Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi, everyone. Could someone tell me where to find a posted BC transportation schedule? I am looking for what time/how often the bus leaves from BC to AK with the new extra magic hours, and also to MK and Disney Springs?

There is no "BC Transportation Schedule". The buses do not run on a set schedule, but rather they are dispatched as needed, by a central dispatch area. In general they run about every 20 minutes. But again, not on a schedule you can plan on ahead of time.

We got back last night from our May 9-16 YC CL stay.

I agree 100% with shoreward. Not at all impressed with new Market at Ale & Compass decor or even the set up. It's going to be really really crowded once there are more than a handful of people in the space. Additionally, since setting up a whole new area, we were really surprised they only put in 2 refill coke stations. The lines are going to be long during busy seasons (you have to go through menus to pick your drink). I love the machines but much more time consuming than just walking up and filling a mug. Also, trickier to fill the mug too. I filled it several times to the top with no problems, but also only filled it half way a few times before the delay for another refill kicked in.

I cannot comment on the food since I did not purchase anything and I am certain it will change but neither Monday or Tuesday had much of a selection in the prepared hot or cold sections.

I was told the QS area was done months in advance - they had planned for a late July open. The gift shop is anticipating a late July open.

A manager told us the globe will likely be back by the end of the week. Most of the parts are specially made so they had to be reordered as part of the restoration process.

I agree 100% with shoreward. Not at all impressed with new Market at Ale & Compass decor or even the set up. It's going to be really really crowded once there are more than a handful of people in the space. Additionally, since setting up a whole new area, we were really surprised they only put in 2 refill coke stations. The lines are going to be long during busy seasons (you have to go through menus to pick your drink). I love the machines but much more time consuming than just walking up and filling a mug. Also, trickier to fill the mug too. I filled it several times to the top with no problems, but also only filled it half way a few times before the delay for another refill kicked in.

I cannot comment on the food since I did not purchase anything and I am certain it will change but neither Monday or Tuesday had much of a selection in the prepared hot or cold sections.

I was told the QS area was done months in advance - they had planned for a late July open. The gift shop is anticipating a late July open.

A manager told us the globe will likely be back by the end of the week. Most of the parts are specially made so they had to be reordered as part of the restoration process.
HOORAY FOR THE GLOBE!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thanks:

We also just returned from a YC CL stay May 9-16. The new marketplace looks nice. I appreciate the no so junk food snack options. Plenty of gluten free items. But NOTHING as far as sandwhiches or hot items. I too was surprised by the refill machines. Only two may get challenging in the coming months.
New rooms are nice, but our AC had major issues not cooling or over cooling or blowing hot air, and leaked large amounts of water on the carpeting and flooring by the door for several days. They tried to fix it but were unable to.

We used the shower at SAB before our ME pickup. Three of them in the women's shower area. Wonderful addition to the pool/resort. There was no shampoo/conditioner/soap or towels although the pool attendant did tell me towels were suppose to be there. I packed the toiletries from our room in our swim bag and apparently everyone else had the same idea.

Seemed to be less sand in the pool this trip too. I never remember seeing the pipes in the kiddie area and they were visual the entire trip. The hot tub next to the pool was fixed on Sunday. It was warm prior and on Monday we were surprised with a very hot "hot pool."

As for the new rooms. We were in room 5148 GV overlooking the gazebo, King with a shower. Our room had a maintenance issue and we waited a long time to check in and therefore, talked to the manager for awhile.

The mattresses are "industrial" since the Simmons ones installed at BC during the last refurbishment only lasted a year before being replaced. Yes, they are high and can slide but very comfortable. My DH spent the entire trip worried our DS was going to fall off onto the hard floor.

I have very mixed feelings on the floor. I did not mind the no carpet but my DH did not like it - again because DS. BUT I would not walk barefoot on them ever. Housekeeping definitely uses something that looks like a swifter, which I am fairly certain is just a surface cleaning/move germs around sort of thing. I never felt like the floors were fully clean. It did make things a lot more relaxing with a kid though since we never worried if he dropped his drink, knocked sand everywhere, etc. since we could easily wipe it up. However, that also goes back to the floor never being fully clean. Not sure if the floor is the cause, but I could clearly hear a neighbor using the toilet, flush and start the shower. I assumed the room next to us but maybe below us. We did not have a connecting door. We did get a lot of noise from the hallway also.

Housekeeping was inconsistent. The towels and bedding were standard but it appeared that some days she spent time in the room and other days none - trash cans all in one spot, outside chairs shoved to the side, toiletries messily put down (versus neatly displayed) - I mention since we always discuss mouse keeping here.

Love the new showers. DS declared it the best shower ever and we could not get him out. The bathroom setup is great with the sliding doors which we used numerous times.

As for the renovation - I would be completely shocked if the far wing (HS side) of the 3rd floor is not in use by the end of the week. When we arrived on the 9th, the floors, walls, furniture, beds were all inside ready to go. We counted at least 20 rooms in this stage. Our last two days they were clearly working on the 3rd floor rooms over the pool and maybe they are not as far along. I can't imagine the rooms going past September.

For those who have stayed in a newly renovated room at the YC, did you find the temp in the room comfortable? I was just reading another post that said the ceiling fans are now gone and the AC won't go below a certain level. I'm especially bummed about the fan because I am one who likes my room cool and like air is circulating. I hate when a room gets stuffy! I'm especially worried because we will be there in July and I'm already scared of the heat! Lol

For those who have stayed in a newly renovated room at the YC, did you find the temp in the room comfortable? I was just reading another post that said the ceiling fans are now gone and the AC won't go below a certain level. I'm especially bummed about the fan because I am one who likes my room cool and like air is circulating. I hate when a room gets stuffy! I'm especially worried because we will be there in July and I'm already scared of the heat! Lol

The a/c in our room was not working properly,blowing insanely cold, blowing hot air, not running at all, and leaking water profusely. However, all new rooms have a moton detection feature built into the actual box. It turns off when no movement is detected. Regardless of what temp is set, or if it has reached desired temp. When you return to the room, and are moving around it comes back on. Does NOT run while sleeping. Turns off within a half hour of no movement. "Tossing and turning" will not activate it. The lowest temp is 68. IMO you'd be hard pressed for it to get there if you weren't constantly in your room. No ceiling fans. As per management "that would create constant movement" and render the efficacy of the motion feature useless.
We will bring a small portable fan or three next time we visit. Not having any air moving was uncomfortable for us.

Thanks for the info....but that is not good! I don't know how I am going to figure out a fan but I may need to. Especially sleeping we like it to be cool.

The a/c in our room was not working properly,blowing insanely cold, blowing hot air, not running at all, and leaking water profusely. However, all new rooms have a motion detection feature built into the actual box. It turns off when no movement is detected. Regardless of what temp is set, or if it has reached desired temp. When you return to the room, and are moving around it comes back on. Does NOT run while sleeping. Turns off within a half hour of no movement. "Tossing and turning" will not activate it. The lowest temp is 68. IMO you'd be hard pressed for it to get there if you weren't constantly in your room. No ceiling fans. As per management "that would create constant movement" and render the efficacy of the motion feature useless.
We will bring a small portable fan or three next time we visit. Not having any air moving was uncomfortable for us.
I thought I read that a guest requested a portable fan for their room. and the resort complied. Can anyone confirm availability of portable fans?

The ceiling fan will be greatly missed during the hot, humid summers!

Last edited:
The a/c in our room was not working properly,blowing insanely cold, blowing hot air, not running at all, and leaking water profusely. However, all new rooms have a moton detection feature built into the actual box. It turns off when no movement is detected. Regardless of what temp is set, or if it has reached desired temp. When you return to the room, and are moving around it comes back on. Does NOT run while sleeping. Turns off within a half hour of no movement. "Tossing and turning" will not activate it. The lowest temp is 68. IMO you'd be hard pressed for it to get there if you weren't constantly in your room. No ceiling fans. As per management "that would create constant movement" and render the efficacy of the motion feature useless.
So does that mean the temp just rises when you aren't in the room or aren't moving?

So does that mean the temp just rises when you aren't in the room or aren't moving?

Pretty much. That was our experience. And also verified by management. The system is designed to and intended to shut off when no movement is detected.

I've heard that some folks buy those Mickey Balloons to float around the room, and that keeps it on...not sure how true this is, but it might work.

We were told that by club staff so we bought a balloon. And a clip on Mickey fan to keep the balloon moving. Was not successful.

Edit- to add, the motion detector works similarly to the kind you may have inside your home for an alarm. It will not react to small pets or objects. The balloon had no density, so the detector ignores it. Felt a bit silly when the manager giggled a little about the "balloon rumor". We did find a cute little boy to give it to though.

We were told that by club staff so we bought a balloon. And a clip on Mickey fan to keep the balloon moving. Was not successful.

Edit- to add, the motion detector works similarly to the kind you may have inside your home for an alarm. It will not react to small pets or objects. The balloon had no density, so the detector ignores it. Felt a bit silly when the manager giggled a little about the "balloon rumor". We did find a cute little boy to give it to though.
Well drat. But you did just save me some money because I was about to buy a fan. :flower3:

Well, it sounded good...dang.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter