you during my many trips "home". I miss you all and feel so blessed to have made so many friends from my years at the Beach Club. Keep an eye out for me and Lily ...she still has a head full of blond curls ...she is hard to miss! Bye for now. Hugs!

I can't believe she's going into first grade. How is that even possible? Every time I eat at a Wawa I think of you. :)

It turns out I'll be at WDW for a few days in late November. A good friend whose daughter is close to the same age as my youngest asked if I wanted to join them for a trip with just the littles. We're staying at CSR, which I've never seen, but I'm sure it will be fine. Maybe we'll stop by YC/BC for a wave and some ice cream to go.

Hi Friends. Finally came back on our thread. It has been too difficult for me in the past. But after being recognized a lot at Disneyland in California this past week and having such a great time catching up with those BC guests 3000 miles away, I realized how much I missed you all. Still can't go back to Y&B though. I was on the boat from Hollywood Studios to the Boardwalk on a visit back with Lily and I started crying when it stopped at Y&B ....I miss my Florida life so very much. I still really dislike living in Vegas ...so hot, dry, dirty and ugly. Brown everywhere, but I need to be there with my girls and if I had stayed alone in Florida it would have not worked well ...for instance...I just had another kidney stone surgery and it would have been hard doing that alone. But my heart is still in Florida! When Lily and I land in Orlando, we both yell, "green and water!!" Been back a lot to WDW....mostly with Lily but a few times with my friend, Diann, from PA. I'v been super lucky and gotten to spend time with Shoreward on some of my trips back. Lily calls her "my big Disney friend". Jeanne, Lily and I will be going to Aulani before Christmas and are super excited. And Dee and I will be on the Fantasy in September. Also looking forward to my trip "home" in October with my buddy Diann because a bunch of the DIS ladies will be there the same time and we are all meeting up. Lily got her first grade school calendar ....yep ...she is going into first grade already. I quickly booked 3 WDW trips for us ...one December 31st for 6 nights (Music), one in February for 5 nights (Animal Kingdom Savannah view) and one in March for 6 nights (the Cabins). We are allowing Jeanne to come along in March...gotta let her come once in a while but she puts a damper on our trips ...imagine her not happy about lily and I having Dole Whip for breakfast. So, I hope to run into some of you during my many trips "home". I miss you all and feel so blessed to have made so many friends from my years at the Beach Club. Keep an eye out for me and Lily ...she still has a head full of blond curls ...she is hard to miss! Bye for now. Hugs!

Wow! I can't believe Lily is going to be 6!! I remember waiting for her to be born and guesses people were making for the date and time she would be born. I think of you often when I go by the Little Debbie's in the grocery store or I see the summer tomatoes!!

I saw you before you left the BC, when you brought me in the backroom, where they store the luggage, so that I could get something out of my carry on. Sounds like you are staying very bust with Jeanne and school and also with the "princess Lily". I'm glad you get to go home to Disney with Lily!! Enjoy your upcoming vacations!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Yep. We hardly ever turn the TV on while on vacation. But using the MDE app at night after the parks while relaxing in bed is something my kids and us enjoy. On day 2 now and still no WiFi in the rooms.

That would really be a big downer for my family. Like I said, we love surfing the web and that time is our "down time" and our family is big on this. I wouldn't want to drag everyone to the lobby to get on Wi-Fi. I would speak to a manager because what if you needed to do work at night and obviously need Wi-Fi? In this day and age, many NEED Wi-Fi. Good luck.

I don't know about the pre-selected colors. Mine always show up gray until I change them. Last year we made a change last minute so they gave us a new magic band order. We customized them and they were at the front desk when we checked in.
I just figured out that the 'pre-selected' colors were our colors from the last time we went. I guess those bands are still active.

That would really be a big downer for my family. Like I said, we love surfing the web and that time is our "down time" and our family is big on this. I wouldn't want to drag everyone to the lobby to get on Wi-Fi. I would speak to a manager because what if you needed to do work at night and obviously need Wi-Fi? In this day and age, many NEED Wi-Fi. Good luck.
The manager would respond with "we've contacted our contractor, we apologize for any inconvenience and you may use the lobby Wi-Fi in the meantime". c'est la vie. Sometimes Wi-Fi works and sometimes it doesn't. (And if access was that important for work the person would travel with a data plan as a backup.)

For anyone who didn't realize it- DISNEY IS NOTORIOUS FOR AWFUL IT. You can complain if your Wi-Fi isn't working but it's not likely anything will get fixed while you're there. If in room Wi-Fi access really is that important and the Wi-Fi isn't working call your data plan provider and upgrade your data plan for smartphones, you can also look into if you can turn them into hotspots for devices that don't have data plans. iPhones 6 and later have hotspots for sure, idk about the others or other smartphones. It's an expensive work around but this might be an option for anyone having in-the-moment failures who requires a work-around.

Page 954-955

Oooh please do! :) This service has really piqued my interest. Me and DF used Uber a few times last trip but couldn't imagine paying $20 for an on-site-only service unless it had some Disney magic around it.

One of my favourite vloggers mentioned their first ever experience of Uber was amazing - they had someone pick them up that had a mini fridge full of bottled waters in back for them to have and take to stay hydrated. Then, on their return trip, they had someone pull up in a tricked-out ride who basically flew them back to the resort at a speed that would rival Mission Space. ( :offtopic: lol)

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope they formalise this service a bit like the former example rather than risking the mixed bag you could get with Ubers.

It's nice that they've started this in our neck of the woods, too. I wonder if Disney have noted a larger proportion of guests taking Ubers from Yacht & Beach?

:wave2:

Good to see you posting!

Any upcoming trips or are you just keeping up with the news?

:goodvibes

Check in was available yesterday on my Disney Exp. but I only had the option 1(ground, upper, lower) and option 2 (ground, lower). Nothing else. Are those my only options? Club level standard view is what I books. I requested a king bed when I spoke to DSS.

As others have indicated, the checkin options do not make sense for a club level stay at the YC. You will be on the 5th floor.

For your King Bed request, you have done the correct thing by letting DSS know that is what you want. You could also call the regular Disney Central Reservations Office number as well and note your request there.

According to my notes, prior to the recent room renovation, 2 of the 34 YC CL SV rooms had a king bed. I'm not sure if the bedding configuration in the rooms have changed either adding or taking away more king beds on the club level. It was noted in a recent post that overall, the YC added more king beds during the rehab.

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list. If you would like to be included, let us know when your trip is.

:thumbsup2

So excited, my waitlist for BCV in a 2-br came through for NYE. We will be staying at BCV Dec. 29 - Jan 1, and then going over to OKW Jan 1 - 6. Can't wait to stay at BC, we have never stayed there before. Dining is all set, luckily I assumed we would get it, and made some good dining choices. Any recommendations for room requests? We are a family of 6/7, with grown children.

:welcome:

Sounds like a spectacular family trip!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of this thread.

:cool1:

Others who are more familiar with the villas will have to offer their suggestions for rooms. As I understand it, there aren't great views to be had at BCV, but if you have preferences for location like upper floor, lower floor, close to (or far away from) elevators, that may be what you want to request.

:cool2:

Hi all! Quick report from our first ever stay at BC from 7/8-7/14. We had a great vacation and as we had hoped BC was the perfect base camp for visiting all the parks. Mostly good with a few minor bumps.

Some room pics from our recent stay. Room 2573 Garden view with full balcony. King bed. Pull out double.

https://imgur.com/gallery/VtJCh

Thanks so much for your detailed review and the pictures from your room.

I would love to add your review to the trip report/review section (Page 1, Post 16) and the room pictures to the view thread.

Your refrigerator picture is a great example of how much it holds. Impressive!

:cool2:

Page 956-957

Thank you! My husband will think I'm nuts when I make us find this! Wanted to be sure I knew what I was doing!

The secret door on the right hand side of the wedding pavilion is working fine, is that the one you mean?

The exit/entrance at the BC that I like to use, when Epcot is in my plans, is at the Quiet Pool. Those doors are open 24/7 and located right next to the single elevator. Being only about a 1-2 minute longer walk than the "secret" door, it's still much closer than the main entrance of the resort, when coming from/going to Epcot. Its location is also very clear cut, for those of us who have some navigation challenges winding their way through the corridors to/from the "secret" door. :)

I have also found using this door allows a shorter walk from the BC to the FriendShip boat, boarding at Epcot, rather than walking all the way over to the YC/BC dock. The ride to HS will be a little longer, since the next stop, before YC/BC, is the Boardwalk, but the time spent will be close, if factoring in the extra walk time to the dock at YC/BC.

The secret door stuff is crazy, but the info truly is my favorite tip for new guests at the resort.

I still have to put info about the secret Cape May door and now the BC Quiet pool exit/entrance on Page 1.

I am directionally challenged and even with several stays at the resort under my belt, I keep going the wrong way in the halls.

:upsidedow

I will be staying at the YC 9/19 - 9/24. Any updates with construction. This is my first time staying at the YC and any help with room location requests or helpful info during refurbishment phase is greatly appreciated!!!:worship:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I haven't heard definitively that the room rehabs are complete, but if not, they are darned close!

There will continue to be some work happening in the lobby with remodels to The Captains Grille/Ale & Compass restaurant compound.

What view category did you book? Is a daybed important to you? Do you want to be close to the elevators/lobby or do you prefer a more out-of-the-way, quieter location?

:thumbsup2

@natebenma It's official...we are booked for our December trip: YC CL 12/13 - 12/21 :).

To be honest, I'd be perfectly fine with getting the exact same room again. I know some people would not want to be at the very end of the hall, but it was nice and quiet!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:banana::banana::banana:

It's been a crazy few weeks since our trip and I'm just now getting around to posting a short review and room pics. We arrived on June 24th for 8 nights. We checked in around 6:30AM (as usual) and for the first time at BC our room wasn't ready, but we were informed that we did get the full balcony requested and an "upgrade" from standard to garden view so I was excited about the pixie dust! We got a text around noon that our room was ready and we were assigned room 3520 - which I knew was basically all the way at Epcot and had a view of woods, so I was less than thrilled about the location. We stopped by the front desk but I was told they were totally booked due to a convention but I could check back the next day. No luck the next day, but we were able to move after two nights. We were moved to room 2579 which was a fantastic room! It has a lovely view of the courtyard around the volleyball court and a sideways lagoon view, it's also a daybed room. I also love the 2nd floor so we can take the lobby stairs.

All of the CMs were great as usual, with the exception of one woman at check in. We had great meals at Hurricane Hanna's, the Yachtsman (best meal of the trip by far!) and great apps at Martha's vineyard. We had a lot of fun at MV, whenever it rained or sometimes in the evenings. We heard live music a couple of times, we played trivia (which we are miserable at, it was NOT Disney trivia as I hoped) and we took Uno cards and played in there also.

We only took the bus once while we were there, to MK. It was morning EMH and the stop was very crowded when we arrived, but there was a CM there who called and then 2 more MK buses showed up right after the first one! When leaving MK we waited 20 minutes. We had stayed at AKL for 4 nights prior to BC, and waited over an HOUR for a bus leaving MK.

Overall we had an excellent stay at BC and hated to leave! BC continues to not disappoint and is still our favorite by far - I'm already planning our trip for next June! We will probably go the same time again, the crowd level wasn't bad at all.

Here are some rooms pics and views of both rooms:

Room 2579 - Garden View/2 Queens/daybed

Attachments

• IMG_2600.JPG
    IMG_2600.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2612.JPG
    IMG_2612.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2598.JPG
    IMG_2598.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2611.JPG
    IMG_2611.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Room 3520 - Garden View/2 Queens (this room did have a view of Illuminations, but I'm miserable at taking pics of fireworks so sorry for the bad quality)

Attachments

• IMG_2536.JPG
    IMG_2536.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2586.JPG
    IMG_2586.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2591.JPG
    IMG_2591.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2537.JPG
    IMG_2537.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2541.JPG
    IMG_2541.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2538.JPG
    IMG_2538.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 77
It's been a crazy few weeks since our trip and I'm just now getting around to posting a short review and room pics. We arrived on June 24th for 8 nights. We checked in around 6:30AM (as usual) and for the first time at BC our room wasn't ready, but we were informed that we did get the full balcony requested and an "upgrade" from standard to garden view so I was excited about the pixie dust! We got a text around noon that our room was ready and we were assigned room 3520 - which I knew was basically all the way at Epcot and had a view of woods, so I was less than thrilled about the location. We stopped by the front desk but I was told they were totally booked due to a convention but I could check back the next day. No luck the next day, but we were able to move after two nights. We were moved to room 2579 which was a fantastic room! It has a lovely view of the courtyard around the volleyball court and a sideways lagoon view, it's also a daybed room. I also love the 2nd floor so we can take the lobby stairs.

All of the CMs were great as usual, with the exception of one woman at check in. We had great meals at Hurricane Hanna's, the Yachtsman (best meal of the trip by far!) and great apps at Martha's vineyard. We had a lot of fun at MV, whenever it rained or sometimes in the evenings. We heard live music a couple of times, we played trivia (which we are miserable at, it was NOT Disney trivia as I hoped) and we took Uno cards and played in there also.

We only took the bus once while we were there, to MK. It was morning EMH and the stop was very crowded when we arrived, but there was a CM there who called and then 2 more MK buses showed up right after the first one! When leaving MK we waiting 20 minutes. We had stayed at AKL for 4 nights prior to BC, and waited over an HOUR for a bus leaving MK.

Overall we had an excellent stay at BC and hated to leave! BC continues to not disappoint and is still our favorite by far - I'm already planning our trip for next June! We will probably go the same time again, the crowd level wasn't bad at all.

Thankyou for your review and room photos, did room 2579 have an interconnecting door?

We only took the bus once while we were there, to MK. It was morning EMH and the stop was very crowded when we arrived, but there was a CM there who called and then 2 more MK buses showed up right after the first one! When leaving MK we waiting 20 minutes. We had stayed at AKL for 4 nights prior to BC, and waited over an HOUR for a bus leaving MK.

Sounds like a great trip. I've never stayed there before so sorry if this is a stupid question. Why didn't you like the 1st room being close to epcot? I'm just curious and worried I won't love the resort.

Sounds like a great trip. I've never stayed there before so sorry if this is a stupid question. Why didn't you like the 1st room being close to epcot? I'm just curious and worried I won't love the resort.

We prefer to be closer to the food options and pool especially. We spend a lot more time at the pool than Epcot, so it was just a ridiculous walk to the pool and back. Some people would love that location though, it was such a short walk to Epcot and the Illuminations view, so it just depends on what's more important to you.

What a great morning today, was up at 6 am to see the grand opening of the new shop at Market at Ale & Compass, I was also the first person to make a purchase there :yay: This a great addition to the Yacht Club, but still I've been hearing people complaining because it doesn't have Mickey Waffles:rolleyes1 No pleasing some people. The manager was saying that this has been a year in the making!A lot of official Disney suits in the lobby today for the unveiling.

Attachments

• IMG_7005.JPG
    IMG_7005.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 110
So nice to hear from you Teena! We miss you too. Hope to see you in WDW sometime. My niece is dancing in Disney with her dance school in February so I got to sneak in an extra trip. So excited for her.
It's so nice to see that you get to come back often! Lily is getting so big. Sorry to hear about you kidney stone surgery. Take care!
Deb ::MinnieMo

Room 3520 - Garden View/2 Queens (this room did have a view of Illuminations, but I'm miserable at taking pics of fireworks so sorry for the bad quality)
We had this room in May. They still haven't added any additional furniture in the big empty space between the bed and the window. It was a great room if you wanted to swim in the quiet pool or go to Epcot. But the wifi was terrible and it was a long way to get to the Marketplace or SAB.

We had this room in May. They still haven't added any additional furniture in the big empty space between the bed and the window. It was a great room if you wanted to swim in the quiet pool or go to Epcot. But the wifi was terrible and it was a long way to get to the Marketplace or SAB.

Yes I thought it was a weird big empty space. The room was also really dark. It was a bit of a hassle to move but we were glad we did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter