Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

IMG_3326_zpsajjvnyqa.jpg

H20+ Sea Salt/Sea Marine Toiletries

Be cautious before using these products on colored hair. The sea salt could strip some of the color.

page 894

There is (was?) a set of free-to-use lockers near Beaches & Cream, in between the Beach & Yacht Club, inside the SAB pool area.

See Posts 2 and 3 on Page 1 for pictures/details.

As far as I know, they are still there- does anyone know if that has changed?

:magnify:

There were still there while we were there--May 11-20, 2017. We initially thought we would utilize them and the new showers for a pre-flight swim. While we changed our minds about the swim--the lockers would have been available.

page 897-899

Hello!

First timers here in 10. Days for a 2 bedroom BC Villa...A few questions...

1. I know they dont guarantee room types but can I request a certain room/location? If so, which ones? (I booked via dreams unlimited). I saw some Balconies are short and some are full size?

2. Are the renos done for BC 2 BR Villas? Are there still 2 types? The standard 2 BR and the one with a connecting Studio? Which is better? Its my wife and two teen boys.

3. Any other cool reccomendations? It is very important we make this a good trip (see my other posts if interested) but fear not we keep our expectations in check.

4. Is the AC in the rooms good?

Thanks!

:welcome:

Sorry I am so late with your greeting- looks like your trip is right around the corner! Hope it is a great one.

:cool1:

We are visiting Sept 16-20!!!! I am VERY excited. I wish it was a longer stay but my hubby wants to also visit the dark side. As of now i was able to snag a room only discount the 17th-20th. Then i found supper cheap flights arriving on the 16th. So now we are coming arriving late on the 16th. I keep checking for a room discount for that night but so far no luck. Has anyone had experience with room discounts opening up?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

My family loves the dark side! Have fun.

:woohoo:

Keep looking for discounts, you never know. What time do you arrive on the Sept 16? Would you consider a stay at a less expensive on-property location for the night- if you don't bother settling in, you can just bring all your stuff into the room and then take a cab or Uber to the resort (Beach Club?) first thing in the morning. It may be a bit disruptive, but if you are able to save a significant amount of money, may be worth it.

::yes::

Thank you! I will be sure to still add Full Balcony as a preference.

Do many of you lovely club level people contact DSS directly with room preference requests?
I imagine the majority would be "close to lounge" and "full balcony"!

Cover all your bases- request full balcony via phone to the Central Reservations Office, on-line checkin and with DSS.

:thumbsup2

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if there is a Yacht Club picture thread somewhere (if there is, I can't find it!). Thank you!

Do you have an upcoming trip booked?

There is a photo thread for the Yacht & Beach Club on the Resorts Community board- I have links to a few photo sites on Page 1, Post 16.

:cool2:

There is (was?) a set of free-to-use lockers near Beaches & Cream, in between the Beach & Yacht Club, inside the SAB pool area.

See Posts 2 and 3 on Page 1 for pictures/details.

As far as I know, they are still there- does anyone know if that has changed?
We used the free lockers on our last day, May 24th. They are close to the new shower room, which was convenient. You have to enter a four digit code to make them lock.

Do you know if the bypass works on the BC thermostats? Or even if it necessary?

:goodvibes
Don't know about BC, but BC still has ceiling fans, unlike YC. With AC not running, ambient temp ranges between 73-75 degrees. Housekeeping provides a box fan, upon request, to move the air around. Maybe the plan should be to turn on the box fan and attach a balloon in front of the motion sensor.

Last edited:

page 889-891

:welcome: back!

Thanks for the comment about the Vineyard Vines.

The Market at Ale & Compass takes up some of the space that was formerly Fittings & Fairings. The rest of the space is being renovated for retail sales. Current items for sale are in the YC lobby, until the renovation is completed.

::yes::

:cool1:
So is the nice clothing just gone and never to return? We too liked shopping here for clothing and accessories. Coming to Florida from the cold north-east, my husband was low on summer clothes once and was able to pick up a couple of nice things for the trip. I liked their women's selections too.

So is the nice clothing just gone and never to return? We too liked shopping here for clothing and accessories. Coming to Florida from the cold north-east, my husband was low on summer clothes once and was able to pick up a couple of nice things for the trip. I liked their women's selections too.
There were a few non Disney Women's items two weeks ago. I think they realize the need and won't get rid of it all. Not sure about the men's stuff since I did not look in that area

Finally booked our stay - Nov 6-13 at BC. Looking forward to our stay at BC yet again, we are definitely addicted now...

We arrived home on Wednesday night from our wonderful five night stay at the BC. We went to SAB on our last day and then used the new shower facilities. These pictures are from the women's shower room. There is a large handicap style toilet in the room, two shower stalls, a baby changing shelf, a sink, a bench, towels and the same toiletries that the rooms have.

IMG_3427_zpsvnmd8lnj.jpg

IMG_3429_zpsu5xr9u4a.jpg

IMG_3430_zpsavimlsh4.jpg

IMG_3431_zpsq5cjm7pn.jpg

17a2d6a1-d54f-4ecb-9861-0a80603429bb_zpsp2pyh5uq.jpg

IMG_3428_zpsmmcq3wgp.jpg

There are three shower rooms : women's, men's and unisex. The unisex shower room has a lock on the door so my husband and I used that room to shower and change. It had a single shower stall, toilet, sink, bench, baby changing area, towels but the toiletries were missing. The unisex shower room was nice because you had privacy. The other two shower rooms didn't have any place to change without someone walking in on you unless you went into the toilet stall to change or changed in the wet shower stall.

The shower stalls need a shelf or bench for your supplies. The shower room needed a curtained off area for dry clothes and to change in privacy. I think that the unisex shower room will be popular.

All in all, though, the shower rooms are a wonderful addition to the YC/BC. We ran into a management - type person as we were leaving the shower area and told him how much we liked the new showers. He said that they thought that they needed to add them since all the other deluxe resorts had shower facilities and the YC/BC lost their showers when the spa was added.

This is the BEST post I have seen in a long time!! I have been waiting for these showers forever, thank you so much for this news and pictures, this makes me so happy! Do they supply a hairdryer?

Awesome. Sounds nice. One more question since you were recently there.....did the resort feel very spread out? And thank you for your help!

Hi. Not sure if anyone's answered you or not but we were there in September and everything was perfect.

Perhaps we just had an excellent room location at the BC but nothing felt too far for us. Pools, food - nothing felt too far away. DH and I can't wait to return this fall.

This is the BEST post I have seen in a long time!! I have been waiting for these showers forever, thank you so much for this news and pictures, this makes me so happy! Do they supply a hairdryer?
They don't have hair dryers in the shower rooms. The area is open to the public and anyone could enter.

They don't have hair dryers in the shower rooms. The area is open to the public and anyone could enter.

That is definitely a drawback if your intention is to shower and get ready to travel although I understand why since anyone is able to access the rooms. :worried: Would have been nice had they made the rooms accessible by MB or room card.

Ok thanks. I am surprised, they could easily have attached the hair dryers to the walls, if theft is a concern? Hair dryers are so cheap too, its not like they're of any value.

Who can I contact at the Beach Club to get an itemized list of our room charges? We checked out last Saturday (5/27) and I didn't get any paperwork or an e-mail. Thanks!

Who can I contact at the Beach Club to get an itemized list of our room charges? We checked out last Saturday (5/27) and I didn't get any paperwork or an e-mail. Thanks!

Straight from our bill on our last visit:
Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World Resort! For billing inquiries, contact Guest Services at
GUEST.SERVICES.BILLING@DISNEYWORLD.com OR 407-828-5630

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter