Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Do you think the YC room renovations will be done by the end of September? Thinking of switching to them, but don't want to hear construction when resting in our room.

I'm sorry for asking but when I searched I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. Does anyone know if at the BC there are rooms with 2 queen beds, a daybed, a full balcony, and a view of the lake that's not on the ground floor? Just trying to decide between BC and YC.
Thanks!

I was able to do my online check in today for the Yacht Club, checking in on August 19th. The online options are so overwhelming, I can hardly decide!
yacht-jpg.246054
Don't forget that you actually can check off two options Too bad you can't select three! :)

Will you please confirm if they are not adding the bed runners or decorative pillows? Thanks! Have an amazing time!!

No bed runners but the decorative pillow is on the bed. Same for the Poly, no bed runner but there was a decorative pillow.

Attachments

• IMG_8398.JPG
    IMG_8398.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 46
Have a wonderful time! How exciting to be "home" we will be home in 101 days. Enjoy Teppan Edo! Is the globe definitely back in the YC lobby btw?
We shall take a walk to the YC lobby either today or tomorrow and I will let you know about the globe :teeth:. Teppan Edo is our daughters favorite so it's a must do for us !!

I love our room view!! We booked standard view but I'm thinking this may be a garden view. I am trying to post pictures of the view but it says they are too large. Hopefully I can get them posted later.

I'm sorry for asking but when I searched I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. Does anyone know if at the BC there are rooms with 2 queen beds, a daybed, a full balcony, and a view of the lake that's not on the ground floor? Just trying to decide between BC and YC.
Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread.

I have no idea about the answer to your question. I assume there are rooms that match your criteria, but I don't know for sure. We do have a thread of room view pictures for Beach Club by view category in the Resorts Community Forum. There are a sample of views and Some of the posts have descriptions of the bedding and balcony size, so you can check to see what is listed there. Although to further complicate things, I'm not sure if the bedding (2 Queen vs. King) and the inclusion of a daybed stayed the same after the renovation of the Beach Club in 2014.

:goodvibes

:welcome: to the thread.

I have no idea about the answer to your question. I assume there are rooms that match your criteria, but I don't know for sure. We do have a thread of room view pictures for Beach Club by view category in the Resorts Community Forum. There are a sample of views and Some of the posts have descriptions of the bedding and balcony size, so you can check to see what is listed there. Although to further complicate things, I'm not sure if the bedding (2 Queen vs. King) and the inclusion of a daybed stayed the same after the renovation of the Beach Club in 2014.

:goodvibes
Thanks for the reply! I know it's hard getting so specific!

Okay, decision time and I need your collective help. We've decided on May 4-8 for our add-on trip. 2018 pricing released today and BC & Poly are $300 apart.

A little background: We'll be at BC for 8 days this December, and trying Poly for the first time for 8 days in November, 2018. This trip would be a little extra I decided to throw into the middle. We have two little ones, DS 5 and DD 3.

I know this group is biased, but I trust your opinions. Which resort would you pick for May? We really are torn. BC has the pool, and the short walk to EP and DHS, while Poly has the resort loop into MK for the little ones.

Is there something new in the WDW resort booking engine?

It just let me know, when searching resorts/dates, that the BC was "Booked here 45 times in the last 24 hours," and that the YC was "Booked here 53 times in the last 24 hours."

That is a message that very often appears in 3rd party booking sites.

I wonder if the bookings for the YC include group bookings. If I interpret it literally, I would say they do not. I also wonder if the numbers reflect phone or TA bookings, Again, if taken literally, I would think not.

Okay, decision time and I need your collective help. We've decided on May 4-8 for our add-on trip. 2018 pricing released today and BC & Poly are $300 apart.

A little background: We'll be at BC for 8 days this December, and trying Poly for the first time for 8 days in November, 2018. This trip would be a little extra I decided to throw into the middle. We have two little ones, DS 5 and DD 3.

I know this group is biased, but I trust your opinions. Which resort would you pick for May? We really are torn. BC has the pool, and the short walk to EP and DHS, while Poly has the resort loop into MK for the little ones.
For a May trip, I recommend Beach Club for Stormalong Bay. The Poly pool is nice, but crowded. They don't scan MBs for access there, & I suspect there are a fair number of crashers, because I've never seen such a crowded pool at any other WDW resort. The Beach Club pool also has more hot tubs and shade, ice cream nearby, etc.

Last edited:
We are arriving first week in September and I know they are completing 2nd floor rooms. I requested second floor and I am wondering with the new renovations will the rooms still have the pretty nautical headboards? I like this more than the modern look.

We are arriving first week in September and I know they are completing 2nd floor rooms. I requested second floor and I am wondering with the new renovations will the rooms still have the pretty nautical headboards? I like this more than the modern look.
Sorry, those headboards will only be a memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter